The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Just need some case studies for globalisation and i'm done.
I've got Starbucks/Tesco, anyone willing to share some detailed notes?
Original post by iggyDash
what type of culture would you describe zaposs's

In terms of Handy's classifications probably people culture, but i think it would be better to describe Zappos as having a family-like culture. I mean they refer to their employees as family members as opposed to workers, just like how John Lewis refers to its employees as partners
Reply 1342
Original post by YoloPirate

i got nothing, instead i need your help
Original post by YoloPirate

Dyson's relocation to Malaysia in 2002 may be one to look into
Original post by nadster
Other way around for me... what exam board did you do?

Edexcel! I'm not saying C4 was nice, but almost every question in C3 was tricky, it was the hardest paper I've ever done and I've done all the past papers and solomon papers lol

So do you also to Business, Maths and Economics?
Original post by nadster
In terms of Handy's classifications probably people culture, but i think it would be better to describe Zappos as having a family-like culture. I mean they refer to their employees as family members as opposed to workers, just like how John Lewis refers to its employees as partners

another one if you've done ikea, they refer to them as 'co-workers' :smile:
Reply 1346
How do you answer section A
Is it the culture topics weve made notes on and then insert business scenarios? :/
Reply 1347
can you use this as a csr thing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22977074
Original post by Liamp487
Edexcel! I'm not saying C4 was nice, but almost every question in C3 was tricky, it was the hardest paper I've ever done and I've done all the past papers and solomon papers lol

I do MEI... such an evil board. so very evil. hate it. we had to do coursework as part of C3 :mad:
and yep i do those subjects
Original post by needtosucceed=)
another one if you've done ikea, they refer to them as 'co-workers' :smile:

Oh yeah, you're right. thanks for that :smile:
Reply 1350
is recession worth revising?
Original post by nadster
the good thing about setting low expectations is that you can only do better than you thought :smile:

Haha you are so right my friend. I have low expectations so therefore low pressure on me but I doubt il be able to get any higher than a C/D. Ive done my research and revision but barely none if any exam practise :rolleyes:
Given the length of the exam, how long should our essays be? Serious question. I understand exam technique etc, but just wondering what's a good amount.
Don't get me started on c3! It was a nightmare! C4 wasn't too bad though

C3 was a complete nightmare my friend. Im hoping grade boundaries are low if it isn't then il miss out on my A :frown: C4 was a good paper except I made silly mistakes still hoping il get an A/B in it :smile:
Original post by iAhmedd
Haha you are so right my friend. I have low expectations so therefore low pressure on me but I doubt il be able to get any higher than a C/D. Ive done my research and revision but barely none if any exam practise :rolleyes:

You're being too harsh on yourself, as long as you've done your research and know your content, you're sorted mate:smile:
Original post by LukeKnights
Given the length of the exam, how long should our essays be? Serious question. I understand exam technique etc, but just wondering what's a good amount.

I know a friend who got the A* in January who told me he wrote around 3-4 sides per question, which is good because I can't possibly write anything more than that!
Original post by LukeKnights

3/4 pages hand written should be plenty

Omg I also do Maths Economics and Business :colone::cool:
Reply 1358
Are the Armed Force's businesses?
just realised that Zappos has a strong CSR loving it even more now..want to marry this beautiful company

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending