The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Please could someone post on there their notes and business examples for contingency planning? This hasnt come up before and I have no notes on it :s-smilie:
Reply 481
Original post by Tommy1995
Royal Mail - new CEO Moya Greene came I. To help change culture. She used clear visions and careful planning. She organised a 3 step 6 month plan. As she was facing resistance she used Lewins unfreeze - change- freeze model. This helped reduce resistance as it helps employees see why change is needed. She also kept a blog on the website so people could see how change was occurring . Finally she built good relations with unions to prevent any strikes etc

Do we not need to go into too much detail then in terms of the case study? So we just need to know how it was changed and use analysis to pick up the major marks?
which other topics, apart from contingency planning have never come up?
If the question is a for and against, does it have to be balanced? or can it be 3 for 1 against? Could it even be 4 against or not?
Reply 484
Original post by Infamous12
which other topics, apart from contingency planning have never come up?

Do people really think contingency planning will come up? :s-smilie: :confused: It's too specific to write an essay on, i don't think there'd be a specific question on it if i'm honest
Original post by nadster
Do people really think contingency planning will come up? :s-smilie: :confused: It's too specific to write an essay on, i don't think there'd be a specific question on it if i'm honest

It would be relatively harsh from AQA if it did because its quite difficult to research and is a bit too specific.
Original post by kbr118
Do we not need to go into too much detail then in terms of the case study? So we just need to know how it was changed and use analysis to pick up the major marks?

analysis is worth 10 marks and application 8. knowledge/content is 8. evaluation 14.

as you can see analysis and application are worth similar amounts.
Reply 487
Am I right in thinking part 2 is a choice of 3 questions?
Original post by nadster

It would be relatively harsh from AQA if it did because its quite difficult to research and is a bit too specific.

unlikely to come up but I have seen a question on corporate planning before I think, which I think is quite a hard essay to write about but it did come up :/
Reply 489

I totally agree, besides...AQA have been combining more than one topic together in essay titles recently, which is alright.
Original post by Kellyy :)
Am I right in thinking part 2 is a choice of 3 questions?

yes :smile:
Reply 491
Original post by needtosucceed=)
unlikely to come up but I have seen a question on corporate planning before I think, which I think is quite a hard essay to write about but it did come up :/

corporate planning is broader...
Original post by nadster
corporate planning is broader...

yea but it's still pretty hard to research and write about.
Original post by needtosucceed=)

Original post by nadster
I totally agree, besides...AQA have been combining more than one topic together in essay titles recently, which is alright.

Do you think anything on the economy and/or takeovers and mergers could come up?
Do you think anything on the economy and/or takeovers and mergers could come up?

i've got a feeling both will. something about how the economy is affecting business at the moment maybe.
Reply 495
I havent really researched that. I dont know what to research for it. I still have a bit to research for section B apart from contingency planning though. Stuff like the recession and competition. Have you covered most of section B's topics?

Done economical , technological, competitive envronment

Need to do managing change, contingency planning and corprate aims and objectives
has anyone done an essay on the 'ways of changing organisational culture' bullet point or knows key points to include in paragraphs? I've got examples of businesses but don't know how i'd write an essay on it
I had so many exams last week so really didnt focus on Buss4. What are the main topic areas do you think I should focus on for Section B with their business examples? I desperately need an A for Uni and at this rate I dont think that is going to happen :frown:
If anybody wants the January 2013 paper and mark scheme to look at, PM me your e-mail addresses and i'll send you them :smile:
Can anyone explain due dilligence?

Quick Reply

Latest