Scroll to see replies

Original post by Knowing
I only got 2 ticks:

Particle = reflection
Wave = diffraction

What was your extra tick?

Original post by joeyy
i put a tick for waves and reflection

I put a tick for both waves and particles for reflection and just waves for diffraction
Reply 721
message me if you wanna ****
Reply 722
I know this is nothing to do with this thread but checking the grade boundaries for jan2013 p123 and it says for an A you need raw mark of your 37/75 which is 49% however at UMS it says you need 112/140 which is 80%. Im confused? ???? What percentage do u need for an A in p123? And what do u guys think we will need overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 723
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I put a tick for both waves and particles for reflection and just waves for diffraction

yeah same so 3 ticks in total 2 for wave one for partical
Reply 724
Original post by Notirem
I know this is nothing to do with this thread but checking the grade boundaries for jan2013 p123 and it says for an A you need raw mark of your 37/75 which is 49% however at UMS it says you need 112/140 which is 80%. Im confused? ???? What percentage do u need for an A in p123? And what do u guys think we will need overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That just means 37/75 converts to 112/140 UMS. UMS is the final mark that determines your grade, the raw mark determines your UMS.
Reply 725
Original post by joeyy

Ok well I got that one wrong then
Original post by Knowing
Ok well I got that one wrong then

Same, I got a few it seems...

Oh well still 60+ I think
Reply 727
Original post by Knowing
Did you accidentally miss out a page? :wink: I kid :lol: but yeah, Physics has been one of the toughest on time this year - you must've finished earlier on Bio and Chem?

No with Bio and Chem I was finishing the last question on the last few minutes :tongue: I think it was because this exam had a lot of calculations that generally take less time than writing questions if you know how to do them
Reply 728
Original post by BP_Tranquility

Original post by joeyy

I did that too :biggrin: I remember reading it in the revision guide
Original post by Knowing
I hope the grade boundaries are much lower for this exam - I swear it was much harder than the Bio and Chem ones?! Almost everyone that came out of the exam in my school found it difficult (first exam this has happened)

Okay this is the only post that has given me some inkling of hope D: That was a bloody nightmare of an exam, I nearly had a panic attack :eek:
Reply 730
So what did I get literally get, 76% of the answers correct OR 39% of the answets correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the tracer question, did anyone write about how it's being used to detect leaks? And I got really stumped on the first question, about ultrasound? I wrote about how the rarefaction is between the compression areas in a wave :s-smilie:
Original post by Adikurdyla
For the voltage/ current curved graph was the item in the box a filament bulb? Also what was the crossword? Helium, neutrons and rods?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a diode :smile: Lamps are an S shape not an _/ shape

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joeyy

revision guide says reflection is only partical theory though
Reply 734
Original post by NatashaG

But waves reflect too, so it also explain wave theory
Original post by andersson

So what was the answer?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 736
Original post by andersson

What was the exact question asking for?
Reply 737
Original post by Knowing
That just means 37/75 converts to 112/140 UMS. UMS is the final mark that determines your grade, the raw mark determines your UMS.

So did I get 49% of the marks in the exam or 76%??????
Original post by NatashaG

Well, put it this way- when you look at an object, light (which is an EM wave) reflects off it and enters your eyes. A red object absorbs all the colours in white light but reflects only red light. However, particles can also reflect because when ultrasound is used to scan the body, the sound wave (which are made up of particles) reflects off the different tissues and is detected by the probe... :wink:
Reply 739
Original post by benwalters1996
So what was the answer?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few others and I put 2 ticks for reflection and 1 tick in the wave theory section for interference

Original post by Knowing
What was the exact question asking for?

Ticking which phenomena proved which theories (wave/particle)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending