The Student Room Group

OCR Physics G484 - June 2013 Unit 4 (OFFICIAL RETAKE THREAD)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muhammadjamal

Good, did you get 250 too?
Original post by EZCS
I dont know how to do the last question in queation 5. Does anyone know how to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use p=f/a do before and after and then minus one from the other

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EZCS
I dont know how to do the last question in queation 5. Does anyone know how to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the answer but without seeing the paper I won't be able to remember.
Original post by niallh1995
Good, did you get 250 too?

246 (3sf) to be exact. I gt 1.5x10^7 in the end though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
the car was 1200kg... Did people remember to divide it by 4 (wheels)?
Original post by EZCS

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did change in pressure = force/area, the force being mg. Then rearrange for area
Original post by fkh_95

Sh********t!!!! Didnt do that. Too happy i figured out what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
For the very last question I added up the moles and the volumes, since I thought the most logical thing is that the volume of gas has also increased...in the end got an answer of 5x10^5 Pa
246 (3sf) to be exact. I gt 1.5x10^7 in the end though

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I got that, I always round to 2 sig figs though.
Sh********t!!!! Didnt do that. Too happy i figured out what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I did that but I was too happy that I realised I did force in KG XD
Original post by theslav
For the very last question I added up the moles and the volumes, since I thought the most logical thing is that the volume of gas has also increased...in the end got an answer of 5x10^5 Pa

You werent supposed to add the volumes. The extra gas was being put into the same container with constant volume of 0.05. The volume of the extra gas was given so you could work out how many extra mols were put in. Use the total number of mols to work out the new pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
Did it specify that the volume was of the box or was it of the gas inside it? Because I think that it said that volume of gas in the box was 0.05, so if you add more moles of gas then the volume of gas should increase, but the volume of the box is constant
Original post by theslav
Did it specify that the volume was of the box or was it of the gas inside it? Because I think that it said that volume of gas in the box was 0.05, so if you add more moles of gas then the volume of gas should increase, but the volume of the box is constant

I think it was about a gas cylinder and the volume was for that if someone can confirm pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fkh_95

We had to divide by 4?! Jesus christ, bastard examiners...
Reply 254
Original post by Ryan Gregg
We had to divide by 4?! Jesus christ, bastard examiners...

What if the car had three wheels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theslav

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a fair point. I'm sure I would of realised it was insinuating working out the area per tyre instead of the area of all the tyres... God dammit.
I think it was about a gas cylinder and the volume was for that if someone can confirm pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by theslav

The volume of the cylinder would remain the same. All you're doing is increasing the number of moles and pressure.
Reply 257
Original post by eggfriedrice
The volume of the cylinder would remain the same. All you're doing is increasing the number of moles and pressure.

2-3 marks lost for me then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Original post by theslav

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry guys you did not have to cosnider the number of wheels at all in the question. I specificaly though of this in the exam and reread the question all it asked for was the area in contact with the floor. No consideration of the number of wheels was necessary at all.

1200g=pressure1 x area1

1200g=pressure2 x area2

change area1-area2
Original post by physicis
Dont worry guys you did not have to cosnider the number of wheels at all in the question. I specificaly though of this in the exam and reread the question all it asked for was the area in contact with the floor. No consideration of the number of wheels was necessary at all.

1200g=pressure1 x area1

1200g=pressure2 x area2

change area1-area2

Thank god.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending