The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by MrChuckNorris
Same! Have you got any businesses you would use for any of them?

Well for Globalisation I would use:
Tesco, Startbucks, Costa Cofee, Primark etc however I fail to see the difference with emerging markets as you can also say Primark production :frown: is up in emerging market, China? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1441
Can anyone tell me the factors influencing the change of culture at Nokia ?
Reply 1442
Original post by bundlez

Most managers become complacent therefore didn't innovate. This made them to loose market share to the likes Apple and RIM.
Reply 1443
Anyone doing this exam again? I'm not personally.
Reply 1444
Original post by bundlez

Rapid growth of smartphone market which they lost out on to Apple, Blackberry & Samsung primarily due to their negligence to innovate.
I hope i can just improvise this essay like I did for unit 3 to get 86UMS because I've literally only done half a day revision for it

I think this unit is pretty much about common sense and knowing how to turn a few bits of information (firms and leaders) into a great essay to support your points
Reply 1446
Original post by Ollied
Rapid growth of smartphone market which they lost out on to Apple, Blackberry & Samsung primarily due to their negligence to innovate.

What kind of culture would you say nokia had strong or weak, and also what type of culture did they have task culture, power culture etc ?
Reply 1447
Original post by bundlez

Basically it's because of competition and rapidly changing market ie technological advancement. They had a complacent culture and were risk adverse. Since they were,this caused them a loss of their market share from 40% in 2007 to 23% in 2012.

Hope that helps
Reply 1448
Reply 1449
Can someone pleaseee send me there research for Section A, only had 2 days to revise for this exam and im panicking
Original post by nasheboy
Well for Globalisation I would use:
Tesco, Startbucks, Costa Cofee, Primark etc however I fail to see the difference with emerging markets as you can also say Primark production :frown: is up in emerging market, China? :s-smilie:

For emerging markets i talked about coke and hsbc. Both are going into the bric countries
Reply 1452
did anyone try the 10 question to practice on from tutor2u?
just slept 3 hr and a half gonna be all business studies for the rest of the night then FREEDOM!
Reply 1454
Technically you can use a made up company because i doubt the examiners will no every company
Quick question

For the culture section, what type of structure are people using? How many points and paragraphs
Original post by bundlez
Technically you can use a made up company because i doubt the examiners will no every company

lol that only works in psychology, I used to make up case studies and get A's

but when it's a company I'm sure the examiner could just google
Reply 1457
Original post by abcdefghijlkmnop
lol that only works in psychology, I used to make up case studies and get A's

but when it's a company I'm sure the examiner could just google

Well if its a LTD it might not be on the internet lol and i doubt the examiner will have the time or be bothered to search up the businesses, anyway thats just my backup plan if i dont have any real research for a specific topic lool
Original post by bundlez
Well if its a LTD it might not be on the internet lol and i doubt the examiner will have the time or be bothered to search up the businesses, anyway thats just my backup plan if i dont have any real research for a specific topic lool

haha true

btw what structure are you using for your essays, and how many points per essay
Reply 1459
Original post by abcdefghijlkmnop
haha true

btw what structure are you using for your essays, and how many points per essay

Introduction (Definition etc)
Point for 1 (Using PEEL, POINT, EVIDENCE/EXAMPLES, EVALUATION, LINK TO QUESTION)
Point for 2
Point against 1
Point against 2
Conclusion (USING AIM, ANSWER E.G. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR LEADERS TO BLAH BLAH ETC, IT DEPENDS ON, MOST IMPORTANTLY)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending