The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
"Is an innovative culture essemtial for business success?"
what could be the negative points for this anyone?
Reply 621
Original post by rubix1
Anyone have examples for Contingency Planning, Risk Management, and Political/Legal Environment?

You could talk about the potential legislation to ban differentiated cigarette packaging...they re thinking of making a single packet that all cigarettes must be sold in
I have a feeling it will be a hard paper, seeming as January's paper was fricking easy looking at it. I don't think there will be a question on managing change/leadership as that is linked so heavily to culture. Its probable that something based on strategy may come up :smile:
Original post by Superunknown17
You made that? I've got literally the exact same ones my teacher gave me haha.

Original post by Kellyy :)
It was meant to say my teacher put together! Cheeky buggers giving us all the same one hahaha, I have a different one I out together but it won't be as much use probably, it's more to do with application...if that's any help?

Original post by J_W-x
you put that together? my teacher gave my whole class the exact same worksheet

Original post by nadster
I have this....or one very similar lol. I thought my teacher produced it herself.... knew it was too good to be true

i've got the same one too lol

tutor2u made it, there was a license fee you had to pay to purchase it. your schools lucky to have paid for you we all had to contribute to it :rolleyes:
Reply 624
Original post by jakethecake2008
I have a feeling it will be a hard paper, seeming as January's paper was fricking easy looking at it. I don't think there will be a question on managing change/leadership as that is linked so heavily to culture. Its probable that something based on strategy may come up :smile:

January's paper was hard, what are you talking about? lol
Original post by Infamous12
Does anyone know any big corporates that failed during the recession and why?

WOOLWORTHS. Poor management, chose the wrong strategy, could draw upon Porter's Generic Strategies as well.
Reply 626
WOOLWORTHS. Poor management, chose the wrong strategy, could draw upon Porter's Generic Strategies as well.

Awesome example

Oh how i miss woolworths... The pick n mix was one of a kind. Thanks for the help!
Reply 628
Does anyone know any big corporates that failed during the recession and why?

Plennty.... this link is amazing for this part http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13977255
Reply 629
Oh how i miss woolworths... The pick n mix was one of a kind. Thanks for the help!

This made me smile haha... :biggrin: Their pick n mix was truly amazing
Reply 630
Original post by kc95

Primark, focused on market penetration.
Original post by rubix1
You are a bloody genius :redface: Sit the exam for me? :P
Ive done Apple, Nokia, Amazon, Zappos (a bit), Barclays, Ikea, M&S (CSR), Tesco (Retrenchment) and Primark (I work there! :P)

ahhhh no, i only really have researched mainly section A, so for section B im kind of screwed :s-smilie::s-smilie:, and i still need to learn so much stuff ahh, hate this exam :frown:.

Aw thats cool :smile: all the good ones! yay for primark! :biggrin:
Original post by iggyDash
Plennty.... this link is amazing for this part http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13977255

cheers!

Original post by nadster
This made me smile haha... :biggrin: Their pick n mix was truly amazing

Lol the examiner should be able to relate to the pick n mix hype and award extra application marks!! :tongue:
Reply 633
Original post by kc95

other factors could determine success such as industry (innovative culture in banking industry wouldn't be appropriate)
Reply 634

Lol the examiner should be able to relate to the pick n mix hype and award extra application marks!! :tongue:

Hahaha IMAGINE :rolleyes:
Reply 635
Have you guys heard about Sports Direct's profit sharing scheme?
Reply 637
In answers which score highly, they will always compare/contrast 2 companies in one point and they will usually get good application for it.

I got 35/40 on my practice paper with using only 5 companies: southwest airlines, nokia, barclays, enron and john lewis
can anyone help me... I can't really think of a valid reason why employee and management reward structure is an important influence on culture?
My example is John Lewis which is an obvious one. But don't know how to get the analysis marks:frown:
What is everyone doing in the last day or so before the exam? And does the answer have to be BALANCED? I'm confused!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending