The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't give up hope till results- and look ahead to tomorrow. Easier said than done, especially when I know I've ballsed up a subject
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Biology unit 5 grade boundaries don't shift much I don't think.

Also, there were less data response questions which although time consuming are generally considered to be pretty easy marks, no easy 5 marker core practical question either.

Yeah that paper was very knowledge based and applied stuff, I thought. I was just glad that nothing was tooo hard on the synoptic article!
losing hope by the minute. you?
Going over some of the CGP book and just strengthening some areas, whilst looking at past papers. Better late than never I suppose :colondollar:

Also I'm going to be the only one in my school doing this paper. I'm a resit candidate and everyone else will be doing OCR A
Yeah they conveniently decided that we were the last year who had to endure the wrath of salters
Reply 225
Abstract question here, How are we meant to know the colours of Ligand complexes? Is there a way to work them out? I've seen a few crop up like [Fe(OH)6] in the exam papers, and I've never even seen them in the texbook.
Reply 226
Original post by Another
Abstract question here, How are we meant to know the colours of Ligand complexes? Is there a way to work them out? I've seen a few crop up like [Fe(OH)6] in the exam papers, and I've never even seen them in the texbook.

Look in Page 33 of the salters a2 revision guide.

Fe2+ + 2OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 green gelatinous solid
Fe3+ + 3OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 orange gelatinous solid
Cu2+ + 2OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 pale blue solid
Reply 227
Original post by vsmahal
Look in Page 33 of the salters a2 revision guide.

Fe2+ + 2OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 green gelatinous solid
Fe3+ + 3OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 orange gelatinous solid
Cu2+ + 2OH- ======> Fe(OH)2 pale blue solid

But those are precipitates, not the ligand complexes. (Plus I don't have a revision guide!)

I meant how do you work out that [Fe(H2O)6] is yellow, and that [Cu(H2O)6] is blue?
Reply 228
Original post by Another
But those are precipitates, not the ligand complexes. (Plus I don't have a revision guide!)

I meant how do you work out that [Fe(H2O)6] is yellow, and that [Cu(H2O)6] is blue?

Sorry, misread the question. Look at page 262 in chemical ideas as it has a table of all the transition metal colors
Reply 229
Lol sorry switched off the laptop haha ^^"
Yeah I went to sleep at 4.30-5.00 ish and still don't feel like I revised enough :frown:
Panicking aaaah! On my way to college now :frown:
Reply 230
it was a good paper! at least way better than Jan 13 :smile:
Reply 231
Apart from the drawings and the second part of the isomer question, it was good. Defo better than January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
with the isomer questions was there a double bond in the question? because im pretty sure there wasn't and was having difficulty with that question but others said there was a double bond so im really confused :s-smilie:
Did we all get the amino acid was an acid in aq solution ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by Futuristicmedic
Did we all get the amino acid was an acid in aq solution ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wasn't sure so i put neutral, why would it be acidic?
Original post by manpyy

I just thought that in solution H+ will be donated from the -COOH and not all the nh2 will be pronated , so some will still be in solution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Reply 237
yeah the zwitterion question
Reply 238
Original post by manpyy

I guessed and put neutral too :tongue:

What did people get for the 6 mark calculation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1.70 /69 for the calculation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending