The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobilina
I know this feeling...

I need 113 for an A yet 53 for a B, insane on the marks difference.

I had a decent A last year but i dropped massively in Unit 4 with 70UMS, i re-sat last Thursday but i think it went just as bad... Unit 4 doesn't agree with me!

On the plus, i'll be over the moon with a B, it's what I need for University :smile:

aaah your fine then ! I need an A, or I'm not going university :frown:
Then teach me, because i hate relativity. Huygens and Newtons any day, it's hands down my fave thing in Unit 5.

I think this is a good video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2s1-RHuljo

Goes through all assumptions too :smile:
Hey, I do applied not turning points, but that seems interesting, what is the answer? Hehe if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by posthumus
aaah your fine then ! I need an A, or I'm not going university :frown:

Not good :frown:

Where have you applied? They do allow some people to slip up here and there, and 110 isn't unreachable especially not with Unit 5 boundaries :smile:
Original post by YThursday
Hey, I do applied not turning points, but that seems interesting, what is the answer? Hehe if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, i'm not 100% sure myself how bad is that.

The bloke that stays on Earth because 'moving clocks run slower' that's about all i could tell you. So someone please explain to me too, hehe :tongue:
Original post by YThursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

To keep it short... when you go really fast, time slows down. you have two identical twins... one goes on a spaceship going all fast... the other stays on earth. One of the twins (the one on earth) can potentially be many years, decades or even centuries older than the one who has been flying around lol :smile:

Not good :frown:

Where have you applied? They do allow some people to slip up here and there, and 110 isn't unreachable especially not with Unit 5 boundaries :smile:

King's College London, they do let you slip up by a grade yes... but I've already slipped on chemistry :colondollar: hehe
does the hubble equation itself support the big bang theory?
Hi all, anyone know why the answer to the first question is A?

Thanks
To keep it short... when you go really fast, time slows down. you have two identical twins... one goes on a spaceship going all fast... the other stays on earth. One of the twins (the one on earth) can potentially be many years, decades or even centuries older than the one who has been flying around lol :smile:

King's College London, they do let you slip up by a grade yes... but I've already slipped on chemistry :colondollar: hehe

Oh very nice, and i getcha! Well, just wait and see what happens 😊

Good luck!
Original post by LegendX
Hi all, anyone know why the answer to the first question is A?

Thanks

If you arrange the Kinetic theory equation for the root mean squared speed,
One side is all divided by mass.
Nitrogen is bigger than Helium therefore a lower crms?

I think o:
Original post by InditeHarry
If you arrange the Kinetic theory equation for the root mean squared speed,
One side is all divided by mass.
Nitrogen is bigger than Helium therefore a lower crms?

I think o:

Thanks.
How's everyone feeling for this exam?

Hmm, as everything is relative, couldn't you say that from the spaceships reference frame everything else is moving quickly, and therefore the earthly twin will be going faster, and is therefore to be the younger twin? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1353
Original post by study beats
How's everyone feeling for this exam?

WOW you have bare warning points. What on earth do you do lool.

Hopefully its a good last exam...Have you done the specimen papers
Original post by johndoe4
WOW you have bare warning points. What on earth do you do lool.

Hopefully its a good last exam...Have you done the specimen papers

I didn't even do anything, they just said u get this warning points and I am like wtf

And what specimen papers?
Reply 1355
Original post by study beats
I didn't even do anything, they just said u get this warning points and I am like wtf

And what specimen papers?

scroll all the way to the bottom
Original post by johndoe4
scroll all the way to the bottom

Huh
How does everyone find the nuclear thermal physics compared to their options?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Soncheese
How does everyone find the nuclear thermal physics compared to their options?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If you'd have asked a few weeks ago I much preferred thermal, but now it's all about astrophysics :tongue:
Help... forgotten how to get from
ev=1/2 mv^2

mv^2 / r = Bev

to

e/m = 2V / B^2 x r^2

:confused:

Quick Reply