The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ameeker
I'm from the states and I'm wanting to do a full degree program at Regents University. Does anyone have any info on the college, and life in london england?

I do not know much about the university, but I know that London is cool. It can be expensive to live and study, but I heard that the experience is something that you shall cherish for a life time.

I think that Regents is part of the University of London, which is a federal university. You would be interacting with people from London School of Economics (LSE), Queen Mary University (QMUL), Imperial College (IC), University College London (UCL), School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) etc The University of London has a central students' union where many students from the various sub-colleges meet and interact, so you are guaranteed to meet new people and make friends.

Living in London, you would get the opportunity to interact with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds and many students from other cities like Surrey, Cambridge, Oxford, Reading, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Kingston and so on, come to London.

I have to state that you are indeed lucky to be studying at Regents and in London! I urge you to take advantage of your opportunity.

As long as you are proactive in the city by balancing your social life and studies, then you would get the best of both worlds.

Good luck with everything. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MEXING
I do not know much about the university, but I know that London is cool. It can be expensive to live and study, but I heard that the experience is something that you shall cherish for a life time.

I think that Regents is part of the University of London, which is a federal university. You would be interacting with people from London School of Economics (LSE), Queen Mary University (QMUL), Imperial College (IC), University College London (UCL), School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) etc The University of London has a central students' union where many students from the various sub-colleges meet and interact, so you are guaranteed to meet new people and make friends.

Living in London, you would get the opportunity to interact with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds and many students from other cities like Surrey, Cambridge, Oxford, Reading, Southampton, Royal Holloway, Kingston and so on, come to London.

I have to state that you are indeed lucky to be studying at Regents and in London! I urge you to take advantage of your opportunity.

As long as you are proactive in the city by balancing your social life and studies, then you would get the best of both worlds.

Good luck with everything. :smile:

It's not in the University of London :nah:

In fact it only gained university status earlier this year. I didn't know anyone who went there, but I know it's mostly very popular with international students. Oh, and its location is amazing :coma:
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
It's not in the University of London :nah:

In fact it only gained university status earlier this year. I didn't know anyone who went there, but I know it's mostly very popular with international students. Oh, and its location is amazing :coma:

My bad. I thought that it was part of UoL. :smile:
Hello all,

Glad to hear you're interested in studying at Regent's.
To clarify, Regent's University London is not part of the University of London.
It's correct that we just gained University title this year, which is a testament to the quality of teaching and student experience we offer.

We are an independent not-for-profit University. This means that profits are invested back into the facilities for the benefit of our students.

We offer a personalised experience for students; we have a high number of contact hours, and small tutorial sizes, and a personalised career service, including assistance with arranging internships. With around 4,500 students, it is small enough to know your classmates and lecturers, and yet big enough that you get the opportunity to interact with a wide range of different students.

Internationalism is very important at Regent's and forms an integral part of our programmes, with many having fantastic study abroad opportunities. Language learning is also key; for some students this is a mandatory part of the programme, while for others it is an option.

As mentioned above, we definitely have a fantastic location - our main campus is within Regent's Park, a beautiful Royal Park right in the heart of London. We also have another campus for our Fashion & Design programmes, which is a short walk away in trendy Marylebone.

I hope this helps to provide a little more background.

Please let me know if you have any other questions - it would be useful to know which programme you're interested in.

Hannah
Reply 5
Thank you Hannah. I was recieved an offer letter from Regents University for the BA management- International Business Program.
Original post by ameeker
Thank you Hannah. I was recieved an offer letter from Regents University for the BA management- International Business Program.

Great to hear, and congratulations!
Please let me know if you have other queries.

Look forward to seeing you on campus.
Hannah
Reply 7
Good Morning Hannah,

I had a few questions. I'm not sure If you would be able to answer any of these or not. I saw on the federal aid site about International schools where we could use for funding, but I didn't see Regents University on the list? Is the school not federally funded? I was also wandering If the school has opportunites to travel around europe? Is there any american contacts that talk to International students?
Original post by ameeker
Good Morning Hannah,

I had a few questions. I'm not sure If you would be able to answer any of these or not. I saw on the federal aid site about International schools where we could use for funding, but I didn't see Regents University on the list? Is the school not federally funded? I was also wandering If the school has opportunites to travel around europe? Is there any american contacts that talk to International students?

Hi there,

Thanks for your questions.
Yes, US Financial Aid is available for eligible students studying one of our American degree programmes. This includes the BA Management (with Emphasis in International Business) which you will be studying. These American degree programmes are awarded by our partner university, Webster University, St. Louis, USA, therefore making these programme eligible for US Financial Aid.
Information about how to apply for Aid can be found on our website, currently this is available here: http://www.bacl.ac.uk/courses/financial_information/sponsorship__loans.aspx

In terms of your second question, I presume you mean opportunities for students to study abroad in Europe? This is certainly a possibility. As a student at Regent's American College London, students can study abroad at one or more Webster University campuses; in Europe, this includes Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.

Regarding your final question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Please clarify and I'll try to answer as best I can.
Hannah
Reply 9
I'm currently from california in the states and so I can't get ahold of anyone from the university so I wasn't sure if you had anybody from the university that talks to International students?
Reply 10
Original post by ameeker
I'm currently from california in the states and so I can't get ahold of anyone from the university so I wasn't sure if you had anybody from the university that talks to International students?

Hi there,

If you'd like to contact me directly, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about studying at Regent's.

I am from the US originally and completed my degree at Regent's American College London. I double majored in International Relations and Management, so I should be able to answer any questions you may have about the programme and student life in London.

If you want to email me any questions you have, I can reply there, or we can arrange a convenient time I can call you: [Removed - please use PMs or post here directly]

Best,
Robyn
Hello!
I got an offer from Regents University a few months ago, along with a scholarship, for the Screenwriting and Producing course. The offer is CC, and my grades at As were ABCCC. Only three of the subjects can be taken as full A levels, so I was wondering, if my grades turn out to be ADD, could I still be offered my spot on the course?
Thank you.
We look at each application on an individual basis so if you don't get the grades you were aiming for give your Admissions Officer a call to discuss 020 7487 7505
Reply 13
Off to study Psychology this year at Regents! Anyone here joining me?
Original post by sura95
Off to study Psychology this year at Regents! Anyone here joining me?

Hi there sura95, congratulations, that's great to hear.
You might like to check out the facebook group for students starting at Regent's in 2013, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rc.classs2013/

Look forward to seeing you on campus,
Reply 15
Dear All,

I have a BSc in Psychology and I am looking for postgraduate opportunities in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy. I can see there is a whole department at Regent's University, but I can find no table leagues including Regent's University in postgraduate studies. I understand that only recently it became a University, however, I would wish to know how good it is in comparison to other Universities that provide same or similar training.

I would appreciate your response and I will be looking forward to the Open day in December.

Kindest Regards,

Hyacinthos
Reply 16
Hi Robyn,

I may be coming to Regent's on January to complete my Masters in Finance, so, I am interested to know a little bit more about social life in general, or what is like the first days there? Do they organize gatherings and stuff? How would you describe your experience in general?
Hope you shareee :tongue: thanks
Reply 17
Original post by Jojona
Hi Robyn,

I may be coming to Regent's on January to complete my Masters in Finance, so, I am interested to know a little bit more about social life in general, or what is like the first days there? Do they organize gatherings and stuff? How would you describe your experience in general?
Hope you shareee :tongue: thanks

Hi Jojona,

When you first arrive you have your registration/orientation day where you finalise your enrolment and get to meet the other students starting their courses in January. You have introductions from various staff members as well and usually an informal welcome lunch.

There are a number of events organised throughout the year by the Student Union and various student clubs. Usually there are welcome parties organised, either at the student bar, in one of the event rooms or at another venue in London. Student Services also organises a number of trips and theatre excursions.

The class sizes are small, so you get to know your classmates quite well, and as you're in London there are always places you can all go and things to do. Students living on campus are often organising things to go out and do together as well.

If you visit the facebook page, you can connect with other students starting the course in January, and you'll find details about upcoming events organised by various groups at Regent's.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I met people from around the world and made some amazing friends. The student union and student club activity has really grown over the past couple of years too, so I think there will be more and more to do both on and off campus.

If you have other questions, please let me know :smile:

Best,
Robyn
Reply 18
Hello Hannah :smile:

I am an undergraduate and I'm thinking of applying for the course of International Business at Regents University but I'm not sure how hard it will be to get in. I studied in Portugal and I don't know how my grades match the University's entry requirements. I am also currently studying at the Lisbon University so maybe that could help... I would also like to know what the foundation year is all about, or if it is just part of the 3 year course. Can you help me in anyway?
thank you :redface:
Reply 19
Hello Hannah

I am an undergraduate and I'm thinking of applying for the course of International Business at Regents University but I'm not sure how hard it will be to get in. I studied in Portugal and I don't know how my grades match the University's entry requirements. I am also currently studying at the Lisbon University so maybe that could help... I would also like to know what the foundation year is all about, or if it is just part of the 3 year course. Can you help me in anyway?
thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending