The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XingBairong
7ii) I did t the same and I'm guessing 0 unless they give you one for timing it by the right height? 0 or 1 but more likely 0 :L

You'd probably get the 1 mark for AD.
Reply 881
Does doing d^2y/dx^2 on 9ii rather than considering dy/dx on either side lose you a mark? Or would they allow it..
Reckon I got 60 raw marks, any ideas how much ums this will be roughly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amazing Al
Reckon I got 60 raw marks, any ideas how much ums this will be roughly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably 87-91

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 884
Original post by tooambitious

I need 90 UMS for A*. Unfortuantely I reckon I got 61... so very tight. I'm blaming you tooambitious if I dont get the A* and you're prediction is wrong :wink:.

(In other words, please god let you be right.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mykho1
I don't think that was a straightforward paper at all.. but June 2012 was no doubt harder. I actually requested my marked paper scanned back, and guess what guys..? It was marked out of 72... meaning an A* mark would have been 65... So I am really not feeling optimistic about this at all. I'm from Winchester College, and majority of the subjects have already changed to Pre-U instead of A-levels. And because of the introduction of the supposedly ''MUCH'' harder pre-u exam, a levels have felt the need to tighten up, hence the unexpected jump in BOTH difficulty and grade boundaries for last year's C4. I expect them to keep it similar, so that would mean like a 64 for A* and a 57/58 for an A.......

I'm just being realistic here guys

june 2012 was a considerably easier paper. Sorry :')
Reply 886
Original post by TheSneakyBadger

Exactly, the only hard question on that paper was integrating lnx and the rast of them were gift marks
Original post by sj_1995
I need 90 UMS for A*. Unfortuantely I reckon I got 61... so very tight. I'm blaming you tooambitious if I dont get the A* and you're prediction is wrong :wink:.

(In other words, please god let you be right.)

:teehee: :crossedf: for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't realise June 12 was so low, in which case I'd say 61 is easily A* :smile:
Reply 889
Can I kill myself now please?
WHAT IS EVERYONE SAYING AN A IS??? GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR AN A???????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DoeADeer
Can I kill myself now please?
WHAT IS EVERYONE SAYING AN A IS??? GRADE BOUNDARIES FOR AN A???????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope:

A* - 60
A - 53
B - 46
C - 39
D - 32
Original post by Namige
Does doing d^2y/dx^2 on 9ii rather than considering dy/dx on either side lose you a mark? Or would they allow it..

I did the same, d^2y/dx^2 just considers the gradient on either side right?
Original post by .....p.....
At least I didn't screw up the integral question. That's got to be an automatic rejection from university?

You joke but it may as well be :L
Original post by JASApplications
I hope:

A* - 60
A - 53
B - 46
C - 39
D - 32

Considering June 12 boundaries were lower, I say take two marks off everything there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tooambitious
Considering June 12 boundaries were lower, I say take two marks off everything there

Posted from TSR Mobile

june 2012 was 57 for an A :P But I reckon an A will be about 52.
Reply 895
Original post by ttylerbevann
Kind of, it just determines directly whether it is a max or min.
Original post by ttylerbevann

It tells you the rate of the rate of change of the gradient, so whether or not the gradient is increasing or decreasing.
Original post by TheSneakyBadger

This, June 2012 was much much easier than this one IMO.
Original post by Mr M
drop 1

Question 7 part i, what was the correct angle? :smile:
Original post by mykho1
I don't think that was a straightforward paper at all.. but June 2012 was no doubt harder. I actually requested my marked paper scanned back, and guess what guys..? It was marked out of 72... meaning an A* mark would have been 65... So I am really not feeling optimistic about this at all. I'm from Winchester College, and majority of the subjects have already changed to Pre-U instead of A-levels. And because of the introduction of the supposedly ''MUCH'' harder pre-u exam, a levels have felt the need to tighten up, hence the unexpected jump in BOTH difficulty and grade boundaries for last year's C4. I expect them to keep it similar, so that would mean like a 64 for A* and a 57/58 for an A.......

I'm just being realistic here guys

You clearly have no idea about how grade boundaries are calculated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending