The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Section A was pretty good and the Medical Option was incredibly easy for once, thought that went better than Unit 4 and C4 :smile:
Original post by Jam Jam24
It said what was the source of the radioactive waste products?
So i said Uranium 235 :P

Technically that isn't wrong but I doubt they'd be asking for source of waste products in such a roundabout way as to mean uranium.
Original post by Pinkhead
Technically that isn't wrong but I doubt they'd be asking for source of waste products in such a roundabout way as to mean uranium.

I agree, but I really want to see the paper now so we can be sure of the wording of the question... jeez, I knew coming on here for a physics post-mortem was a bad idea :P
Reply 1483
I said the fission products of U-235, is that still a valid answer? (For the posing biggest danger from waste question)...
Original post by Beth_L_G
Same haha
I put it so its probably wrong :tongue:

Most ppl have put that, we've probz got it right hopefully :biggrin:
For Unit 5D, my boundary predictions are:
66- 120
60- 108
53- 96
46- 84

I hope it's one mark lower though but it wasn't as hard as last year's so doubt they'd push it down more than that.

Is that marks over the two papers?
Original post by AWithers95
I got 8.4 as the temperature and 0.016kg - probably rounding differences in here.

I got 8.41 for the temperature and use 8 for the next part and got 0.15, you dont have to use 8.4 for the next part do you?
For the question about what happens to the neutron in an elastic collision, I just said momentum and kinetic energy are conserved. :/

Only the AQA examiners know what they mean XD
What was the density of the gas?
The mass of gas in high altitude was 3.5mol* kgmol^-1
Original post by Jam Jam24
Most ppl have put that, we've probz got it right hopefully :biggrin:

Probably hopefully

Pretty much sums up the marking of aqa papers...
Reply 1491
Original post by sports_crazy

Something like 28.1?
Original post by IChooseThisName
For the question about what happens to the neutron in an elastic collision, I just said momentum and kinetic energy are conserved. :/

That question pissed me off. We learned that moderators slow down neutrons. So how is it elastic?? I just put down what i learned that kinetic energy of the neutrons decreases and gets trannsfered to the moderator atoms but no clue
Reply 1493
Original post by Elton
Section A was pretty good and the Medical Option was incredibly easy for once, thought that went better than Unit 4 and C4 :smile:

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IChooseThisName

The neutron passes Ek on to the moderator, and slows down to become a thermal neutron after about fifty collisions.
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Is that marks over the two papers?

Yeah it's for both, not just the core unit.
Original post by Beth_L_G
Probably hopefully

Pretty much sums up the marking of aqa papers...

Yeah, if its not word to word as on the ms, its basically wrong :P
Reply 1497
IMO hardest unit 5 paper anyone agree? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sports_crazy

I think it said it was 0.04 kg per mole.
Original post by SpiggyTopes
The neutron passes Ek on to the moderator, and slows down to become a thermal neutron after about fifty collisions.

Yeah, so overall kinetic energy is still conserved, I think, which is what I said, as the total KE before = total KE after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending