The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XingBairong
Do you think this is possible grade boundaries or am I being to optimistic?
A* 63
A 57
B 51
C 45
D 39
E 33

That's about normal, isn't it? :s-smilie:

I've worked out I got about 42 if I'm lucky ... fml :banghead:
Do you think this is possible grade boundaries or am I being to optimistic?
A* 63
A 57
B 51
C 45
D 39
E 33

Lower than that. I would definitely say this was the hardest C4 paper i've ever seen by quite an amount. 50 for an A? I would guess.
Reply 682
Grade boundaries for 90UMS the last 6 sessions have been

57, 60, 62, 64 66, 67 [Ive put them into increasing order they're not in year order]

Considering, by all accounts this was a pretty difficult paper Id put the 90 UMS boundary somewhere between that 57 and 62.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LydBarry
what actually is the integral of tan2x? I put 0.5lnsec2x but i dont know if this is right or not?

That's right.

(If only I'd known that this morning)
Seems about right might be even a bit lower talking to the other people at my center they found it harder than the lowest grade boundary paper which was 51 for an A and 57 for an A*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 685
Original post by JakePreedy
In my opinion that is still cheating... why should someone have an advantage just because they bought high tech. equipment? Casio fx-85GT all the way! :P

It's not cheating if it says graphic calculators are allowed. I could walk into a any exam and complain why only those that can afford a pen deserve advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheSneakyBadger
Lower than that. I would definitely say this was the hardest C4 paper i've ever seen by quite an amount. 50 for an A? I would guess.

That would be dreamy but life is never that kind.
Original post by Maid Marian
That would be dreamy but life is never that kind.

max 55 for an A :P
Reply 688
I could have got anything between 60 and 65. If someone tells me 80 UMS will definitely be below 60 I'll feel a lot better!
Original post by Namige
It's not cheating if it says graphic calculators are allowed. I could walk into a any exam and complain why only those that can afford a pen deserve advantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's still unfair that some people have calculators can do this work out integrals and cubics (although most people now have calculators that do the latter)

thats a stupid point anyway, you can get a pen for less than 50p, if you couldn't afford one the exam centre would give you one
where as graphic calculators are £80 new which puts many candidates off, so the people who can afford it have an advantage
Original post by JAS274
I could have got anything between 60 and 65. If someone tells me 80 UMS will definitely be below 60 I'll feel a lot better!

I'm sure it will be below 60 :L

I'm getting somewhere between 64-66
and hoping for 92 :L
Reply 691
That's right.

thank you! i still managed to get something like root 6 + 3 so only think i've got one mark. gah. hardest exam i've ever done
Original post by printergirl
It's still unfair that some people have calculators can do this work out integrals and cubics (although most people now have calculators that do the latter)

thats a stupid point anyway, you can get a pen for less than 50p, if you couldn't afford one the exam centre would give you one
where as graphic calculators are £80 new which puts many candidates off, so the people who can afford it have an advantage

A Graphical calculator helps you check, it dissent actually give you the answer. Anyone could do the paper without a graphical calculator as well as anyone else; I don't have one and got both the graph questions correct. An individual should be well able to do those questions without one.
As for the calculator that lets you check integrals etc. mine cost £6, hardly breaking the bank is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 693
Where is Mr M
Original post by tooambitious
A Graphical calculator helps you check, it dissent actually give you the answer. Anyone could do the paper without a graphical calculator as well as anyone else; I don't have one and got both the graph questions correct. An individual should be well able to do those questions without one.
As for the calculator that lets you check integrals etc. mine cost £6, hardly breaking the bank is it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did say most calculators do integrals now..
it lets you know you've gone wrong, so it does help

edit (bold)
you may have been able to get it right, but im sure lots of people who were unsure could have used a graphical calculator which would have given them a better idea of the answer
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FiftyFive
I made a really weird way of estimating 100/729, I multiplied by the denominator and just let x = 100/729. This is completely valid, but will this get me the marks?

That's ridiculous, so we expanded twice?? in part i and iii.. and I'm glad it's only 2 marks for that, could have been a 3-4 marker
Reply 696
Also for the rates questions I put root x instead of 1 over root x. how many marks do you think i'll get? Do you think they'll be any follow through marks for finding c or k?
That's right.

I forgot aswell, so i pulled out the formula booklet and checked it to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 698
I'm sure it will be below 60 :L

I'm getting somewhere between 64-66
and hoping for 92 :L

I hope you're right!
Original post by printergirl
i did say most calculators do integrals now..
it lets you know you've gone wrong, so it does help

so that was a complete non-point, why even mention it
Considering the question directly specified how the question it should be done I really don't think the calculator confers the advantage you suggest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending