The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by kattowell
were there questions on the back of the paper?

Nope :smile: After Q 28 (which was the last of the Research Method questions), it said 'end of questions'. So, no worries on that front! :tongue:
Reply 661
Original post by Meldon94
Nope :smile: After Q 28 (which was the last of the Research Method questions), it said 'end of questions'. So, no worries on that front! :tongue:

oh phew thanks!! i noticed someone wrote a comment about validity and two tailed q problems... i dont remember these haha
so the question on replication was the last? :smile:
Reply 662
Can someone write down what the research methods questions were please? Not specific or anything just what area the question was in general, doesn't have to be all of them either. Seem to have forgotten most other than 3 of them. Would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 663
Original post by kattowell
oh phew thanks!! i noticed someone wrote a comment about validity and two tailed q problems... i dont remember these haha
so the question on replication was the last? :smile:

I think that may have been from psychology B as I know some people who did that paper instead of A and they were talking about a type of validity question, two tailed questions and a correlation statistical test & the replication question was the last one :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 664
Original post by ash9002
Can someone write down what the research methods questions were please? Not specific or anything just what area the question was in general, doesn't have to be all of them either. Seem to have forgotten most other than 3 of them. Would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks!

Content analysis definition(2)
How would you use content analysis(3/4)
Reliability one(2/3)
Extraneous variable(2/3)
External validity(2/3)
Ethics(4)
List of standardised instructions(5)
Statistical test(3)
Type 1 error(3)
Replication (4)
That's all the ones I can remember, not sure if the marks for them are completely right! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
Original post by hlm76
Content analysis definition(2)
How would you use content analysis(3/4)
Reliability one(2/3)
Extraneous variable(2/3)
External validity(2/3)
Ethics(4)
List of standardised instructions(5)
Statistical test(3)
Type 1 error(3)
Replication (4)
That's all the ones I can remember, not sure if the marks for them are completely right! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: x
Reply 666
Original post by bethanyfish
Seriously? Wow. I know it was so lucky not having any long questions! Felt pretty happy! My other topic was schizophrenia - was a good question (bio approach) :smile: Fingers crossed for results! Have you finished your exams now?

Yep fingers crossed, unfortunately no :frown: I have Chemistry tomorrow but thats it!! I can't wait.... its going to be weird having no exams to prepare for, Revising has become like the automatic thing I do when I wake up Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 667
Original post by Knysna3
I doubt experienced police drivers will need protection from psychological harm if they witnessed hazards as they probably see them all the time as part of their job!

I didn't say they would but it's the only one I could apply to the situation given, calm down :')
what was the answer to the type1 error question in research methods? the question was something like explain why the researchers did not think they made a type 1 error? :confused:
Reply 669
Original post by RosePetals.
what was the answer to the type1 error question in research methods? the question was something like explain why the researchers did not think they made a type 1 error? :confused:

Because the level of significance was 0.01 meaning that there was a 99% chance that they hadn't made an error and was right in what they said - I think! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ren_9
Yep fingers crossed, unfortunately no :frown: I have Chemistry tomorrow but thats it!! I can't wait.... its going to be weird having no exams to prepare for, Revising has become like the automatic thing I do when I wake up Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :smile:
What does everyone think the estimated the a/a* boundary will be like for psya4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 672
Guys who ever did the questions on addiction the first question was a scenario about a dude called sam did we have to talk about the risk factors or approaches ???im totally confused
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by khazara
Guys who ever did the questions on addiction the first question was a scenario about a dude called sam did we have to talk about the risk factors or approaches ???im totally confused

Everyone was haha, but you could have used both as it said using your knowledge of psychology and addiction etc etc. However if you used just risk factors, you wouldn't have had enough to write about, or if you just used the models. I. E the only two risk factors they blatantly showed (and I wrote about) were personality I. E extraversion, and peers. With peers I also brought in the learning explanation, and operant conditioning. I also tried bringing in cue reactivity theory at the end but that was a far stretch - the case study never stayed he passed the shop every day aha. Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 674
Original post by khazara

I only talked about approaches as I assumed theory of planned behaviour was one of the three they usually asked on I.e media risk factors of tpb - I said how he may be biologically less aroused than other people - pituitary adrenal system and Bordem avoidance then cognitive approaches about conditioned cues etc then intermittent reinforcement and peers for learning - I wasn't sure whether to include risk factors as it specified his addiction to gambling and risk factors is more general addiction but I think you'd get the marks for both! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 675
Original post by Nathaniell
Everyone was haha, but you could have used both as it said using your knowledge of psychology and addiction etc etc. However if you used just risk factors, you wouldn't have had enough to write about, or if you just used the models. I. E the only two risk factors they blatantly showed (and I wrote about) were personality I. E extraversion, and peers. With peers I also brought in the learning explanation, and operant conditioning. I also tried bringing in cue reactivity theory at the end but that was a far stretch - the case study never stayed he passed the shop every day aha. Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I was so confused I talked about stress as a risk factor coz it said something about Sam going to work ,talked about personality and peers also only talked about becks vicious circle and also how he had a positive expectancy of gambling and backed it up with research ,but I talked about risk factors more ! Oh LORD
Reply 676
Original post by hlm76
I only talked about approaches as I assumed theory of planned behaviour was one of the three they usually asked on I.e media risk factors of tpb - I said how he may be biologically less aroused than other people - pituitary adrenal system and Bordem avoidance then cognitive approaches about conditioned cues etc then intermittent reinforcement and peers for learning - I wasn't sure whether to include risk factors as it specified his addiction to gambling and risk factors is more general addiction but I think you'd get the marks for both! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will do well ! Hope the mark scheme is very broad and open ! But I think overall we was blessed with a alright paper
Original post by khazara
Haha I was so confused I talked about stress as a risk factor coz it said something about Sam going to work ,talked about personality and peers also only talked about becks vicious circle and also how he had a positive expectancy of gambling and backed it up with research ,but I talked about risk factors more ! Oh LORD

Don't worry, I'm sure you done brilliant!, it doesn't really matter what you done more of, as long as you wrote enough and answered the question:smile:

Don't you think it was so awkward adding the studies though? Cos you couldn't really go into that much detail, so for me it was more like name dropping and what they found/concluded.. I was literally cringing at the end of every paragraph because it felt so weird not fully evaluating lool
Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year's boundaries were 60 for an a* and 54 for an A peps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 679
Original post by khazara
I'm sure you will do well ! Hope the mark scheme is very broad and open ! But I think overall we was blessed with a alright paper

I'm sure you will too! Yeah I hope so I reckon it will be cause the questions were so broad that the mark scheme has to be surely?! So happy there was no big question in research methods, I was expecting the paper to be horrible so was pretty happy overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending