The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananarama2
I was talking about LoTF :tongue:

If you're who I think you are, you're the opposite.

Okay :wink: thanks for respecting my anonymity guys (if who you think I am is correct :wink: )
Reply 2901
Original post by hogwartian1993
Okay :wink: thanks for respecting my anonymity guys (if who you think I am is correct :wink: )

It's pretty obvious when you're posing at your college of choice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oromis263
Gap year physnatsci at King's. :smile: You done much on your year out?

Working at my local youth theatre, moved in with my boyfriend, did a sign language level one course, done some voluntary translation, did some paid acting work, took various amateur drama roles, tutored in French, did a bit of retail work, slept a lot, stage managed a few shows. In the summer, i'm doing another play, hoping to be part of a film and do some voiceover work and hopefully go on holiday somewhere (as well as prep work obviously!) what about you? :smile:
Reply 2903
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Trying to revise for my last two exams and there's a bloody band parade happening outside my window! Ahhh Northern Irish problems :frown:

Mind you, I do get to celebrate finishing by going to see the Game of Thrones exhibition in Belfast at the weekend! :yeah:

Good luck to everyone still doing exams :smile:

:redface: take me with youuuu!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2904
Original post by Wessex Boy
Hello all,

Just joined TSR, got myself an offer for History at Sidney Sussex starting this October. Thought I'd say hi :smile:

Hi! I've got an offer from Sidney Sussex as well, though for theology and religious studies. :smile: is yours a conditional?
Reply 2905
Ok so I literally just saw this thread on the internet and creating an account just now (I have no clue what's going on on here!) I have a conditional offer for Downing for languages, and couldn't find any other Downing offer holders anywhere (well on fb or twitter) is there anyone!?
Reply 2906
There are so many trolls on the Cambridge group on Facebook that I'm starting to doubt who I am.

Hey can you share the link please??
Original post by Verity_Roat
Working at my local youth theatre, moved in with my boyfriend, did a sign language level one course, done some voluntary translation, did some paid acting work, took various amateur drama roles, tutored in French, did a bit of retail work, slept a lot, stage managed a few shows. In the summer, i'm doing another play, hoping to be part of a film and do some voiceover work and hopefully go on holiday somewhere (as well as prep work obviously!) what about you? :smile:

I played quite a lot of minesweeper...

:lol:

Working in a restaurant for cash, did 2 extra AS levels, continued studying maths and physics to hopefully lessen the blow of starting after a year out, and I'm going inter-railing in 2 weeks. :smile:
Original post by amyjjh
Ok so I literally just saw this thread on the internet and creating an account just now (I have no clue what's going on on here!) I have a conditional offer for Downing for languages, and couldn't find any other Downing offer holders anywhere (well on fb or twitter) is there anyone!?

I've got an offer from Downing for Economics, I haven't really seen many Downing people around to be honest haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2909
Original post by Hebbamundo
I've got an offer from Downing for Economics, I haven't really seen many Downing people around to be honest haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay! someone else! yeah they're hard to find!!
Reply 2910
Hi guys, only just found this thread (bit late)...

Offer for History at Magdalene.

I haven't seen any FB groups for Magdalene offer holders or Freshers? Anyone seen any?

Good luck to any people who have exams remaining.
Reply 2911
Ah actually no worries, just found one :colondollar:
Original post by cpmurph
Ah actually no worries, just found one :colondollar:

Hey, Magdalene offer holder here too! NatSci :smile: Is the Facebook group the Magdalene Freshers 2013? I was confused because people on there look like they already go to Cambridge (I totally stalked a few of them just now.. :innocent: ) and we're 'technically' not freshers yet as we wait for doomsday in August!
I am no troll! :bawling:

Seriously, though, I'm not a troll haha

There's a troll in the girl's bathroom!
Reply 2914
Original post by fowlerbean
Hey, Magdalene offer holder here too! NatSci :smile: Is the Facebook group the Magdalene Freshers 2013? I was confused because people on there look like they already go to Cambridge (I totally stalked a few of them just now.. :innocent: ) and we're 'technically' not freshers yet as we wait for doomsday in August!

I would never fb stalk :wink:

I think it is intended for us, it was just set up by a few current students in the union. I saw a post that said 'our first fresher joined' that was put up a month ago. There are a few new ppl on now I think. There's a general Cambridge one as well which has a lot more new people ('Official Cambridge Freshers' I think).

I know we're not in yet, but I gambled :redface:. I reckon I can always leave the group if things don't work out on August 16th.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cpmurph
I would never fb stalk :wink:

I think it is intended for us, it was just set up by a few current students in the union. I saw a post that said 'our first fresher joined' that was put up a month ago. There are a few new ppl on now I think. There's a general Cambridge one as well which has a lot more new people ('Official Cambridge Freshers' I think).

I know we're not in yet, but I gambled :redface:. I reckon I can always leave the group if things don't work out on August 16th.

Haha, it's like protocol.

I'll just get right in there then, thanks! :biggrin:
Anyone who's got an offer for Philosophy, I just found the Facebook group for us freshers! Only 8 of us in there at the moment, there must be more of us?! :frown:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/231357193656304/243482762443747/?comment_id=243482995777057&notif_t=like
Bye Bye Cambridge. Was nice knowing you all.
Really worried about results day now. I'm gonna be devastated if I miss the offer. To have been so close, and all that.
Original post by DJMayes
What happened?

Silly mistakes in a maths exam. An exam that was actually quite easy...

Tbh I'm probably being melodramatic but I'm kind of relying on luck now.

Latest

Trending

Trending