The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Apocrypha
And off the point. Why, in every rebel video, do they scream 'allahu akbar'? Yet in Syrian videos there is no screaming of the phrase, both sides are predominantly muslim, and both believe in Allah, why does one side scream the phrase yet the other doesnt?

Could it be because one side is a proper (i.e. professional) army which has proper training which I doubt would include the screaming of that phrase? Whereas, the rebels are just a bunch of Muslims who are rising against their government thus scream "Allahu Akbar" for morale purposes? Just because Al-Qadea scream "Allahu akbar" doesn't mean that screaming "Allahu akbar" is indicative of any extremist tendencies. Logic 101.
Reply 361
go Bashar! eliminate the fsa foreign sponsored scumbags, VIVA SYRIA, DAMN FSA, ISRAELI AND AL-NUSRA PIGS
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Could it be because one side is a proper (i.e. professional) army which has proper training which I doubt would include the screaming of that phrase? Whereas, the rebels are just a bunch of Muslims who are rising against their government thus scream "Allahu Akbar" for morale purposes? Just because Al-Qadea scream "Allahu akbar" doesn't mean that screaming "Allahu akbar" is indicative of any extremist tendencies. Logic 101.

No, but its suggesting religion is a largely contributing factor in the war, and supports the claim that the FSA and the other rebel groups want a country excluding minorities based on islamic law. If you are fighting fellow muslims why should you scream 'allahu akbar', do they think god is happy for them to kill fellow muslims? No they scream it because the war is increasingly becoming a Sunni rebellion against a largely Secular state.
No, but its suggesting religion is a largely contributing factor in the war, and supports the claim that the FSA and the other rebel groups want a country excluding minorities based on islamic law. If you are fighting fellow muslims why should you scream 'allahu akbar', do they think god is happy for them to kill fellow muslims? No they scream it because the war is increasingly becoming a Sunni rebellion against a largely Secular state.

Not really, that's just your unfounded hypothesis. My, equally unfounded hypothesis, is that screaming it allows for them to be more confident whilst fighting due to the belief that God is on your side. Speculations mans, everyone can do them.
Not really, that's just your unfounded hypothesis. My, equally unfounded hypothesis, is that screaming it allows for them to be more confident whilst fighting due to the belief that God is on your side. Speculations mans, everyone can do them.

There is evidence suggesting the FSA would pursue a state based on islamic law if they were to win, that is also self-explanatory to extremist organisations such as Al-Nusra.
Reply 365
Original post by Lord Hysteria
Jes per-lez! ... How can you not see he is being framed?

assad is a thorn in the CIA interests (woooo!!!!!21), so he must be a great arab version of a visionary liberal whose country is being taken over by zionist neocon f***s who want to intall a motherfu*ing pipeline. And **** the UN ... it's a imperlaist whore ... What choice does he have to save his people? And so what if he's a bit rough ... get some perspective!!!!!!!

We all know the UN is a vehicle for western interests. 60 years now the Palestinians have waited for much needed sanctions on israel but the US has forever blocked the resolutions.

Don't play the conspiracy card with me, the truth will come out eventually!

And off the point. Why, in every rebel video, do they scream 'allahu akbar'? Yet in Syrian videos there is no screaming of the phrase, both sides are predominantly muslim, and both believe in Allah, why does one side scream the phrase yet the other doesnt?

They're moderates fighting a holy war. :wink:
Reply 366

What are you on about? :confused:

People in this country and elsewhere expect the truth to come to them. No, you want the truth, you rely only on yourself to go after it because the Al Jewzeera's of this world have been with the fsa from the start.

I challenge you to go on youtube and look up the number of suicide bombings on the streets of Damascus, while syrians try to get on with their lives the best they can.

But they're prevented from doing so because of western interference, that's why this proxy war is an absolute disgrace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFeWznTDss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOsCDWDzlQ
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rovey
What are you on about? :confused:

People in this country and elsewhere expect the truth to come to them. No, you want the truth, you rely only on yourself to go after it because the Al Jewzeera's of this world have been with the fsa from the start.

I challenge you to go on youtube and look up the number of suicide bombings on the streets of Damascus, while syrians are only trying to get on with their lives. But they're prevented from doing so because of western interference, that's why this proxy war is an absolute disgrace.

I'm not going to bother replying to you because you're just a crazy antisemite and I doubt you'd listen to reason.
It is abut time the UK keeps it's beak out of other people's affairs and concentrate on it's own citizens! Benefits are being cut for the sick and disabled, yet Cameron and Hague want to spend British Taxpayers money on arming a bunch of scumbags fighting another bunch of scumbags. Syria has got nothing to do with the UK.
Reply 369
I'm not going to bother replying to you because you're just a crazy antisemite and I doubt you'd listen to reason.

Ever heard of a pun?

You can say what you like, i'm just highlighting the lame stream media not doing their job properly and supporting the zionist state.

for you to call me an anti-semite over that goes to show just how sensitive people have become.
There is evidence suggesting the FSA would pursue a state based on islamic law if they were to win, that is also self-explanatory to extremist organisations such as Al-Nusra.

I'm guessing your evidence is based on the statement of the last president of the SNC? That's not really strong enough evidence and I'd rather avoid speculation until we have better evidence.
Original post by Rovey
Ever heard of a pun?

You can say what you like, i'm just highlighting the lame stream media not doing their job properly and supporting the zionist state.

for you to call me an anti-semite over that goes to show just how sensitive people have become.

There can be such thing as a racist pun you know.Anyway, I'm not really sensitive it's just that antisemites aren't exactly people of reason, they're like BNP supporters, not really worth arguing over due to the fact that their beliefs are more rooted in emotion then reason. Your type is exactly what Lord Hysteria was mocking in his post.
Reply 372
There can be such thing as a racist pun you know.Anyway, I'm not really sensitive it's just that antisemites aren't exactly people of reason, they're like BNP supporters, not really worth arguing over due to the fact that their beliefs are more rooted in emotion then reason. Your type is exactly what Lord Hysteria was mocking in his post.

That was a racist pun to you, i don't think everyone will agree. Especially since judaism like all religions are not races, so i recommend you go find the nearest dictionary before making yourself look a bit stupid.

I find it hilarious for you to compare me to the BNP over a pun, despite having never met me personally.

I guess that says a lot about your type doesn't it. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 373
Shhh. Everyone's getting a bit out of topic.

America now is officially arming Al-Nusra, Al-Qaeda and the Free Syrian Army.
Now give it 2-3 years for the first F-22 Raptor to get blown out of the sky in Afghanistan by some terrorist equipped with a MANPAD.

Have a good day idiot liberalists!
Original post by Rovey
Ever heard of a pun?

We're talking about Syria, and you itching to bring up Israel ... What are we supposed to think?
Reply 375

The supporters of Assad (civiliians and soldiers) are largely Shi'a, most of whom belong to a sect called the Alawites. These people have adopted Bashar Al-Assad as their god. 'Allah' is not very 'Akbar' to these people, hence the lack of chanting from one side.

Well I think thats the reason anyway :/
Original post by iSoftie
Shhh. Everyone's getting a bit out of topic.

America now is officially arming Al-Nusra, Al-Qaeda and the Free Syrian Army.
Now give it 2-3 years for the first F-22 Raptor to get blown out of the sky in Afghanistan by some terrorist equipped with a MANPAD.

Have a good day idiot liberalists!

ehh, why? isn't that the wrong thing to do? i don't know much about whats happening, but considering with Al Qaeda and Al Nusra's background, its a pretty daft thing to do, no? i really sense a third world war coming its way, within the next 10 years :frown:
Original post by lcddvd
The supporters of Assad (civiliians and soldiers) are largely Shi'a, most of whom belong to a sect called the Alawites. These people have adopted Bashar Al-Assad as their god. 'Allah' is not very 'Akbar' to these people, hence the lack of chanting from one side.

Well I think thats the reason anyway :/

Then they're not Muslims then are they? I've never been able to understand the Shi'a sect, they follow almost everything that is against the Quran and don't take any notice of the teachings of their Prophet Muhammad.
Reply 378
Original post by CEKTOP
It's the Middle East out there, Israel is the only country where truly democratic governance is possible.

Israel? hahahaha
Reply 379
Original post by Lord Hysteria
We're talking about Syria, and you itching to bring up Israel ... What are we supposed to think?

Maybe because Israel are instrumental in all of this ?

no, , that's just me with my tin foil hat on. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending