The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
Elliot was speaking German on Scrubs this morning!
Meiner Meinung nach ist Niederländisch viel leichter zu verstehen! :frown:

Just typing in 'nieuws Nederland' in YouTube:

Grijgrijgrigijaaregijeigraaruragrevarijgagggg :confused: :frown:
Original post by constantmeowage

lolage. Dutch is not that bad though! I'll get on my laptop and give you the transscript later :colone:
lolage. Dutch is not that bad though! I'll get on my laptop and give you the transscript later :colone:

But in German, the syllables are separated out and more accentuated. In Dutch, it's like your mouth isn't moving at all :tongue:

En dank je voor dat :P ik heb bijna niets kunnen begrijpen. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Which one is more of a turn on, people? :wink:
A) "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?" - French
B) "Wollen Sie heute Abend mit mir schlafen?" - German
C) "Wil jij vanavond met mij naar bed?" - Dutch
D) "Oohó mayva ba lowyeh w'otana?" - Edo
E) "Ych chi'n moyn cysgu gyda fi heno?" - Welsh
F) "Right-or, Amar log-air goo-my-thai-nee?" - Bengali
Don't you think we all know each other too well to discuss that kind of thing? It'll be embarrassing!

Anyway not French, because that line starts the song Lady Marmalade to repeat through my head over and over, and that has about the same erotic quality as this Weebl song [video]http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/annoying/[/video] or Crazy Frog
[video="youtube;Vju2pyqXBLg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vju2pyqXBLg[/video]
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Don't you think we all know each other too well to discuss that kind of thing? It'll be embarrassing!

Anyway not French, because that line starts the song Lady Marmalade to repeat through my head over and over, and that has about the same erotic quality as this Weebl song [video]http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/annoying/[/video] or Crazy Frog
[video="youtube;Vju2pyqXBLg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vju2pyqXBLg[/video]

LOLOLOL Christina Ageluira is the only reason why I can say that French sentence!

Aber die walisischen-Version ist sehr geil! :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Een hele goeie morgen, u kijkt naar de tv-west-nieuws van disdag negentien maart. Mijn naam is Naval Pakali.
De twee jonge mannen die vrijdag in Leiden een scheidsrechter molesteerden, blijven langer vast zitten. Dat heeft de rechter komisaris besloten. Het duo mishandelde de scheids na een vriendschapelijke potje zaalvoetbal.

De twee broers van 15 en 20 jaar waren het niet eens met de beslissingen van de scheidsrechter. De 21 jarige man uit Leiderdorp hield er een dubbele kaakbreuk en een zwaar gekneusde neus aan over.
Het slachtoffer is een stagiar van de jeugdwerkorganisatie die de wedstrijd had georganiseerd. Het is al de twede mishandeling van een scheidsrechter in onze regio deze maand.

(without spelling checks) :tongue:

I've only done the first story! Try doing the rest of it, alleen? :wink: :tongue:

Een hele goeie morgen, u kijkt naar de tv-west-nieuws van dinsdag negentien maart. Mijn naam is Naval Pakali.
De twee jonge mannen die vrijdag in Leiden een scheidsrechter molesteerden, blijven langer vast zitten. Dat heeft de rechter commisaris besloten. Het duo mishandelde de scheids na een vriendschapelijke potje zaal voetbal.

A very good morning, you are watching the TV West News of Tuesday, the 19th of March. My name is Naval Pakali.
The two teenagers who molested a referee in the town of 'Leiden' on Friday will be held imprisoned (for a longer period than expected) That's what the magistrate judge has decided. The duo abused the referee, after a friendly indoor game of football.

De twee broers van 15 en 20 jaar waren het niet eens met de beslissingen van de scheidsrechter. De 21 jarige man uit Leiderdorp hield er een dubbele kaakbreuk en een zwaar gekneusde neus aan over.
Het slachtoffer is een stagiar van de jeugdwerkorganisatie die de wedstrijd had georganiseerd. Het is al de twede mishandeling van een scheidsrechter in onze regio deze maand.

The two brothers aged 15 and 20, did not agree with the decisions of the referee. As a consequence, the 21 year old man from 'Leiderdorp' now has a double jaw fracture and a badly bruised nose.The victim is an intern of the youth organization that had organized the competition. This is the 2nd time a referee has been assaulted in our region this month.

Begrijp je het nu? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
I've only done the first story! Try doing the rest of it, alleen? :wink: :tongue:

Een hele goeie morgen, u kijkt naar de tv-west-nieuws van disdag negentien maart. Mijn naam is Naval Pakali.
De twee jonge mannen die vrijdag in Leiden een scheidsrechter molesteerden, blijven langer vast zitten. Dat heeft de rechter commisaris besloten. Het duo mishandelde de scheids na een vriendschapelijke potje zaal voetbal.

A very good morning, you are watching the TV West News of Tuesday, the 19th of March. My name is Naval Pakali.
The two teenagers who molested a referee in the town of 'Leiden' on Friday will be held imprisoned (for a longer period than expected) That's what the magistrate judge has decided. The duo abused the referee, after a friendly indoor game of football.

The two brothers aged 15 and 20, did not agree with the decision of the referee. As a consequence, the 21 year old man from 'Leiderdorp' now has a double jaw fracture and a badly bruised nose.The victim is an intern of the youth organization that had organized the competition. This is the 2nd time a referee has been assaulted in our region this month.

Begrijp je het nu? :wink:

Dank je wel! It's really annoying, when I'm listening and reading, I can hear all the words, but without them it's just ggggggggggggg :frown:
Dank je wel! It's really annoying, when I'm listening and reading, I can hear all the words, but without them it's just ggggggggggggg :frown:

That's how I feel with German...:rolleyes: I can only make sense of it when it's spoken really slowly...and if they don't diverge from standard language! ^^

Now you can feel my pain! haha
Graag gedaan! :biggrin:
That's how I feel with German...:rolleyes: I can only make sense of it when it's spoken really slowly...and if they don't diverge from standard language! ^^

Now you can feel my pain! haha
Graag gedaan! :biggrin:

But German is so much more stressed and...ausgesprochen... Dutch just sounds like someone shivering (in an endearing way :tongue:)

Although...
But German is so much more stressed and...ausgesprochen... Dutch just sounds like someone shivering (in an endearing way :tongue:)

Although...

YOU THINK!? :zomg:
Lool! I'm very happy to remain completely ignorant to the southern dialects for the time being, danke schoen! :L

Could you translate the first bit of that other video into Deutsch? Or is it too adavanced for you??? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Danish is also a bit like Dutch in that sense...from what I've heard :wink:
Lool! I'm very happy to remain completely ignorant to the southern dialects for the time being, danke schoen! :L

Could you translate the first bit of that other video into Deutsch? Or is it too adavanced for you??? :wink:

What, the story about the molesters? I can try, but I can't promise it'll be 100% accurate. :tongue: Octopus_Garden would be more accurate, I'm sure. :wink: :tongue:
What, the story about the molesters? I can try, but I can't promise it'll be 100% accurate. :tongue: Octopus_Garden would be more accurate, I'm sure. :wink: :tongue:

Ich glaube an dich, constantmeowage! Versuchst du es zu uhmm translaten! :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Any Russian learners on here wanting to be a pen pal?

Looking for someone who I can share my progress every day with, what words I've learned, use phrases, learn from them, talk about where I'd like to travel etc etc
Octopus can't understand Dutch at all, and she's busy doing French (and making dinner).

Octopus versteht überhaupt kein Niederländisch! Sie lernt gerade Französisch und sie muss die Hauptmahlzeit machen.

EDIT: molesteerden means molested? Really? They sexually assaulted a ref?
(edited 10 years ago)
Ich glaube an dich, constantmeowage! Versuchst du es zu uhmm translaten! :colondollar:

Übersetzen? :P I can only try... :s

Guten Morgen, Sie schauen TV-West-Nachrichten von Dienstag, dem neunzehnten März an. Mein Name ist Naval Paliki.

Die zwei Teenager, die am Freitag einen Schiedsrichter in Leiden belästigt haben, werden länger inhaftiert werden. Das ist die Entscheidung des Friedensrichters. Das Duo hat den Schiedsrichter nach einem Freundschaftshallenfußballspiel angegriffen.

Die zwei Brüder, mit 15 und 20 Jahren, hatten nicht mit der Entscheidung des Schiedsrichters zugestimmt. Der 21-jährige Mann aus Leiderdorp hat folglich jetzt einen Doppelkieferbruch und schwere blaue Flecke auf der Nase. Das Opfer ist Praktikant von dem Jugendverband, der den Wettbewerb organisiert hatte. Es ist der zweite Überfall auf einen Schiedsrichter in diesem Monat in unserem Gebiet.

I have no clue how accurate that is, I'm not German. :tongue: Ronove? Hilfe? :tongue:

Also I'm not sure if they actually sexually molested them? Otherwise I need to change and add some words...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Octopus can't understand Dutch at all, and she's busy doing French (and making dinner).

Octopus versteht überhaupt kein Niederländisch! Sie lernt gerade Französisch und sie muss die Hauptmahlzeit machen.

EDIT: molesteerden means molested? Really? They sexually assaulted a ref?

Even when the English is underneath...? :wink:
Hej, hur är alla gör?
Original post by SuperSauce
Hej, hur är alla gör?

Välkomna! Jag är bra, tack. Hur gör du?

Latest

Trending

Trending