The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
What did u guy write about the capacitors I just said smooh the waves.. I flopped this exam, definatly not getting an A :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 701
have any of you got history tomorrow? the paper on surgery?
If many of you found it difficult, then the grade boundaries will probably be lowered :wink:

I'm not too worried for physics since I'm more worried for Additional Maths and my French Listening exams...although I've noticed a pattern that they were both in the afternoon and I was forced to go in for normal lessons on those days (so couldn't revise in the morning) -if that's affected by grades I will be seriously annoyed. :angry:

Anyway, I digress. :tongue:
Original post by Notirem
What did u guy write about the capacitors I just said smooh the waves.. I flopped this exam, definatly not getting an A :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that capacitors smooth the output by storing charge when the voltage increases in the circuit, but then discharges this charge when the voltage begins to fall. :smile:

If it helps, last year, in my physics P1/2/3 exam, I had to guess some of the questions and there were some which I had no idea how to answer so I was very worried about the exam...But in the end, I got 138/140 UMS. :eek: So, you've probably done fine :wink:
Reply 704
I didnt think the exam was bad...my guess is around 49 for an A* and I think I have got at a minimum 60 :smug:

I left out the capacitor Q...i guessed the bridge circiut one..and the missing part of the circuit Q thing...so that is -5 :hugs::smug::eek:

Anyone taking these subjects next year
Bio..chem..physics ,,,all aqa
M,Fm,Afm...all edexcel ???

Ryan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97
I didnt think the exam was bad...my guess is around 49 for an A* and I think I have got at a minimum 60 :smug:

I left out the capacitor Q...i guessed the bridge circiut one..and the missing part of the circuit Q thing...so that is -5 :hugs::smug::eek:

Ryan

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're taking 6 A levels? :eek:
I'm doing maths/further maths with Edexcel...:biggrin:

But I'm on different exam boards for physics and chemistry- Edexcel and OCR respectively :redface:
Reply 706
Ermmm..6AS levels..but ialready have M so 5 :tongue:

Hehe.... What modules are you doing next year
Me= c3,c4,m2,fp1&2,s1,d1&2
I might not do one though...but im setting my goal to be that^^^

Ryan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dazzer19
have any of you got history tomorrow? the paper on surgery?

I do! :L
Reply 708
I personalky thought this exam was good, considering I took the exam early (I'm 14 years old) it wasn't too challenging. We hadn't learnt the diodes in that way, we learnt them as a full ciruit so haing two contact points really confused me. The other question I forgot was about the sprays on the trampoline. I loved the six mark questions, especially for P4 AND P5, the P6 one on transformers was okay, but I just said step down transformers change the voltage using electromagnetic induction with wires wrapped round an iron core. Thern used the equation V(p)I(p)=V(s)I(s) and for the diagram I just drew that there were more coils on the primary coils, than the secondary coils. Is this correct? not sure. Anyway I am happy about the low grade boundaries. Considering I think I only didn't quite understand 4 or so 2 mark and 1 mark questions, I think I should be fine. Oh and what did you guys get for the projectile question, the second part where he releases his parachute. Please reply so I can put my mind at rest. Thanks Sass Queen
Reply 709
Original post by ryanb97

Ryan

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the missing circuit thing?

Original post by sassqueen
I personalky thought this exam was good, considering I took the exam early (I'm 14 years old) it wasn't too challenging. We hadn't learnt the diodes in that way, we learnt them as a full ciruit so haing two contact points really confused me. The other question I forgot was about the sprays on the trampoline. I loved the six mark questions, especially for P4 AND P5, the P6 one on transformers was okay, but I just said step down transformers change the voltage using electromagnetic induction with wires wrapped round an iron core. Thern used the equation V(p)I(p)=V(s)I(s) and for the diagram I just drew that there were more coils on the primary coils, than the secondary coils. Is this correct? not sure. Anyway I am happy about the low grade boundaries. Considering I think I only didn't quite understand 4 or so 2 mark and 1 mark questions, I think I should be fine. Oh and what did you guys get for the projectile question, the second part where he releases his parachute. Please reply so I can put my mind at rest. Thanks Sass Queen

It was 180m if I remember correctly
Reply 710
Original post by HR1996
That question about the anti spray thingy,i said that the spray stops the insulator material in the trampoline from being charged(and then rambled on) do i get the 2 marks??

It actually makes it conduct, which always the charge to pass through the trampoline and be earthed in that way, rather than through the girl when she touches the ground. I think I said something about it gaining the charge form the girl, I might only get 1 mark. You may get 1 mark if they are lenient. I hope that helped.
Reply 711
Original post by Knowing
This is exactly what happened to me for P1 - P3 this year.

I did find it tough on time on this one too - finished just 2 minutes before the end. (I rushed through the whole exam in anticipation as well)

Strange - I finished with 15 minutes left to go and I've never finished so early
Reply 712
Original post by red fox
two marks

praise heavanly jesus
Reply 713
Original post by andersson
Strange - I finished with 15 minutes left to go and I've never finished so early

Did you accidentally miss out a page? :wink: I kid :lol: but yeah, Physics has been one of the toughest on time this year - you must've finished earlier on Bio and Chem?
Reply 714
Original post by IHTWFR
Speed of light in water would be 2.25 x 10^8

Transformer: Isn't it 230 turns on the coil and 5 on the secondary?

I don't think you needed number of coils? I used the power equation to show that the way in which that voltage can be produced is because the current increases to keep to the rule that power is the same in the primary coil as it is in the secondary coil. Is this correct? Please someone answer
Reply 715
what did people get for the question that yo had to tick the boxes for, about light being proved as a particle or a wave did anyone else get 3 ticks,
Reply 716
Original post by joeyy
what did people get for the question that yo had to tick the boxes for, about light being proved as a particle or a wave did anyone else get 3 ticks,

I only got 2 ticks:

Particle = reflection
Wave = diffraction

What was your extra tick?
Reply 717
Original post by Knowing
I only got 2 ticks:

Particle = reflection
Wave = diffraction

What was your extra tick?

i put a tick for waves and reflection
Original post by ryanb97
Ermmm..6AS levels..but ialready have M so 5 :tongue:

Hehe.... What modules are you doing next year
Me= c3,c4,m2,fp1&2,s1,d1&2
I might not do one though...but im setting my goal to be that^^^

Ryan

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fairly impressive doing 6 AS levels :wink:

No idea which modules I'll be doing :tongue:...Is it possible to do (apart from the mandatory modules) to do only mechanics as your options, or do you have to do statistics and decision modules as well? :smile:
What did you guys put for that 6 Mark transformer one? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending