The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadster
I talked about fast changing markets... Think I messed it up :s-smilie:

no you didnt, thats relevent too some people in my class also talked about competition.

Think about it look how many pointa there are there listed prevous mark scheme , 8/9 so dont be harsh on your self
Reply 1541
I did questions 2 and 4, used John Lewis, Apple, Barclays, Google, RIM, Nike and Primark. Found the questions to be really open, especially 02. 04 on regulation wasn't too bad either.

Did 02 on John Lewis' long term partnership philosophy (long term), Barclays need for change after its short term corporate objectives and Google only needing to change to meet consumer demand, RIM and their severe market share loss, made sure to comment and evaluate on the INEVITABILITY of change.

Based the 04 question around the banks and their high risks, mergers and acquisitions (competition commission), Apple with positive CSR moving out of China (therefore no need of regulation in some cases) and a quick point on environment with Primark and Nike.

Evaluated using the DISCO-M technique someone shared last night, thanks btw!

Think my Analysis was pretty weak though.

Please share your answers with mine.
Original post by iggyDash
no you didnt, thats relevent too some people in my class also talked about competition.

Think about it look how many pointa there are there listed prevous mark scheme , 8/9 so dont be harsh on your self

Thank you, you're too kind
Ffs I didn't do enough mocks so I messed up on my time management .. How many marks do I lose if I didn't mention google? And I only used 3 points for section a :frown: also my conclusions were both **** so I think I'm going to have to retake this exam next summer because I was hoping to get an A 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nadster
Thank you, you're too kind

Lol dont know if that was sarcastic but you welcome:biggrin:
Reply 1545
Survived a major catastrophe, did question 1 and 3 but accident wrote number 2 instead of 3. Realised, went back and got it changed thank god!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For both my answers I did 2 points for and 1 against then an evaluation. Is that okay or is it a must to do 2 for and 2 against in order to get a high grade ? :/
Reply 1547
i answered questions 1 + 5.

question 1 i talked about google, nokia, john lewis and apple. relating how similar succsesfull business's cultures are in relation to innovation and having a 'people culture' explaining why it is important for each. so my conclusion was probably different to most as i said most cultures are similar in profitable business. with exeptions such as ryan air etc etc...

question 5 ( the one about continued growth in 20 years) i talked about ikea, tata, and rbs talking about globalisation and risk taking. although i was rushed for evaluation time here so i rushed quite a lot. but said for a business to continue growing there isnt just one factor then i explained all relevent factors.

NEED A B :frown:
Reply 1548
Original post by butterflyy
For both my answers I did 2 points for and 1 against then an evaluation. Is that okay or is it a must to do 2 for and 2 against in order to get a high grade ? :/

usually 2 for 2 is standard but examiners realised you are rushed for team. as long as the quality is there and relevent you should get the grades :biggrin:
Original post by butterflyy

You're fine... I ran out of time and only only made two points in total for my section B essay
Reply 1550
Original post by linabina94
Ffs I didn't do enough mocks so I messed up on my time management .. How many marks do I lose if I didn't mention google? And I only used 3 points for section a :frown: also my conclusions were both **** so I think I'm going to have to retake this exam next summer because I was hoping to get an A ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you didnt mention google you cannot score higher than a D ive been told
Reply 1551
I thought question 2 was alright

Points for culture inevitably changing:

Poor performance (Nokia)
Unacceptable ethical practices (Nestle) (Barclays)
Market changing.. e.g. technological change ( Kodak)

Points against

Sometimes the culture doesnt need to change as they're performing really well (Google)
Changing culture could be worse.. (Sony - changing to howard stringer)

What do you guys think? any good? any ideas?
Did question 2 and 5. Went good-ish I guess :redface:
how many times did people refer to google case study?

used them for a long paragraph is that enough?
how many times did people refer to google case study?

used them for a long paragraph is that enough?

I wrote a side comparing google to apple and inoccent smoothies and also referred to them a further two times in the conclusion.
As long as you've referred to google twice or more, you're sorted
Original post by nadster
I wrote a side comparing google to apple and inoccent smoothies and also referred to them a further two times in the conclusion.
As long as you've referred to google twice or more, you're sorted

Yeah i mentioned them in the evaluation and conclusion aswell
Yeah i mentioned them in the evaluation and conclusion aswell

Wicked :smile: you have nothing to worry about
Original post by nadster
Wicked :smile: you have nothing to worry about

what if you refer to them twice in the same paragraph
what if you refer to them twice in the same paragraph

That's fine also I believe
Original post by nadster
That's fine also I believe

ik thanks, what do you think you got in therms of marks? i think i got 26 for first one and maybe 23 for second one. in a way it kinda unpredictable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending