The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Guardian article is kind of expected. I would think Barca will want to try to convince Thiago to stay. Personally, I don't think they can offer him the game time, even with an ageing Xavi and Iniesta, Fabregas still isn't getting the time in the midfield. With the arrival of Neymar and Messi 2 of the front 3 spots are closed off, with Villa, Pedro and Sanchez on the other. With Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, even Song providing something different competition is stiff in the middle. As Barca showed with Fabregas if a player is good enough they'll buy him back. I don't really see what Thiago has to lose by moving, but Barca do like to play that family line when it suits them.
Need signings to be honest Moyes. I'm worried about falling behind. The dream signing would be Ronaldo or Bale, but if not I'd want Strootman, Lewandowski, Baines and Thiago Alcantara.
Original post by Aky786UK
No chance of that, primarily with Thiago being WAY better looking the Chadwick :wink: , who, my brother said looked like a drug addict.

I wonder where Chadwick has gone.

Luke Chadwick was England's Channing Tatum... :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Musester
I think if you've got any chance of becoming a proffessional footballer, you've got to be able to pass the ball with both feet. Your point is null.

I´m not talking about simple short passes. I´m talking about well timed trough balls, well placed crosses etc.
Kagawa can do all of them with both feet, that´s NOT something every professional player can do.
What the **** thiagi
Original post by ledleyking123
What the **** thiagi

Don't be awfully surprised if he stays at Barcelona!
I will be after the last two days
Original post by ledleyking123
I will be after the last two days

You probably wont like to hear that we wont do anything now until Monday (if anything were to happen) because i'm pretty sure we have to announce such things to the stock market first
Thats true, though an Ecuadorian sports paper is declaring the deals officially done - doubt that though haha
Original post by Whitechapel
Thats true, though an Ecuadorian sports paper is declaring the deals officially done - doubt that though haha

Unless Antonio wrote the article, I won't believe it
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Unless Antonio wrote the article, I won't believe it

Well in truth its only on their twitter account, and article hasn't been written yet - so dodgy ahah. 360deportes this is.
Reply 5452
Guardian says Thiago would rather stay at barca with assurances of playing time, and Thiagos dad met with Rossell about a new contract for him (there is a pic on twitter) looks like it was a ploy to get a new better contract and more playing time and Thiago will stay at Barca.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by rohitbd
Guardian says Thiago would rather stay at barca with assurances of playing time, and Thiagos dad met with Rossell about a new contract for him (there is a pic on twitter) looks like it was a ploy to get a new better contract and more playing time and Thiago will stay at Barca.

Really? As far as all the other papers saying Thiago is close to signing? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rohitbd

Independent say Thiago is very close to signing for us, the newspapers are just rehashing old bits of news I think.

Aparently the pic was taken at some Futsal competition.
Reply 5455
Original post by DH1'
Would Strootman and Baines really improve the team? Baines would cost in the region of 13-18m which would be far too expensive when Evra's good for one more season.

Baines is nearly 29 anyway, which is around the age full backs typically begin to fall apart. I am a bit wary of our LB situation though, since no one seems up to replacing Evra & he's been so-so these last few years. But it's not really our priority right now, Evra's still alright like you said, and the cover will probably suffice.
Reply 5456
wouldnt mind getting luke shaw as a long term replacement for evra.
Reply 5457
Original post by Malevolent
Really? As far as all the other papers saying Thiago is close to signing? :confused:

It sells papers, remember the Sneijder transfer.

Original post by DaveSmith99
Independent say Thiago is very close to signing for us, the newspapers are just rehashing old bits of news I think.

Aparently the pic was taken at some Futsal competition.

Dunno but I'm not to confident of him signing anymore, how many times has this happened where players use other clubs interest to get better contracts.
Original post by rohitbd
It sells papers, remember the Sneijder transfer.

Dunno but I'm not to confident of him signing anymore, how many times has this happened where players use other clubs interest to get better contracts.

He wants playing time not a better contract from us though?

Haha :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5459
Original post by DH1'
Would Strootman and Baines really improve the team? Strootman seemed very overrated from what i saw of him at the U21's this summer, and dutch people i spoke to feel the same. Baines would cost in the region of 13-18m which would be far too expensive when Evra's good for one more season. Thiago would be the ideal signing and i can see the appeal of Lewandowski if Rooney goes, but not the other two.

Who is the 3rd woman in your sig?

Latest