The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it makes a difference if it says propan-1,2,3-triol or propane-1,2,3-triol , who is disagreeing? :s-smilie: in fact I the correct method is to write propan , look on the CPG revision guide page 68
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3541
Original post by otrivine
Check page 79, they dont do it from the centre, they did it from the dotted line to the bottom of the dot , i did exactly like that, not to centre

But for the book is it a small spot, or one that is quite long? Because it's okay to measure to the bottom if it's a small spot. But if it's a spot over a distance, it's best to measure from the middle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3542
Original post by keepontrying
I don't think it makes a difference if it says propan-1,2,3-triol or propane-1,2,3-triol , who is disagreeing? :s-smilie: in fact I the correct method is to write propan , look on the CPG revision guide page 68

Either way the mark schemes have always accepted both answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3543
Original post by nothepreacher
Thanks for answering. So the bottom one was kept at the centre right? Also, in my diag there was only only one wedge from my chiral centre, the rest were skeletal lines

Yeah one wedge and 3 skeletal lines.

The bottom was kept the same. Just mirror the top around the top choral carbon. Or you could do the bottom one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3544
Original post by ZakRob
But for the book is it a small spot, or one that is quite long? Because it's okay to measure to the bottom if it's a small spot. But if it's a spot over a distance, it's best to measure from the middle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the book does not state anything about middle shows clearly from bottom to the dotted lines, clearly with an X I don't think it depends on size of the dot, measure with ruler and check with the other dots same thing
Reply 3545
Original post by Mus1995
Yeah one wedge and 3 skeletal lines.

The bottom was kept the same. Just mirror the top around the top choral carbon. Or you could do the bottom one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May mi calrify the question in the structure that had two OH was it going to form two carboxylic acid or one ketone and one carboxylic acid?thanks
Reply 3546
May mi calrify the question in the structure that had two OH was it going to form two carboxylic acid or one ketone and one carboxylic acid?thanks

Ketone and carboxylic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even with all these answers going around I still feel I got 55+, made a few little slips but nothing too drastic so I'm pretty impressed :biggrin:
Reply 3548
Original post by MathsNerd1
Even with all these answers going around I still feel I got 55+, made a few little slips but nothing too drastic so I'm pretty impressed :biggrin:

Hoping for 57/60. Do you think that will be enough for 85/90 UMS? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mus1995
Hoping for 57/60. Do you think that will be enough for 85/90 UMS? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that'll be high enough but this was quite a very straightforward exam with just a lot of recall of facts really. :redface:
Reply 3550
I'm pretty sure that'll be high enough but this was quite a very straightforward exam with just a lot of recall of facts really. :redface:

Yeah. I'd still say it was harder than January. Just gotta hope I haven't dropped anymore marks stupidly. :frown: and coursework grade boundaries haven't been set yet so I may need more/less UMS :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mus1995
Yeah. I'd still say it was harder than January. Just gotta hope I haven't dropped anymore marks stupidly. :frown: and coursework grade boundaries haven't been set yet so I may need more/less UMS :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the last question was a nice little puzzle and really enjoyed it :tongue: But yeah I'd say the boundaries will be lower as its a June exam anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine and I'm just going off last years numbers with my 36/40 marks in coursework :smile:
Reply 3552

what do you think the boundaries for F325? I have to say F325 is a priority as that consists more mark
Reply 3553
Well the last question was a nice little puzzle and really enjoyed it :tongue: But yeah I'd say the boundaries will be lower as its a June exam anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine and I'm just going off last years numbers with my 36/40 marks in coursework :smile:

I got 36 too. Used it as 48 UMS. Same as last year. I doubt it would go up. Maybe down if less people have hit those marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3554
36/40 is full UMS, well I did my practicals in summer for A2 and got 37/40 which was full UMS

They made it 48/60 UMS now. They've gone up in recent years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3555
Original post by Mus1995

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure you will be fine!

By the first question , how many monomers did you draw? 2 or 3
Reply 3556
I know it will almost definitely have been asked before but what was the structure on the last question? I got CH3-CH(COO-C6H5)-CH3
Reply 3557
I am sure you will be fine!

By the first question , how many monomers did you draw? 2 or 3

3. 2 were identical. They were salts of the monomers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3558
Original post by carli_c
I know it will almost definitely have been asked before but what was the structure on the last question? I got CH3-CH(COO-C6H5)-CH3

Read back in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3559
Original post by Mus1995
3. 2 were identical. They were salts of the monomers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you drew 3 with O-Na+ right,

you drew 3 structures

Latest

Trending

Trending