The Student Room Group

I have no friends, what do I do over the summer?

Hi :smile:
I've just finished my A Levels so I have a 12 week summer ahead of me before I go to uni in September.
A few weeks before I finished I stopped being friends with the girls I went to college with for numerous reasons, and now I don't really have any friends.
Despite having a part time job to do over the summer, I'm feeling quite lonely and sad as I'm literally just working and doing nothing else.
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas of things I could do over the summer to keep myself busy?
Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a hobby? Painting, reading, sewing...
volenteer?
do odd jobs for neighbours?
Reply 2
get a games console?
make friends
Reply 4
Original post by upthegunners
make friends

Everyone says 'make friends' but it really isn't that easy hahah
Original post by J_W-x
Everyone says 'make friends' but it really isn't that easy hahah

i find it easy, so it should also be easy for you

just throw yourself into any social situation possible

edit: negged for being confident in social situations? Seems about right! BRB, going to see my chums
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6

It's not that I don't want to approach people, it's fun talking to new people

but people don't look so approachable now when they're sitting down with headphones in on their phones or in already established friendship groups
Reply 7

That's like saying I find quantum electro dynamics easy, so it should be for you. Some people find it hard to make friends, you can't compare people to yourself and your skill set and think its the norm.
Reply 8
We can be friends aha, message me :smile:

Original post by kkkkelli
I've just finished my A Levels so I have a 12 week summer ahead of me before I go to uni in September.
A few weeks before I finished I stopped being friends with the girls I went to college with for numerous reasons, and now I don't really have any friends.
Despite having a part time job to do over the summer, I'm feeling quite lonely and sad as I'm literally just working and doing nothing else.
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas of things I could do over the summer to keep myself busy?
Thank you x
Reply 9
Start going to the gym? Never hurts to be healthy. Failing that you could try find a boyfriend for the summer?
Reply 10
Original post by Swanbow
Start going to the gym? Never hurts to be healthy. Failing that you could try find a boyfriend for the summer?

I don't think you can just rent one for the summer, I don't think it works like that
Reply 11
Thank you for all your replies,It's quite hard for me to make new friends as I live in quite a small town where everyone knows each other,
Might look into getting a new hobby to do over the summer :smile:
And thank you CocoDee1
Reply 12
Original post by Swanbow

Haha, maybe not the boyfriend thing, am going to be forever alone with my cats :wink:
Do a regular activity like drama a sport or dance. You'll meey new people and have fun with no pressure to go out of your way to approach new people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Thank you x

I'm in exactly the same position. I wasn't really great friends with people from college and my other 'friends' think it's okay to ignore me and go out without me so yeah I'm done with them haha. I don't have any suggestions apart from maybe keep yourself busy with a hobby or something 'cause you'll feel worse if you don't. I just wanted to say I know how you feel :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by kara1
Get a hobby? Painting, reading, sewing...
volenteer?
do odd jobs for neighbours?

:headbang:
Haha, maybe not the boyfriend thing, am going to be forever alone with my cats :wink:

If for some reason you meet NO new people over the summer, give me an inbox, I'll keep ya company, I might have to take a gap year as I may have really ****ed up one of my modules so I'll probably be in the same position as you next year...

FOR A WHOLE YEAR. :afraid:
Reply 17
Original post by J_W-x
I don't think you can just rent one for the summer, I don't think it works like that

Hahaahah! I'm sure you can have a summer fling you know, I wouldn't be closed to the idea of it.
Reply 18

Hahah, I'm sure you won't be :smile: someone for everyone out there for everyone.... I hope haha
same position as me only i took up going to the gym haha why dont you try that? and what university are you going to ?

Latest

Trending

Trending