The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Focused loads on pe so done no work for buss4 - oh well
Original post by iggyDash
Yeah it is tough. its the points like why is it an successfull intangable assets.

Then theres other intangable assets like patents , trademarks and what not/

Oh and brand... I think brand would be my main point against
Why it is though...hmm...you could say culture is a source of competitive advantage that can be maintained even in the long term, whilst patents and trademarks don't last forever
Original post by dulwin
Anyone else doing an all nighter? Or even trying to stay up as long as possible?
I really want to smash this exam as it is my last one, tomorrow at 10:45am we will all be free guys! Yaaay :smile:

Im in that dillema this very moment. hmmm i dont know lol i want to smash this exam too

I may wake up super early though like 4/5am
how are people memorising figures?
Reply 1244
Its gone.gif
how are people memorising figures?

I have a beautiful green sheet that i've filled with facts & stats that ive literally been staring at all day haha
Original post by nadster
I have a beautiful green sheet that i've filled with facts & stats that ive literally been staring at all day haha

I may do that in the morning
Reply 1247
How about... do you agree that organisational culture is the most important intangible asset of a successful business?
ive got good examples but not many points??

Culture is important to the success of the business since it gives focus and direction for the whole company because employees are in line with the companies’ aims and objectives and know what is needed, less time is wasted on procedures and bureaucracy . There is little resistance from the employees since the decision-making is not slowed down, cost savings can be made which add to the revenue/ retained profit of the business. For example, Archie Norman states ‘Understand the DNA of the company and what, Culturally, Led it to be in a failed position. Behind all financial failure s is organisational failure’. Organisational culture is significant since it provides an advantage over competitors and attracts more customers leading to gains in profit. For example, for Zappos, the culture is their brand
Original post by andyjack94
Haven't thought about this just been revising lool.

How long is the exam?

How many questions to choose from in each section?

can anyone help? :confused:
I may do that in the morning

That sounds like a good idea... that way it'll be fresh in your mind right before the exam
Original post by andyjack94
can anyone help? :confused:

1hr 45
section a: must do one of 2 questions
b: must do one of 3 questions
anyone have a good link for zappos for culture
Reply 1252
Original post by nadster
1hr 45
section a: must do one of 2 questions
b: must do one of 3 questions

i've done a paragraph to the question but think i kinda drifted from it
What 2 arguments against for whether innovation determines a successful organisation

only point I can think of is that customer service is very important with the zappos example

cant think of a second point
Original post by BARCEMO
Culture is important to the success of the business since it gives focus and direction for the whole company because employees are in line with the companies’ aims and objectives and know what is needed, less time is wasted on procedures and bureaucracy . There is little resistance from the employees since the decision-making is not slowed down, cost savings can be made which add to the revenue/ retained profit of the business. For example, Archie Norman states ‘Understand the DNA of the company and what, Culturally, Led it to be in a failed position. Behind all financial failure s is organisational failure’. Organisational culture is significant since it provides an advantage over competitors and attracts more customers leading to gains in profit. For example, for Zappos, the culture is their brand

This is great stuff, but there isn't much focus on the trigger words in the question most important and successful
Reply 1255
Original post by nadster
This is great stuff, but there isn't much focus on the trigger words in the question most important and successful

i knew i forgot something.. i never use the words in the question..usually wait till the conclusion
Reply 1256
CZ3q6.jpg Me at exactly 10:45 tomorrow morning.
Original post by BARCEMO
i knew i forgot something.. i never use the words in the question..usually wait till the conclusion

Oh really? That's interesting. I think you could possibly pick up more marks if you refer to them throughout, not entirely sure though
Original post by Proflash
What 2 arguments against for whether innovation determines a successful organisation

only point I can think of is that customer service is very important with the zappos example

cant think of a second point

Leadership, culture, the product, the employees, even the industry, plenty to choose from :smile:
Original post by dulwin
Anyone else doing an all nighter? Or even trying to stay up as long as possible?
I really want to smash this exam as it is my last one, tomorrow at 10:45am we will all be free guys! Yaaay :smile:

All nighter for sure! Need to make sure I know everything as well as I can :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending