The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Goofiness haha :biggrin: ... "Southwest's unique culture, called "goofiness" by some individuals, keeps the morale of its employees high"
Original post by nadster
I hope you're right, it would be awesome if recession came up

CSR would just be the greatest question in the world . Emerging markets , globalisation and takeovers and mergers all would be ok !
Can someone please send me their research on Section B I'm really stressing out that I haven't got enough! Please
Original post by nadster
Goofiness haha :biggrin: ... "Southwest's unique culture, called "goofiness" by some individuals, keeps the morale of its employees high"

Haha yes ive seen that in one of Tutor2u Links and sorry about that didn't know you were a girl :redface: im a plum sometimes :rolleyes:
Original post by Oliver1234
CSR would just be the greatest question in the world . Emerging markets , globalisation and takeovers and mergers all would be ok !

CSR is decent... ethics puzzles me a little more even though the two are very similar, I do prefer CSR
Reply 1385
Original post by iAhmedd
Wow thanks a lot bro ive used zappos a lot for other topics. Along with Zappos, Sony, Nokia, Apple, Royal Mail and Google cover all aspects of Buss4 and of course STARBUCKS :L

Still not too sure how to answer it.
So if the question asks for something like reasons for change, how would you answer it?
Mention the causes like economy and then link a business?
Original post by iAhmedd
Haha yes ive seen that in one of Tutor2u Links and sorry about that didn't know you were a girl :redface: im a plum sometimes :rolleyes:

oh really? I'm reading through a document entitled Culture is the key at Southwest Airlines published by the company themselves, it's quite interesting.
and haha don't worry :biggrin:
Original post by nadster
oh really? I'm reading through a document entitled Culture is the key at Southwest Airlines published by the company themselves, it's quite interesting.

Haha :biggrin: yeah ive heard Zappos has a 50 page booklet on their culture or something :eek:
Reply 1388
Original post by iggyDash
decided not to pull an all nighter and wake up 4am instead

Jeeeez! Seems like others are in my position lol. I can probably blag the research question using what I already know about Barclays, RBS, Nokia, Dyson, Apple, but I haven't covered any of it in 3 weeks.

I haven't really looked at the other question but I'm assuming that's blagable too, just using business knowledge - I may be wrong lol, but at least I don't need many marks to get a B overall which will do.
Original post by iAhmedd
Haha :biggrin: yeah ive heard Zappos has a 50 page booklet on their culture or something :eek:

Wow wasn't aware of that... i love Zappos so much that I would actually consider reading that lol. BUSS4 has turned me into a freak
Reply 1390
HMM CSR is my weakest and I didn't really focus on it.

Can someone one define it or tell me the difference it has from ethics?
And also like 1 or 2 business examples would be great :smile:
Reply 1391
Can some explain the schein force field, my teacher never told us this?
Reply 1392
Original post by nadster

i was reading through that too
Original post by iAhmedd
Yupp im hoping for CSR to come up and Leadership for section B. Section A I hope a nice culture question comes up regarding business performance although that's already come up I think :rolleyes:

Im hoping leadership or CSR come up too. That would be amazing ! :cool:
Reply 1394
Original post by nadster
Wow wasn't aware of that... i love Zappos so much that I would actually consider reading that lol. BUSS4 has turned me into a freak

Zappos is an amazing business!
Their culture is great, and I think their culture is working very well as it is in centre with their employees :smile:
Herb Kelleher, the founder of Southwest Airlines, ''culture is what you do when you think nobody is looking'', ''the business of business is people''. Seeing as some of you are using Southwest Airlines, these are great quotes to enhance your application and analysis!
Original post by Waki
Still not too sure how to answer it.
So if the question asks for something like reasons for change, how would you answer it?
Mention the causes like economy and then link a business?

Yeah more or less. Just link it into a business that has become less competite over time such as Nokia or Kodak who have had a 'complacent' culture. Or businesses may have wanted to change due to low profitability or have been making losses such as Sony who have decided to chane their strategy to retrenchment and so therefore Kazou Hirai has made 10000 people redundant and sold a few core properties and businesses. Hope this helps!
Original post by When you see it...
I know what is your point? The poster had a B at AS, therefore if they got 180 UMS at A2, they would get an A*. The fact that my post has been negged says a lot about business studies students.

My point was just to clear up any confusion regarding how many UMS points to get an A* overall. I don't know what poster you are referring to btw but what i said is what i've been told.

I don't know what you mean by your post being 'negged' and that saying alot about business studies students... i can't see any relation to that and business studies students... if your not a business studies student and you have nothing to contribute, go and do something else.

:biggrin:
Original post by butterflyy
Im hoping leadership or CSR come up too. That would be amazing ! :cool:

Great minds think alike :colone: If they come up I shall scream in the exam hall
Original post by dulwin
HMM CSR is my weakest and I didn't really focus on it.

Can someone one define it or tell me the difference it has from ethics?
And also like 1 or 2 business examples would be great :smile:

Ethics refers to how moral a business' actions are. Nestle's involvement with the breast milk scandal would be seen as unethical for example.
CSR refers to how socially responsible the actions are. Very similar but there is a fine line. Firms tend to publish a CSR outlining what they will do to be socially responsible. Nestle's case study would not fall under this. Satarbuck's suspended coffee project would be classed under CSR

Quick Reply