The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
What was the type of isomerism where we had to draw a stereoisomer??
Reply 3401
Re: the mark scheme, all marks are there, but 9 of those need answers/confirmation of answers. But it's close, so thanks to everyone who helped! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zaphod77
I'm hoping so! But I don't know, it wasn't a difficult paper...

Tbh, aside from making stupid mistakes, there was nothing that separated the A* students from the A students hence I think that they will probably have the A* grade boundary at 57 but put the A boundary at about 48/49 ish....

Btw, how did everyone draw that optical isomer? lol
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah it was rather easy, just grateful I got my A at least :smile:

Yeah, my main concern is silly mistakes, as per usual! According to that unofficial mark scheme I've lost 7-8 marks, I really hope that's 75 or more UMS, but I'm not sure because of January's ridiculous mark scheme :s-smilie: Fingers crossed though!
Original post by LegendX
Tbh, aside from making stupid mistakes, there was nothing that separated the A* students from the A students hence I think that they will probably have the A* grade boundary at 57 but put the A boundary at about 48/49 ish....

Btw, how did everyone draw that optical isomer? lol

I doubt they would make the gap that big between A and A* when the gap between A* and full would be so small, if A is 48 then A* would be 54ish, that's my thoughts!
Original post by Zaphod77
Yeah, my main concern is silly mistakes, as per usual! According to that unofficial mark scheme I've lost 7-8 marks, I really hope that's 75 or more UMS, but I'm not sure because of January's ridiculous mark scheme :s-smilie: Fingers crossed though!

The very first question, did you have to draw the whole of the displayed formula for it to get the mark? As reading the unofficial markscheme it states that one of them had a double bond present? Not too sure if there was? Arggghh cant remember
Reply 3406
Original post by LegendX
The very first question, did you have to draw the whole of the displayed formula for it to get the mark? As reading the unofficial markscheme it states that one of them had a double bond present? Not too sure if there was? Arggghh cant remember

There was a double bond present, because it linked into a later question of reasoning behind increased chances of CHD

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LegendX

Paranoia always steps in at about this time! For the first question, it didn't specify displayed, so I think you'd be allowed to simplify some parts (e.g. -OH instead of -O-H). I think one of them did have a double bond, that was shown in the question? But I'm not sure, I might be getting confused with a later question :tongue: Sorry!
Original post by ZakRob
There was a double bond present, because it linked into a later question of reasoning behind increased chances of CHD

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right, now I remember, in total there was 2 structures right? 1 was different but 2 were the same? Both produced salts?
Reply 3409
grade boundaries i think i was a bit harder than jan so 53/52 for an A*
Reply 3410
Original post by Zzzyax
grade boundaries i think i was a bit harder than jan so 53/52 for an A*

Agreed. Definitely harder than January 2013. 48 - A, 52 - A*. Around there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyways, I think I'm looking at around 53/54 marks, quite disappointed as it wont bite into the A* and my F325 seemed to be a mid A too so I guess I can kiss the A* good bye QQ
I put nucleophillic addition for the reduction one
is that wrong?:/
i say 48 for an A , 43 for a B and so on
Original post by Mus1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

agreed
Reply 3415
Original post by Mus1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

But im hoping and praying to god that they are lower

because i got the final structure a little wrong and didnt relise it was alkaline hydrolysis
Reply 3416
Original post by keepontrying
i say 48 for an A , 43 for a B and so on

How reliable are TSR predictions?
Reply 3417
Original post by Zzzyax
But im hoping and praying to god that they are lower

because i got the final structure a little wrong and didnt relise it was alkaline hydrolysis

what alkaline hydrolysis :s-smilie: :confused:
Original post by Varsh05

We're the best out there! :colonhash:
We can't predict the boundaries for certain as they're due to how people perform.
I reckon, however, that there was lots of places people could have lost silly marks so I will personally say.

A* - 53
A - 48
B - 43
C - 38
D - 33
E - 28
Original post by Varsh05
are you asking or being sarcastic?

Latest

Trending

Trending