The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
anyone got good globalisation examples ? i have just crappy ones

Bangladesh was 0.6% growth rate before 1990 and with under-five mortality rate of 149, however between 1990-2006 the growth rate grew to 2.9% and the mortality rate improved to 73 (halved). Not nearly a wealthy country, especially due to recent (2006?) which encompassed 60% of the country, however global economics is making an improvement here.

Nigeria’s economy in the years leading up to 1990 shrank 1.4% annually on average with a child mortality rate of 230. Since then growth has been no higher than 0.7% despite being oil rich. Over the past 15 years £50bn has left the country in oil, however Nigeria has seen little of it, this could be due to corruption or due to the multinationals like BP and Shell. Nigeria has seen little benefit of globalisation.

Increased tax on petrol doesn’t affect Shell much as it is price inelastic, so costs are passed on to customers and government makes a lot in tax, which can lead to greater government spending which in turn can lead to greater customer spending.
Original post by lidiya
Hey! Can you just go though of what Zappos can be used for as I know they had a quite relaxing culture and they gave 1000 dollars if their employees are not committed to work i.e oif they leave..

In Section A, if a question comes up on:
-Core values
-Long-term strategy
-Vision
-Empowerment
or anything along those lines, you can mention Zappos. plus Hsieh is a great leader
So, are we all feeling prepared now? I just want this out of the way :frown:
Reply 1123
Original post by nadster
-Core values
-Long-term strategy
-Vision
-Empowerment
or anything along those lines, you can mention Zappos. plus Hsieh is a great leader

SO they had a democratic leadership, and they have emploweredtheir employees--was that when Link Exhange took over?
Original post by snowster
So, are we all feeling prepared now? I just want this out of the way :frown:

Prepared? **** no.
Original post by jayward_2013
You need 180 UMS at A2 level and 320 overall.... (well 180 UMS at A2 and 80% overall anyways...)

:biggrin:

I know what is your point? The poster had a B at AS, therefore if they got 180 UMS at A2, they would get an A*. The fact that my post has been negged says a lot about business studies students.
Reply 1126
Original post by nadster
-Core values
-Long-term strategy
-Vision
-Empowerment

woah woah woah....hold up ..whats this zappos thing your talking about
Original post by arnoob
Prepared? **** no.

:lol:
Original post by iggyDash
As you may have noticed you answear the question using examples which could of have been costly in the real exam..
so instead of jumping straight into the question state your point explain it with theory annnnd thennnn use the examples.. hope that helps

What do you think of this one? This is one of the first culture ones I did-1.jpg
-2.jpg-3.jpg
Original post by Astarplease01
Word of advice ALWAYS refer back to the question that way if you have written alot of bs it will seem good and legit. Got me a very high B with no revision apart from a brief chat with my teacher before the exam.

did you do the exam in january?
For Part A: Ford, Google, Vogue, Royal Mail, Southwest Airlines
For Part B: TNT Postage, Pets.com, Kelloggs, BP, Sony, Panasonic, Nokia, Blockbuster, Segway, Apple, Poundland, Starbucks Tesco (all relating to different aspects of the course lol)
Original post by When you see it...
I know what is your point? The poster had a B at AS, therefore if they got 180 UMS at A2, they would get an A*. The fact that my post has been negged says a lot about business studies students.

You need an A at AS level to be in contention of getting an A* at A2
Reply 1132
Original post by When you see it...

I got over 90% at AS and I (think) I did well in unit 3, say low A high B , so any idea what the lowest I coulod get on this paper is to get an A overall??
Original post by BARCEMO
woah woah woah....hold up ..whats this zappos thing your talking about

Zappos is my most beautiful case study for section A. Actually love it so much
Original post by iAhmedd
Are you being for real? So you didn't have any examples of businesses or anything? :O

100% truthful i shouldnt have done the exam in january but my teachers entered us anyway because they thought it would help us understand what we would need to do for the exam in june. I just talked to my teacher about a few big companies and just used my general knowledge and the technique i leanrnt from buss3 and chatted BS thru the whole exam.

Right before the exam i couldnt be bothered to do it because i thought i would blantly fail but my teacher forced me because if i didnt go i would have to pay a find apparently.

Worked out in the end. :biggrin::biggrin:

Think thats mad this is even more crazy,
I got my buss2 remarked from a 72/120ums all the way up to 117/120 ums.
Reply 1135
Original post by YoloPirate
For Part A: Ford, Google, Vogue, Royal Mail, Southwest Airlines
For Part B: TNT Postage, Pets.com, Kelloggs, BP, Sony, Panasonic, Nokia, Blockbuster, Segway, Apple, Poundland, Starbucks Tesco (all relating to different aspects of the course lol)

I know Nokia failed a lot due to the lack of focus and innovation. AnD SOny too are now aiming at the BRICs to improve their brand name..
But what can you say about Poundland? THanks
Original post by needtosucceed=)
did you do the exam in january?

Yeh
Reply 1137
Original post by nadster

Could you please send me your information on zappos.... all i have relating to that is google keeping its acquisitions' cultures the same e.g. zappos and youtube
Original post by lidiya
I know Nokia failed a lot due to the lack of focus and innovation. AnD SOny too are now aiming at the BRICs to improve their brand name..
But what can you say about Poundland? THanks

Poundland have a strategy of internal growth. They are opening hundreds of new stores
Reply 1139
Original post by nadster

IS it because they are so successful and Tony is allowing democratic leadership and like is layed back.. but still employees perform very well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending