The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

None, at this moment I'm literally chilling watching last weeks Eastenders omnibus. :smile: Good luck though!
Original post by Lucien23
I want to biochemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do a degree which i know will CERTAINLY(well..ish!) get me a job in the future. Not sure if something research/science based would do that for me :/ Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow!
Original post by benwalters1996
I want to do a degree which i know will CERTAINLY(well..ish!) get me a job in the future. Not sure if something research/science based would do that for me :/ Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'd like to go into physics research (but aeronautical engineering is also another possibility).

I think you should see what kind of careers would suit you most based on your interests. e.g. if you're science-orientated, then research and engineering would be good options; there are loads of different scientific areas which are research based so you could work in physics, chemistry, biology, geology, climate change, weather patterns, quantum mechanics, quantum computers, string theory, atmospheric sciences, artificial intelligence robots (computer science could be handy here) etc :smile:

Then, you should see what you need to do (e.g. qualification needed, qualities needed) to be in that career- e.g. a scientist would need to be curious, have attention to detail etc whilst an engineer would need attention to detail, a more business attitude etc

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 644
The 'why might scientists not agree' question tripped me up a bit. I said that he didn't reveal what catalyst was used so they couldn't repeat his experiment to see if it worked, so the power could have been gained from something else :confused:

What did you guys put?
Original post by andersson
The 'why might scientists not agree' question tripped me up a bit. I said that he didn't reveal what catalyst was used so they couldn't repeat his experiment to see if it worked, so the power could have been gained from something else :confused:

What did you guys put?

I wrote how he was not revealing his catalyst so it could be a publicity attempt and nuclear fission could be occuring as energy is being released. I then talked about how scientists are not able to repeat and verify his findings- so pretty similar to yours :smile:
Reply 646
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I wrote how he was not revealing his catalyst so it could be a publicity attempt and nuclear fission could be occuring as energy is being released. I then talked about how scientists are not able to repeat and verify his findings- so pretty similar to yours :smile:

You probably got the 2 marks there :redface:
Reply 647
Yeah I probably lost a few marks there :frown: oh well, I thought the rest of the paper was quite nice, no motors or generators WOO!

Maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. You?

Maths,Further maths, physics and computer science but i want to do chem..ideally would do 5 but workload might be too high and i don't want to do Chem and stuff it up(i like it but find it quite challenging already). My dad does computer science as a job so that's an A in the bag already :P Opinions on Chem? Any advice/changing around would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've taken physics, math, further maths and chemistry (same as andersson) :smile:

I'm being criticised heavily by close friends for taking chemistry (they think I'm making the wrong decision as it's supposedly very difficult :cool: )

What are you taking :smile:

Which exam board do you guys do???? Ours is OCR for all three sciences :smile: And Edexcel for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry guy here aswell. OCR- Physics and Chemistry. AQA- Maths and Further Maths.
Reply 648
Original post by Red Fox
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry guy here aswell. OCR- Physics and Chemistry. AQA- Maths and Further Maths.

I'm doing the same exam board for the sciences as you :cool:
You probably got the 2 marks there :redface:

You probably did as well- the question was vague in my opinion :rolleyes::wink:
Reply 650
I'm doing the same exam board for the sciences as you :cool:

I've already learnt most of AS Physics. Hopefully I will know all of AS Physics and Chemistry by the end of the summer holidays. I'm gonna be prepared for this:cool:
Is anyone else as annoyed as I am that we won't be able to do any A level exams in January?! :rolleyes:
Reply 652
Is anyone else as annoyed as I am that we won't be able to do any A level exams in January?! :rolleyes:

I've only ever sat 2 January exams so I can't really say it affects me because I'm used to it at the end of the year.

What did you guys put?

Same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It annoys me too. Makes it harder :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 655
That was the easiest one :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was that the easiest?! Haha I thought the satellite one was pips and the other one was average (radioactive tracers) but the transformers one was hard

i also put something similar along the lines that it didn't match up to the previous scientist's results etc, d'ya reckon that's ok? :smile:
Reply 657

We will have no exams in January?!

Not even AS exams??

Yes!! I like to get some exams out of the way so it's easier in the Summer :frown:
Original post by dazzer19
We will have no exams in January?!

Not even AS exams??

No, no AS exams in January (only in June) :redface:

Some news articles if you're interested:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20266533
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18497563

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending