The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So you're getting thiago on a 5 year loan then?
Reply 5341
Original post by jam277
So you're getting thiago on a 5 year loan then?

If this is true and he wants to go back later on i'd expect £15mil would be the deposit :wink:
Reply 5342
Original post by ledleyking123
Oh **** this is what I wanted!!!!

Please don't go around claiming he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's a good player but you hype him up far too much.
Original post by Musester
Please don't go around claiming he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's a good player but you hype him up far too much.

True, he hasn't scored as much as Hazard so he's probably bad.
Reply 5344
Original post by Tommyjw
True, he hasn't scored as much as Hazard so he's probably bad.

You claim Tiago playing 60% of Barca's game's last season is a wondrous achievement. It isn't.
(edited 10 years ago)
Let's wrap this deal up ASAP
Reply 5346
Original post by Brainiac
Anyone know how he speaks english so well? Maybe he has been learning in anticipation of a move away from barcelona?

So you're saying he got to that level of English in a few weeks? Impressive.

But in reality (apparently), he went to an English school in Spain so that's why.

Why are you getting so upset about how much united fans rate a transfer target? :rofl2:

(He is an incredible player though btw)
Reply 5348

He is a top talent and Barca fans are hating the fact of him leaving, plus he looks to fill a hole in our squad, I respect your opinion of him only being a good player but for me and united fans he is what we need and has talent to become a proper Scholes replacement, even if he doesn't join and goes to Chelsea or Bayern I'll still rate him as he is highly talented and is starting to blossom, you just seem to be so jealous of the fact he is coming to United.
Original post by sr90
A lot of Europeans speak fluent English.

Well it varies from literally 100% in Holland/Sweden to about 40% in Spain. The majority of Spanish imports to the UK didnt speak English when they arrived so who knows. Tevez still aint picked it up FFS.
It's picking up a lot of speed **** this is so close
Original post by rohitbd
you just seem to be so jealous of the fact he is coming to United.
Tbf, there is apparently interest from Chelsea. Lucas Moura was coming to United too if I remember correctly. I'd hold your horses until he's holding the shirt.

Original post by Zürich
Tevez still aint picked it up FFS.
That's because Tevez is a **** though, he spent most of his time here whinging and whining about how he can't settle in England and has no friends, instead of learning the language.
Has he signed yey
Problem with Thiago is that if he makes it at Utd, he'll probably start angling for a move back to Barca as he enters his peak.
Reply 5354
Original post by Zürich
Problem with Thiago is that if he makes it at Utd, he'll probably start angling for a move back to Barca as he enters his peak.

I'd be happy to have him for 4-5 good years and then want to go back home, I can respect that. It's just the same as the Ronaldo situation really. It'll be hard to find a player that will want to stay at the club forever, there aren't many of them.
Reply 5355
Original post by xDave-
I'd be happy to have him for 4-5 good years and then want to go back home, I can respect that. It's just the same as the Ronaldo situation really. It'll be hard to find a player that will want to stay at the club forever, there aren't many of them.

Ditto. Plus we'd make a tidy profit. From what I gather the Thiago deal has been agreed between us & Barca but one or two clubs have also made an offer. Its just up to Thiago now to decide what he wants to do.
Reply 5356
Original post by Zürich

He's not leaving on great terms though is he and he's 22 not 16 and not catalan therefore he is not exactly like cesc in that matter however I could see him wanting to play for pep again.
His contract goes back up to 90 mil end of July so we need to close it
Reply 5358
Original post by qasidb
So you're saying he got to that level of English in a few weeks? Impressive.

But in reality (apparently), he went to an English school in Spain so that's why.

it was a tongue and cheek comment. But i do imagine some players who envisage moving abroad do start learning the language pretty early. So if he realised he wanted a change at Christmas, i imagine he has been learning since then if the rumours of him wanting to leave are correct.
Original post by ledleyking123
His contract goes back up to 90 mil end of July so we need to close it
I'd imagine any deals will be done by then. If Moyes is going to trying and implement his own style on the players he's going to want a good pre season. First game of pre season is 13th July in Bankok, last is 6th August so I would think the club would be aiming to get the team assembled and ready during that period.

Latest