The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi

F334 JAN 2013 - Last question. how do you calculate rate of disappearance?!?!
Original post by :)ella
Does anyone have a copy of the Jan 13 paper?

I'm so nervous for tomorrow :frown:

January Paper.pdf
January MS.pdf

Don't worry! It's only natural to get exam nerves now; best thing to do is go over you notes, finish off them past papers; so you can gain confidence for tomorrow. Try your best, and you'll get what you put in :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by abzy1234
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Don't worry! It's only natural to get exam nerves now; best thing to do is go over you notes, finish off them past papers; so you can gain confidence for tomorrow. Try your best, and you'll get what you put in :smile:

thanks wsa just looking for this :P

wait it's not workinng :frown:
Original post by Tikara
thanks wsa just looking for this :P

wait it's not workinng :frown:

Re-uploaded them :smile:
Reply 144
hay guys im probably missing something simple here but how do you know what the oxidation state of Cr is in Na2CrO4. Its question 2aii in the jun 12 paper http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/131295-question-paper-unit-f334-chemistry-of-materials.pdf
Reply 145
Original post by MTI
hay guys im probably missing something simple here but how do you know what the oxidation state of Cr is in Na2CrO4. Its question 2aii in the jun 12 paper http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/131295-question-paper-unit-f334-chemistry-of-materials.pdf

oxygen is always -2
Na is group 1 so +1

totalling them up gives +2 -8 = -6
So for the whole molecule to be neutral the Cr must have +6 state :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by MTI

You should know what Na is +1 while Oxygen is always -2, so Cr has an oxidation state of +6 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by Tikara
oxygen is always -2
Na is group 1 so +1

totalling them up gives +2 -8 = -6
So for the whole molecule to be neutral the Cr must have +6 state :smile:

Original post by super121
You should know what Na is +1 while Oxygen is always -2, so Cr has an oxidation state of +6 :smile:

haha thank you :smile: i feel silly now for not knowing Na is +1 :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by desiboy20395
Hi

F334 JAN 2013 - Last question. how do you calculate rate of disappearance?!?!

I was just about to ask this to, does anyone know?

All i can assume is that to make iodine (I2) (i.e the rate of dissapearance of I-) is twice the rate given because you need 2I- to make I2. I have absolutely no idea if that is right but its all i can think of to justify getting the answer of 2.0 x 10-5. Hopefully someone else can confirm or correct me :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/79818-question-paper-unit-f334-chemistry-of-materials.pdf

question 1div, how does going over the end point make concentration of e300 seem lower? I don't understand this at all. (Or that rate of dissapearrance of i2 on that other paper. **** iodine)
Reply 150
Original post by abzy1234
January Paper.pdf
January MS.pdf

Thank you:biggrin:
Reply 151
Just did the Jan 13 paper and I got a worse mark than I did in January :frown:
Do Tm and Tg like go up with each other?
What I mean is say Tm is 'higher than average' does that mean Tg is 'higher than average'?
what colours of compounds/ions etc do we need to have memorised for tomorrow? do we need to remember all the complex ion colours?
Reply 154
Whats the difference between a condensation reaction and an elimination reaction? I thought condensation was losing water but HCl can be lost too :frown:
Can someone explain the difference between secondary and tertiary structure for me? I know it's really simple but I never know how to write it... :/
Original post by Tikara
Whats the difference between a condensation reaction and an elimination reaction? I thought condensation was losing water but HCl can be lost too :frown:

Condensation is two molecules coming together and creating a small molecule (water/HCl..) but elimination is where one molecule looses water/HCl :smile:

(I think!)
Reply 157
Original post by Stardust95
Condensation is two molecules coming together and creating a small molecule (water/HCl..) but elimination is where one molecule looses water/HCl :smile:

(I think!)

so a small molecule is lost completely from one molecule in elimination and from both molecules in condensation?
Reply 158
of all the atoms we learn about I think Nitrogen is my favourite
Reply 159
Original post by Tikara

A condensation reaction is an addition reaction followed by and elimination, whereas an elimination is a loss of a small molecule.

Latest

Trending

Trending