The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
That's a shame! Is your knee issue just current or chronic? Also, if I may ask, are you even fat or do you just perceive yourself as fat?

she is not fat :colonhash: I can tell you that for certain, and if she is reading this she knows she isn't at all and she is fab!
Reply 2941
I wonder how long you can get away with being a **** before people call you out on it and realise it isn't your health it's just you.
I wonder how past the scale of selfish it is to keep secretly hoping that the answer is never.
Original post by avhhs

I do listen to music sometimes but I'm not bothered about the specifics. And I watch cricket too. I am thinking about taking up something but not sure what.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Table tennis and/or Badminton. Hugely fun.
Reply 2943
Original post by Kindred
Congratulations! That's really good :biggrin:
A lot of the time people who are doing well can think they're doing badly just cos they can know what little bits they're missing while not realising the mass that they've already put in. If you can do that well when you're feeling like this just imagine what you could do when you're feeling better. It's wonderful that you still managed to do so well when you were feeling so bad, you have a lot of strength to be able to do that. Keep at trying to feel better. Now that you have that first you can give a lot more focus to yourself and your wellbeing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 08batee
A massive congratulations! :smile: That's absolutely incredible, you should be incrediblyk incredibly proud of yourself. :jumphug:

Original post by PonchoKid
congratulations :biggrin: thats really good.
so pleased for you :smile:

Hey but that's great! Imagine what you achieved even though you had a horrible year, you should be proud of yourself!

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That's our asdfgah! :awesome: :woo: :yeah: :crazy: :cool: :party: :macarena: :banana: :ahee: :dance:

Original post by Sultana
Mega well done, that's awesome. :jumphug:

Original post by Deyesy
I don't even care. That is bloody amazing! A 1st would be difficult for anyone at university to get. A 1st with MH problems is just incredible and is most definitely deserved :yes:

Thanks guys (not sure if I quoted everyone, got a bit confused in the multi-quoting over multiple pages, but this is meant to be directed to all of you).

I don't think I'd be alive without various things, one of which is the support from people in this group, so you felt like the right people to share it with. Have verified and the result is definitely real, so now I just need to find someone to celebrate with rather than sitting in front of the computer on my own. :colondollar:
Reply 2944
Okay, so housemate no.1 is leaving tomorrow morning.
Think I feel quite sad about it. Even though at times she has been a complete dick over some mental health stuff, that was all stuff that was my fault anyway and she's been mostly lovely to me.
Am definitely going to miss her.

This is weird.

All my housemates are going to be gone in a week though, and then I have at least 2 weeks by myself before new people move in.
One girl has dropped out and apparently it is my responsibility to find a replacement but that is clearly not happening. Find it weird that people keep on at me to do stuff future related when that is just absurd. Really don't understand how you are meant to look ahead and do difficult things for it.
Original post by asdfgah
Thanks guys (not sure if I quoted everyone, got a bit confused in the multi-quoting over multiple pages, but this is meant to be directed to all of you).

I don't think I'd be alive without various things, one of which is the support from people in this group, so you felt like the right people to share it with. Have verified and the result is definitely real, so now I just need to find someone to celebrate with rather than sitting in front of the computer on my own. :colondollar:

hey, just wanted to add my congrats :smile: repped you earlier but been busy so not had a chance to reply direct till now :smile: hope you are good as well!
Reply 2946
Original post by asdfgah

Enormous well done to you :woo: :smile: :grouphugs:
Reply 2947
Am meant to be helping said housemate transfer her stuff downstairs. Made one trip, then started crying at how exhausted I am and am hiding again.
Jesus what the **** is wrong with me. I am so broken.
Could everyone send me good vibes? Coz I'm really in quite a dangerous place right now and poor asdfgah is having to deal with me. Actually, send asdfgah some good vibes too

:bawling:
Original post by Sultana
Am meant to be helping said housemate transfer her stuff downstairs. Made one trip, then started crying at how exhausted I am and am hiding again.
Jesus what the **** is wrong with me. I am so broken.

Why did you now want to help the housemate?
Could everyone send me good vibes? Coz I'm really in quite a dangerous place right now and poor asdfgah is having to deal with me. Actually, send asdfgah some good vibes too

Ellen is always good vibe:

Reply 2951

:jumphug:

Original post by danny111
Why did you now want to help the housemate?

I do want to help her. She's lovely. I'm just ****.
So stuck with my dissertation and it's due on Monday. Feeling a bit stupid for not understanding the programming tutorials :frown:
Now that it's the summer holidays I have decided to embark on projects to keep me focused. I'm starting by sorting the DVDs and then I'll move onto photos and my bedroom. By the end of this holiday (and my gap year hopefully) I aim to have a new room (bed, wardrobe, shelves- everything) and to have organised the DVD and photo collection to make it easier. That should keep me busy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, you're NOT a failure at all. You're a lovely guy who's had a lot of knocks in life and who has problems that mean he can fulfill his potential. That does NOT make you a failure though. Be kinder to yourself! :jumphug:

I really am :frown: just figured out that I am kinda screwed cause my mum can't afford me to live at home so I have to sort out housing for me and my girlfriend cause she needs somewhere to stay as well so we are gonna sort out that together but it's all really complicated and confusing and stuff :s-smilie:

plus I have to sort out other benefits so I have money to actually live off and then what on earth to do my future :s-smilie:

actually panicking and don't know what to do, my girlfriends trying to keep me calm but I just feel like it's all too much for me to figure out :frown:
Original post by Sultana
:jumphug:

I do want to help her. She's lovely. I'm just ****.

No, what do you feel when you stop helping her? I say no for example because it would make me uncomfortable.

A million good vibes to you both :console:
Reply 2957
Original post by danny111
No, what do you feel when you stop helping her? I say no for example because it would make me uncomfortable.

I feel bad.
I feel guilty and selfish and horrible for not doing this one small task for her because I should be able to and it's beyond ridiculous that I can't.
I feel useless. I feel completely broken beyond repair. I can't even carry a few boxes without dissolving.
Reply 2958
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I know that feeling all too well mate - 11 years I got bullied for my hair colour, it only stopped when I ran away from everything, moved to a new school and isolated myself - between 16 and 18 I had no human contact, I lived within my books.

However, going to uni is a chance for a fresh start, some people will be judgemental jackasses, unfortunately those people exist in all walks of life, but it's unlikely anyone there will already know you, you're all in the same boat and at uni you can be whoever you want to be, and there will be people there who will accept and like you for it.

:jumphug: People are so horrible sometimes :mad:. I hope uni is a fresh start and gets rid of the isolation I'm currently suffering. Won't be easy though unfortunately because of some past experiences :sad:. Hope things are better for you these days though :smile:

Lol, will take a look at that :yep:

Original post by Deyesy

Well cricket is definitely an interest :yes: Especially with all the cricket there's going to be this summer. Start with cricket and go from there with conversation with people? What do you mean you're 'not bothered about the specifics' of music?

Yeah loads of cricket coming up :tongue:. Sorry, not meant to post that last bit, thought I got rid of it :colondollar:. I meant like knowledge of artists and bands etc. :smile:

Table tennis and/or Badminton. Hugely fun.

I used to be just about half-decent at badminton :yep:. Sadly I stopped playing completely (only played a little bit in the first place) but now I'm completely unfit and need to work on that first. In fact my dad said that me and him should start going to the gym together, so there is a start I think.
Reply 2959
So awfully stupid and useless. Really need someone but then I don't have words. I feel like such a burden

Latest