The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^^ is definitely wrong
^ is right

:ahee:
^cheers brah :h:
Reply 6042
Original post by The Epicurean
I have noticed one of two things on TSR. Criticise Christianity, get uber rep, criticise Islam, get uber neg rep. Although thankfully that has started to change somewhat in past few months.

I always find poetry difficult to read and also it fails to move me as well. Who is big Shake? :holmes:
I have to agree that when spoken with enthusiasm and passion, poetry can sound a lot better :yep: For example, if you try and read Shakespear, it just sounds horrible, whereas when spoken in a play, it sounds a lot better. But that said, I still can't understand Shakespear and am not a fan :colonhash:

Well, Christianity is an easy target isn't it :mmm:
Shakespeare is big shake, that's how I call him :yep: Him and I go way back :yep: I've only read three of his stuff - R&J, Macbeth and Othello - the latter I've also seen the play, made much more sense :mmm: Perhaps we are mere plebs unable to grasp the beauty of those words :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ suuup, fellow ex Cardiff resident!
^^^^ I'm wrong that I don't think I'm right? :curious: :erm:
Original post by Stevo F
^^^^ I'm wrong that I don't think I'm right? :curious: :erm:

No you just wrong :tongue:
Reply 6046
Happy Smurf Day everyone :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
Well, Christianity is an easy target isn't it :mmm:
Shakespeare is big shake, that's how I call him :yep: Him and I go way back :yep: I've only read three of his stuff - R&J, Macbeth and Othello - the latter I've also seen the play, made much more sense :mmm: Perhaps we are mere plebs unable to grasp the beauty of those words :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True true :mmm: Plus as an ex-christian, it is the religion I know most about and so it is easier for me to criticise :colone:

Oh, big shake is shakespear :lol: I've never actually read any of Shakespears works. I know at school we were supposed to be I never did as I could never understand it :emo: Yes, we must be mere plebeians :getmecoat:

However we are not alone in disliking Shakespear. Tolstoy who in considered one of the greatest writers hated Shakespear also :smug: He said he read all of Shakespears works in Russian, German and English, and he thought it was a load of rubbish :mmm:
Original post by ipoop
Happy Smurf Day everyone :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy Smurf day to you too :smurf:
Original post by Stevo F
If I'm wrong then he wouldn't have to apply by early October :hmmm:

You jeljel? :lol:

:h:

I'll take you out Bee :colone: Tomorrow at 6? :teeth:
I'm never jealous :plz2:

Ooo yes pls :puppyeyes:

Original post by Malevolent

Its you silly remember ? :ahee:

I bet you're 22 :tongue:
I do not remember agreeing to this :hmmmm2:

Why 22? :beard: Do I give off 22 vibez? :holmes:

:colonhash:
Original post by beeninetytwo
I'm never jealous :plz2:

Ooo yes pls :puppyeyes:

I do not remember agreeing to this :hmmmm2:

Why 22? :beard: Do I give off 22 vibez? :holmes:

:colonhash:

Fine no date then :sad:
Reply 6051
Original post by The Epicurean
True true :mmm: Plus as an ex-christian, it is the religion I know most about and so it is easier for me to criticise :colone:

Oh, big shake is shakespear :lol: I've never actually read any of Shakespears works. I know at school we were supposed to be I never did as I could never understand it :emo: Yes, we must be mere plebeians :getmecoat:

However we are not alone in disliking Shakespear. Tolstoy who in considered one of the greatest writers hated Shakespear also :smug: He said he read all of Shakespears works in Russian, German and English, and he thought it was a load of rubbish :mmm:

True, I can bash Christianity because I know it :colone:

:ahee: Good on him, tell you what, he duking was dedicated, to have read them in 3 languages :colonhash:

What are your views on D'à Vinci? :beard: as a painter, not an inventor. Personally, having seen Lisa in full view, I don't see the hype :holmes: The so called "Mystery" behind her smile :rolleyes: Of course she was smiling, she basically was having her picture taken, without someone in the background mooning :rolleyes: Also, I find it funny how someone that was probably a homosexual, painted one of the Church's most recognisable piece (the supper :mmm:) doesn't irony strike in comical places :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Old enough :perv:
o i c :yep:

You did find out before :mmm: Nope :nah: Not yet anyway:moon:

Meh. S'alright :dontknow: I want to go out :sad:

Oh bee you charmer! :mmm:
You be cheating on your husband? :hmmm:

I thought you were at a uni age? How old are you then? :colone:
It's raining here...wouldn't be nice to go out... :sad:
Reply 6053
Original post by ranbow99
Happy Smurf day to you too :smurf:

Did you go to Westfield? :beard:
I really wish I could :sigh:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Fine no date then :sad:
OMG I didn't say no :grumble:

Date pls :puppyeyes:

Original post by boumavilla
Oh bee you charmer! :mmm:
You be cheating on your husband? :hmmm:
Me? :flutter:
Pretty sure we're polygamous or someth :dontknow:
Original post by boumavilla
I thought you were at a uni age? How old are you then? :colone:
It's raining here...wouldn't be nice to go out... :sad:
I am of age :ninjagirl:

Spoiler

OMG I didn't say no :grumble:

Date pls :puppyeyes:

Me? :flutter:
Pretty sure we're polygamous or someth :dontknow:
I am of age :ninjagirl:

Spoiler

You accepted a date with someone else bee nine and forgot all about me :cry2:
You accepted a date with someone else bee nine and forgot all about me :cry2:

It's only a date :rolleyes:
It's not like we're exclusive or something :fan:

I hadn't forgotten you :bigsmile:
Original post by ipoop
True, I can bash Christianity because I know it :colone:

:ahee: Good on him, tell you what, he duking was dedicated, to have read them in 3 languages :colonhash:

What are your views on D'à Vinci? :beard: as a painter, not an inventor. Personally, having seen Lisa in full view, I don't see the hype :holmes: The so called "Mystery" behind her smile :rolleyes: Of course she was smiling, she basically was having her picture taken, without someone in the background mooning :rolleyes: Also, I find it funny how someone that was probably a homosexual, painted one of the Church's most recognisable piece (the supper :mmm:) doesn't irony strike in comical places :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He read all of Shakespears works in his native Russian and then criticised his works. But like when you read the Quran in english and then criticise it, you get told that you have read it in the wrong language :colonhash: So he had to read it all over again just to prove a point >_<

Not really a fan of Da Vinci tbh :mmm:
Tbh, I think homosexuals have played quite a large part within the Catholic church over the years :colonhash: So it's doesn't surprise me at all that one of the churchs most recognisable peices of art was by a homosexual :mmm:
It's only a date :rolleyes:
It's not like we're exclusive or something :fan:

I hadn't forgotten you :bigsmile:

Your attitude makes me sad I thought I meant more than that.

You did :frown:
Your attitude makes me sad I thought I meant more than that.

You did :frown:

I'm sorry :flowers: I didn't mean to make you sad :no:

OMG you do :puppyeyes: I totally hadn't forgotten about you:nah: I was refreshing the page waiting for you to reply :mmm: You were always at the back of my mind :moon:

Latest