The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CubePL
I got Cadbury's management of salmonella threat in 2006 as successful contingency planning and BP oil spillage in Gulf of Mexico as failed contingency planning. Extra, I have the 'millenium bug' costly hoax which incurred thousands of pounds for unnecessary planning.

why was cadburys ting good? i can't find anything on it
Original post by CubePL
Do you guys have any examples of companies which used GOOD contingency planning and avoided losses?

Use Tesco and their retrenchment from the US. Phillip Clarke and his controlled communication was part of the contingency plan in order to not panic shareholders about the obvious losses made by the disastrous US move
Reply 962
Does anyone have any notes on problems of changing organisational culture and examples :s-smilie:
Anybody any decent lines of argument on Globalisation strategies in relation to TESCO/Starbucks/Coca-Cola?
Original post by HezzaGreen
How do the boundaries work?
Unit 1: B
Unit 2: B
Unit 3: A (84UMS)

Apparently I can still get an A*?

You Need and A overall at AS level (80%) and then 90% overall at A2 level to get an A*
Original post by snowster
It's a minor success, but it's an improvement on where they were. I'd still say you could argue Nokia's retrenchment as a success.

their improvement was in the smartphone market where they had and have a small share
Original post by CubePL
Don't assume that it's unsuccessful - it might take a long time for any Nokia's implemented change to start working. Don't assume that the change will happen overnight! :biggrin:

haha I know I'm not saying that, but you can't say it's been a success either yet!

Yep you need 96% I think :smile:
Reply 968
Does anyone know how many UMS marks are needed for a grade B? I think I'm currently on 202 but have retaken unit 3 so hopefully have picked up some more there!
Reply 969

You can't. To get an A* you need 320UMS or above overall with 90UMS on both A2 units. Sorry to destroy your dreams! :biggrin:
Reply 970
Can someone please give me some examples of businesses that are trying to change their organisational culture other than Barclays and Royal Mail? :smile:
Reply 971
Original post by andyjack94
haha I know I'm not saying that, but you can't say it's been a success either yet!

Maybe not yet! :biggrin:
their improvement was in the smartphone market where they had and have a small share

I guess it depends on how successful something needs to be to be considered as a 'success'... Personally I would say that any action which results in an improvement is a success.
Reply 973
could anyone give me an example of a weak culture?? not a bad one (unsuccessful, wasteful etc) but a WEAK one.... thanks

xx
Reply 974
why was cadburys ting good? i can't find anything on it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5112470.stm

They withdrew choc. bars with suspicion of salmonella. You could say that they avoided a big health-related scandal, which could've incurred them millions of losses.
Original post by snowster
I guess it depends on how successful something needs to be to be considered as a 'success'... Personally I would say that any action which results in an improvement is a success.

yeah but it still wasn't profitable... I dunno, I reckon you could write it either way and them understand
Reply 976
Hi :biggrin: I was looking into CSR and I've got something about Lush, Waitrose. But I need more (negative and positive) !
Is CSR including environment too?
Because I found this thing about Ikea wanting to become more sustainable eg. goal by 2020 to generate 100% of store power with renewable sources (eg.solar panels)
Original post by CubePL
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5112470.stm

They withdrew choc. bars with suspicion of salmonella. You could say that they avoided a big health-related scandal, which could've incurred them millions of losses.

Cheers lad! what other examples you got for contingency planning?
Original post by Moj
Hi :biggrin: I was looking into CSR and I've got something about Lush, Waitrose. But I need more (negative and positive) !
Is CSR including environment too?
Because I found this thing about Ikea wanting to become more sustainable eg. goal by 2020 to generate 100% of store power with renewable sources (eg.solar panels)

definitely!
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any blockages in the exam marking.

For example in some of my other exams you couldn't get higher than a certain amount of marks If you didn't relate it to the case.

Is there anything similar to that in this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending