The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5320
A massive part of me wants us to sign Thiago, but a very small part doesn't want it to happen, just so I can see the reaction from ledleyking123.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qasidb
A massive part of me wants us to sign Thiago, but a very small part doesn't want it to happen, just so I can see the reaction from ledleyking123.

I would cry tbh
Original post by ledleyking123
I would cry tbh

You already are :tongue:
Original post by rohitbd
If we get Thiago it would be the best signing for us since Ronaldo, a player of his class for 15mil is so cheap, Hazard, Moura, Martinez, Oscar, Gotze and Neymar have gone for more than double and Thiago is on par with them, De Gea has to work his charm to convince him to come, Moyes best not wait till July 1st, he should try and sign him as soon as possible.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/314-11-Thiago-Alcantara/page425

This is a good read and they constantly update the status on Thiago.

Why is there a UnitedDirect link on a Barca forum?
That Barca forums layout and colour scheme make my eyes bleed
Original post by ledleyking123
Reliable twitter source saying its near enough done

Twitter says it? Oh it must be true then :rolleyes:
Reply 5326
De Gea:

"Hopefully I will have a Spanish team-mate at United next season. I, and every other Manchester United player, would like him to join the club," De Gea was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.

"We have been joking about him joining United. Barcelona will realise that they have a great player, though, and I don't think they will let him go."
Original post by Idle
De Gea:

"Hopefully I will have a Spanish team-mate at United next season. I, and every other Manchester United player, would like him to join the club," De Gea was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.

"We have been joking about him joining United. Barcelona will realise that they have a great player, though, and I don't think they will let him go."

Barcelona have no control over this though do they? Its all the player and whether he wants to go and if he does we're helpless to stop that.
Reply 5328
Original post by Malevolent
Barcelona have no control over this though do they? Its all the player and whether he wants to go and if he does we're helpless to stop that.

How many years has he got left on his Barca contract?
Original post by 419
How many years has he got left on his Barca contract?

2 years I think it was 2015 it ends?
Reply 5330
Original post by Malevolent

From what I understand if he wants to go this summer and the buy out clause is hit we can take him yes. I can only assume he means Barca will promise him game time or more money.
Original post by Idle
From what I understand if he wants to go this summer and the buy out clause is hit we can take him yes. I can only assume he means Barca will promise him game time or more money.

I dunno I can understand why he would be reluctant. A lot of talk the youngsters are unhappy because Vilanova hasn't given them a chance.

Poor guy can't escape it anywhere
Original post by Idle

He wants to make the world cup squad so wants game time, and to play in the big games. Barca can't really offer him that at the moment with their midfield, we can.
Reply 5334
1 Week old interview of thiago, doesn't deny the news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4uzEcwuwQ
Reply 5335
Original post by rohitbd
1 Week old interview of thiago, doesn't deny the news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4uzEcwuwQ

Anyone know how he speaks english so well? Maybe he has been learning in anticipation of a move away from barcelona?
Original post by Brainiac
Anyone know how he speaks english so well? Maybe he has been learning in anticipation of a move away from barcelona?

A lot of Europeans speak fluent English.
Reply 5337
Original post by Brainiac

lol
Liga BBVA ‏@Todo__LigaBBVA 54m
"Thiago Alcantara will become a Manchester United player in the next few hours" #Transfers

(tweet was translated)

Some random account with 100k followers. Seems to just be a congregate of news like Barcastuff and that kind of thing, but i have no idea, doesn't seem like a bull**** account when you go through it. Guess we'll see tonight.
Oh **** this is what I wanted!!!!

Latest