The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Can I also just point out, you can plot points of the graph on the Casio calculator. That Wouk have also showed you that te point was a minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QuestionsQ
Sorry - did someone say that the volume they found for the balloon was 30.5? How does that work given that at t=5, r=9 which gives a volume of around 3000cm^3.

the r=9 is when t=5, the question was asking for the volume when t=0 and therefore r=1.9....cm.
Original post by QuestionsQ
Sorry - did someone say that the volume they found for the balloon was 30.5? How does that work given that at t=5, r=9 which gives a volume of around 3000cm^3.

It was at t=0, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namige
For god's sake. Graph sketching is only used for C1, and if you didn't know how a graph of -x^2 looks, then you pretty much are screwed for the rest of the paper. Plus, it is only 1 or 2 marks and to sketch the graph on a graphic calculator would take about 20 seconds for it to draw. You could draw the graph by working it out within 10 seconds.

And the answer it gives for integration questions can be given from a £14 casio calculator. It does it no more accurate, or faster. The only advantage a graphic calculator gives is a larger screen.

Unless you actually own a graphic calculator, please don't complain about it.

You obviously haven't taken an FP2 exam, it goes far beyond a quadratic graph, taking a lot longer than a few seconds to sketch XD... I think even "tooambitious" would agree.

I'm not talking about just graphic's calculators, any calculator which gives you an advantage over function keys (like sin, cos) and calculating values.

You need to read my previous post.
Original post by tooambitious
Can I also just point out, you can plot points of the graph on the Casio calculator. That Wouk have also showed you that te point was a minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think theres a majorlag inbetween our replies meaning im always replying to your already answered posts
Original post by printergirl
i like you jakepreedy

tooambitious you're a nice guy

nimage you and your graphic calculator can go back to whatever idiot hellhole you came from

don't make me blush :colondollar: :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think theres a majorlag inbetween our replies meaning im always replying to your already answered posts

Haha, yeah there is, no worries now anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChrissM
I'd be surprised if you drop more than one mark for that. I think it was only out of 5, so you'll probably just drop a method mark. I wouldn't panic about it!

Wah really? But I integrated tan2x to lnsec2x, not 1/2lnsec2x.

Would I really only lose one mark? :eek::erm:
Can I just be very clear, for JakePreedy and Printergirl that your argument that use of a graphic calculator is cheating really just does by make sense.

If its unfair, yes, perhaps in exams where you get marks just for the graph (not in C4) but then talk to OCR, don't insult people. It's wholly unnecessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Don't get me wrong, I know that they are not cheating (that was a slip of the tongue), but I still think you can't defend the fact that it gives you an advantage (how little it may be)."

I am sorry if you feel that I have insulted you, I certainly didn't intend to.
Great work Benjy100

I've added brief amendments to your solutions in bold below.

Original post by Benjy100
This is effectively a preliminary markscheme until Mr M posts his full definitive solutions. Some of my answers may be wrong. Spoilered incase you don't want to see them :smile:

*A few additions have been made to the markscheme* - namely the cartesian equation (forgot to put it in)

Spoiler

i like you jakepreedy

nimage you and your graphic calculator can go back to whatever idiot hellhole you came from

This post actually made me laugh so much :L
It was at t=0, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I know - I was just comparing that volume to the volume others got - I got around 6.9cm for my radius - and I have no idea how I did that wrong. This is really bad. Really bad indeed.
don't make me blush :colondollar: :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

tooambitious, how have you had almost 6,000 posts? :O
Original post by JakePreedy
You obviously haven't taken an FP2 exam, it goes far beyond a quadratic graph, taking a lot longer than a few seconds to sketch XD... I think even "tooambitious" would agree.

I'm not talking about just graphic's calculators, any calculator which gives you an advantage over function keys (like sin, cos) and calculating values.

You need to read my previous post.

Yeah, I can't draw graphs for sit, definitely lost two marks on the polar for FP2 :cry2:
Realised with a minute to spare, and my axis took up all the space, oh well, just means I have to try for M2 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For what it's worth, I think a lot of A level students would find this a tough paper; I'd expect the grade boundaries to be lower than average.
i like you jakepreedy

Back at ya ;-)
Original post by XingBairong
This post actually made me laugh so much :L

why dont you show me some gratitude with a little thumbs up:biggrin:
Reply 757
Original post by Mr M (jr)
For what it's worth, I think a lot of A level students would find this a tough paper; I'd expect the grade boundaries to be lower than average.

Are you Mr M's son?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr M (jr)

are you mr m's disowned son because you didnt get 100 ums in maths?
Original post by JakePreedy
"Don't get me wrong, I know that they are not cheating (that was a slip of the tongue), but I still think you can't defend the fact that it gives you an advantage (how little it may be)."

I am sorry if you feel that I have insulted you, I certainly didn't intend to.

Nah, I'm fine (Idont use one, so wasn't offended) but the insulation that only worse mathematicians would use one or that it is not dignified was harsh :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending