The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Mr M (jr)
Not as far as I know!! Our M's stand for different surnames :biggrin:

Oooo cooolio!
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A and B??

Posted from TSR Mobile
7: lose 2 probably

4: lose 3 probably; 4 would be harsh.

9: If you've not stated x=0 then yes, lose 1

8: should have been r= (3/2(3.24t+1.8))^2/3. If you had this then you shouldn't lose a mark.

for 4, if I wrote just one coordinates (0.5pi,1) would I lose 1 or 2 marks?
for the substitution question, if I didn't put x back in, would I lose another mark?

thank you :biggrin:
Reply 782

8: should have been r= (3/2(3.24t+1.8))^2/3. If you had this then you shouldn't lose a mark.

Would you expect that if i lose those marks only it would be above 87 ums?

yeah it was 3/2 i fail at using key boards and calculators... i lost 3 marks in c3 due to a similar error...
Reply 783
Original post by JakePreedy
Your pitiful argument to say that because the exam board says it's fair, it must be, is absolutely ludicrous. You obviously haven't taken any exams where you've felt the exam was either ridiculously hard or easy have you? Exam boards make mistakes.

Anyways, I've got revision to do. Cheers for the discussion.
That's irrelevant. Please do bring this up to OCR, so I can see the outcome. I genuinely want to see this :biggrin:
Original post by JakePreedy
Your pitiful argument to say that because the exam board says it's fair, it must be, is absolutely ludicrous. You obviously haven't taken any exams where you've felt the exam was either ridiculously hard or easy have you? Exam boards make mistakes.

Anyways, I've got revision to do. Cheers for the discussion.

nimage do you need some ice because you just got BURNT!
Reply 785

do u lose marks for leaving the answer as ln u + 1/u ?

also for the tan 2x one my intergral was -2ln(2-sec^2x) n subbed in limits, but apparently that was wrong, however differentiating it u get the tan2x fraction? and I checked both answers from the calculator and mine is pretty much very close to the required 1/4ln3?
On Question 8 - I subbed in the t value instead of the r value for 1.08=k/sqrtR by mistake (yep -_-). Everything else in my working is correct - how many marks in total for I and II will I lose? Also, 2 of my y co ords for question 4 were incorrect somehow - so how many for that too? Greatly appreciate what you do here.
Original post by Vip3rgt9
Just realised that I've made lots of mistakes... Why do I look on TSR after exams?

This!

Bleurgh...what a tough paper...anyone have any ideas on the grade boundaries? I'm guessing low but not sure :eek:
Reply 788
Great work Benjy100

I've added brief amendments to your solutions in bold below.

Can you tell me how many marks I've dropped?

7. Used sin(171) to get volume of pyramid = 9.67, because 171 was less accurate than 8.68..

8. Wrote dr/dt=-kroot(r) so wrong answer, method marks?

4. Only got 2 stationary points.

10. Couldn't prove (iii) but got the expansion correct.
(edited 10 years ago)
Sorry if it's already been posted, but is there an unofficial markscheme yet? x
Reply 790
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by printergirl
nimage do you need some ice because you just got BURNT!
Sorry, are you talking to me?
Original post by maid marian
nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just did lnsec2x, no 1/2.

*sobs*

i did that too :frown:
Reply 793
No, it was ln(u) + (1/u) + c

Oh yeah that's what I put (I think/hope). That's a huge relief as I thought I'd done it completely wrong. Thanks for your help
Reply 794
FML, i have lost so much. I though it said directly proportional, not inversely proportional :/
Original post by Banoffeepiee
On question 7, I put at the start dr/dt= 1/k(R^.5) and so got the overall equation wrong, would I get any method marks or follow through marks for part ii)? :smile:

Actually, there's nothing wrong with this; your k is just 1/(most other students' k). The equation, although different, will still be correct.
Hi guys.

Sorry no mark scheme from me tonight - I forgot to collect a paper from our exams office before I came home.

Hopefully someone else can fill the void.

Mr M

Edit: I see Jr is in the house.
Original post by saberahmed786
i did that too :frown:

:console:
Original post by Mr M
Hi guys.

Sorry no mark scheme from me tonight - I forgot to collect a paper from our exams office before I came home.

Hopefully someone else can fill the void.

Mr M

Edit: I see Jr is in the house.

You wasteman
Original post by JAS274
Can you tell me how many marks I've dropped?

7. Used sin(171) to get volume of pyramid = 9.67, because 171 was less accurate than 8.68..

DROP 1

8. Wrote dr/dt=-kroot(r) so wrong answer, method marks?

DROP 5 OUT OF 7 PROBABLY

4. Only got 2 stationary points.

DROP 3 PROBABLY

10. Couldn't prove (iii) but got the expansion correct.

DROP 2 OR 3

:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending