The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Do you think Kazou hiria is doing a good job as a leader?
Original post by BARCEMO
i was reading through that too

weird coincidence haha
Original post by nadster
Wow wasn't aware of that... i love Zappos so much that I would actually consider reading that lol. BUSS4 has turned me into a freak

Yeah these past 2 days ive been learning so much about different businesses and how their culture and other aspects have effected them nd how they responded to it. What uni have you applied to if you don't mind me asking :smile: and what for?
Original post by dulwin
Zappos is an amazing business!
Their culture is great, and I think their culture is working very well as it is in centre with their employees :smile:

yeeeeaaaah someone who feels my love for this wonderful company <3
Original post by iAhmedd
Yeah these past 2 days ive been learning so much about different businesses and how their culture and other aspects have effected them nd how they responded to it. What uni have you applied to if you don't mind me asking :smile: and what for?

Me too :smile: and I've firmed Manchester for Economics and Social Studies. How about you?
Reply 1406
Can someone please explain or post the link that explains the schein force field?
Original post by MrBobb
Can someone please explain or post the link that explains the schein force field?

Shein's force field? Or Lewin's? :P
Reply 1408
Original post by nadster
Ethics refers to how moral a business' actions are. Nestle's involvement with the breast milk scandal would be seen as unethical for example.
CSR refers to how socially responsible the actions are. Very similar but there is a fine line. Firms tend to publish a CSR outlining what they will do to be socially responsible. Nestle's case study would not fall under this. Satarbuck's suspended coffee project would be classed under CSR

Thank you!!! :smile:
Original post by snowster
Presumably because they had no back up plans for what they would do if an oil spill actually happened (Which it has done) and so now they're paying the price for it, ruining their reputation. I haven't done BP, but I guess that's about right :smile:

ye i would say that pretty much sums it up. Basically anything with reference to the oil spillage and not planning for that, as it's not a daily occurrence.
Reply 1410
Original post by nadster
Shein's force field? Or Lewin's? :P

i am not sure, my teacher never told us. i noticed you included this on your essay, can you explain that, please

thanks in advance
Original post by nadster
Me too :smile: and I've firmed Manchester for Economics and Social Studies. How about you?

I shall see you at Manchester in 2014 :L I doubt ive gotten into my firm choice uni UCL or my insurance Queen Mary. I have a feeling il get A in economics B in maths ( might get an A depending on C3) and B/C in business studies :frown:. Ive been thinking and have decided Manchester is the place I want to be to study Economics and political science. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1412
Zappos is quite good with their 2000 pounds drop out thing
Original post by MrBobb
i am not sure, my teacher never told us. i noticed you included this on your essay, can you explain that, please

thanks in advance

It's Lewin's force field analysis... the other dude had a culture model :P But Lewin basically stated that if the restraining forces were greater than the driving forces for change, change will not occur. Driving forces must be greater than restraining forces. Pretty useless piece of theory, but examiners like it
http://www.tutor2u.net/business/strategy/change-management-force-field-analysis.html
Original post by iAhmedd
I shall see you at Manchester in 2014 :L I doubt ive gotten into my firm choice uni UCL or my insurance Queen Mary. I have a feeling il get A in economics B in maths ( might get an A depending on C3) and B/C in business studies :frown:. Ive been thinking and have decided Manchester is the place I want to be to study Economics and political science. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?

aww hopefully you've done better than you think. My offer is AAB, but I think there's a high chance I'll miss this offer by at least one grade, with an A only in maths. Ah well, praying for the best
Reply 1415
Original post by iAhmedd
Yeah more or less. Just link it into a business that has become less competite over time such as Nokia or Kodak who have had a 'complacent' culture. Or businesses may have wanted to change due to low profitability or have been making losses such as Sony who have decided to chane their strategy to retrenchment and so therefore Kazou Hirai has made 10000 people redundant and sold a few core properties and businesses. Hope this helps!

That helps thanks.
What business have you researched?
Original post by iAhmedd
Wow that's amazing I guess im going to try that :colone: and yeah your remark in buss2 don't surprise me haha I got mine remarked from 69/120 ums to 108/120 ums :wink:

what the ****, lol i would have never said it's possible for a mark to go up that much, even if you deserved it (im sure you did deserve a great mark :smile:) as i see it as you get the paper remarked due to being marked lower than deserved, you pay money for this, nothing much happens, complain, etc and that goes on for ages and nothing happens, waste of time, money, etc.... but perhaps not always lol... well done anyways :smile:
Reply 1417
It's got to the point where I'm not researching firms anymore, I'm researching how clearing works
Original post by jayward_2013
what the ****, lol i would have never said it's possible for a mark to go up that much, even if you deserved it (im sure you did deserve a great mark :smile:) as i see it as you get the paper remarked due to being marked lower than deserved, you pay money for this, nothing much happens, complain, etc and that goes on for ages and nothing happens, waste of time, money, etc.... but perhaps not always lol... well done anyways :smile:

Yeah I paid 25 pounds for a remark :rolleyes: and I felt like I did great in the exam only to get a low mark. So I paid for a resit and surprisingly they gave me 108/120 which I think was too generous I was hoping for 85-89. :colondollar:
Original post by Waki
That helps thanks.
What business have you researched?

Ive researched Royal Mail, Sony, Nokia, Zappos, Amazon, SouthWest Airlines, Kodak, Enron , Google and Starbucks what about yourself? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending