The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/moyes-told-mazinho-he-wants-thiago-to-be-his-new-arteta-at-manche

Sportwitness who are decent on twitter and such at not speaking bull**** and calling out stupid rumours etc. Posted this about recent Sport article/s and Moyes' involvement in the potential transfer

There are many articles in both England and Spain today the possibility of Thiago moving to Manchester United, in Spain they mainly cover the wages the player would be getting if he moved and there are some claims he's been offered just over €4m a year and others that it's more like €6m, which the player is stated as wanting. If Thiago does eventually leave then the Barcelona press will no doubt label him as greedy, because those kind of figures aren't thrown around for young La Masia products at the Camp Nou.

However, Sport have a big article on how Moyes sees Thiago at his new Manchester United and reckon they know what was said between the new man in charge at Old Trafford and Mazinho, Thiago's father. They say, at least in this article, that it wasn't money which convinced Mazinho or a guarantee of first team football, or any specific explanation of him leading the team forward, it was simply a conversation about Mikel Arteta.

Moyes is said to have told Mazinho 'I want him to be like the Arteta I had at Everton', obviously that doesn't mean winning nothing and getting no international recognition before a cut-price move to Arsenal, but more of an explanation of the role Moyes sees Thiago taking.

Mazinho was by all accounts impressed by this and sees how Moyes helped the career of Arteta and mould him into the protagonist of Everton's midfield. Being that at Manchester Untied would be on a higher level completely and that's where the attraction lies for Mazinho and his son. They know Moyes understands the player and his role, and the Arteta situation has given them extra confidence that the new Manchester United manager knows what he's doing when it comes to Spanish players of that type,

Sport say that Moyes has played a huge role in the effort to convince Mazinho and Thiago, and will be a big part of the reason he joins, if the deal is completed. The newspaper concede, in this one article (they'll probably change their minds if the move happens), that Thiago isn't moving for money, although Manchester United are offering more than Barcelona would. They say it's the promise of a prominent role and the explanation Moyes has put across about Thiago being his new Arteta. They label the chance to be the protagonist of Manchester United's midfield 'priceless'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5461
Original post by DH1'
Karen David. Played Francesca Montoya in Waterloo Road.

Oh **** it is her, some photoshop **** right there, looks nothing like her!

But still, she is hot lol
I think
We will
Defo sign him
Original post by ledleyking123
I think
We will
Defo sign him

Not if Barcelona promise first team football it won't.
Original post by Whitechapel
Not if Barcelona promise first team football it won't.

Not sure how we can do that that would guarantee first team knowing Vilanova he will say that then go back on his word.
Original post by Malevolent
Not sure how we can do that that would guarantee first team knowing Vilanova he will say that then go back on his word.

I think as long as Moyes talks to him and goes along the route of playing for WC14 and his role in making Arteta the player he was before his Arsenal move. I reckon Moyes really would start him most games
Kagawa v Hernandez time
Neymar vs Balotelli!
Graham hunter saying thiago coming we
Are in
Process of
Doing personality checks
Are in
Process of
Doing personality checks

You're such a redcafe reader
Are in
Process of
Doing personality checks

Personality checks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the hell are personality checks hahaha
He was on talksporT
Basically he said United had been ringing around, talking to people who know him to find out what he is like etc. (i presume to find out if he is particularly arrogant etc)

Don't really get why, we've apparently been interested for a good two years so you would think we would have a clue what he is like or what people think of him etc
Anyone watching Confed Cup? Chicha just scored a quality goal.... :moon:

Got 2 but was gutted to see him miss the penalty:frown: Ah well reckon Moyes will give him a bigger role at the club this year.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5475
Original post by cheetahs56
Anyone watching Confed Cup? Chicha just scored a quality goal.... :moon:

Got 2 but was gutted to see him miss the penalty:frown: Ah well reckon Moyes will give him a bigger role at the club this year.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hes such a poacher, probably has one of the best international records in world football. Cant think of any strikers who score more than 2 in every 3 games for their countries.
Original post by Brainiac
Hes such a poacher, probably has one of the best international records in world football. Cant think of any strikers who score more than 2 in every 3 games for their countries.

Yup, better than Messi internationally. He's a guy nobody can hate no matter who you support.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5477
Original post by cheetahs56
Yup, better than Messi internationally. He's a guy nobody can hate no matter who you support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think rooney has a similiar record as messi for their respective coutries, about 35 goals in 80ish appearances. If people think rooney under performs for England imagine what the argentines think of messi- although i think he is improving (probably because Maradona has gone along with the chaos that surrounds him).
I think rooney has a similiar record as messi for their respective coutries, about 35 goals in 80ish appearances. If people think rooney under performs for England imagine what the argentines think of messi- although i think he is improving (probably because Maradona has gone along with the chaos that surrounds him).

Messi doesn't play as an out and out striker with Argentina his job is to link that midfield and Attack.

Incredible really. Neymar's had a decent start too, to his international career.

Latest