The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
If you're taking up the sport now you're going to pick a team with a franchise QB at the helm aren't you? Who wants to back the team with Blaine Gabbert or Brandon Weeden or Sam Bradford at the helm.

They also have a decent chance of getting on Sky Sports in their own merit. The only time a team with a weak QB is going to get on is a) when they're trying to hype the Jags game at Wembley or b) when a star player is on the other team.

You should do the put 32 teams on a dart board and throw blindfolded method and pray you don't hit the Jags :laugh:
Reply 6361
Original post by Malevolent
You should do the put 32 teams on a dart board and throw blindfolded method and pray you don't hit the Jags :laugh:

Or the Jets. The only underdog team I wouldn't be at all aggrieved with is the Chiefs I just fancy them to have a good rebuild! I might put them in like a random generator, my mate who went to the States for uni did that for all the American sports, I think he pulled Ravens NFL, Mets MLB, Blackhawks NHL, Celtics NBA
Original post by Wattsy
Or the Jets. The only underdog team I wouldn't be at all aggrieved with is the Chiefs I just fancy them to have a good rebuild! I might put them in like a random generator, my mate who went to the States for uni did that for all the American sports, I think he pulled Ravens NFL, Mets MLB, Blackhawks NHL, Celtics NBA

I have a soft spot for the Chiefs not to mention they have such a good stadium for fans and such Insane atmosphere.
I thought everybody would be in hibernation.it looks like my city of LA is getting new football team soon
Original post by emobambam
I thought everybody would be in hibernation.it looks like my city of LA is getting new football team soon

Must be kidding we're all freaking stoked.
Oh damn Aaron Hernandez warrant out for his arrest. Cops worried he could do a runner.

Looking real grim...
Reply 6366
Oh damn Aaron Hernandez warrant out for his arrest. Cops worried he could do a runner.

Looking real grim...

Hernandez is one of my favourite players, being a Pats fan and all, and I'm hoping it isn't true, all that's been said, for his sake and the team's sake.

Even if he does prove to be innocent, he's going to have this hanging over the head for the rest of his career at least, and it may affect his football in years to come. We'll see though.

With Gronk likely to be out at the beginning of the season (even if he does recover he's going to be so out of shape, and he hasn't been able to lift for months(in before does he even lift?)) and Tebow being drafted (:cry:), this season isn't shaping up as well as I'd hoped it would.
Original post by Funtry
Hernandez is one of my favourite players, being a Pats fan and all, and I'm hoping it isn't true, all that's been said, for his sake and the team's sake.

Even if he does prove to be innocent, he's going to have this hanging over the head for the rest of his career at least, and it may affect his football in years to come. We'll see though.

With Gronk likely to be out at the beginning of the season (even if he does recover he's going to be so out of shape, and he hasn't been able to lift for months(in before does he even lift?)) and Tebow being drafted (:cry:), this season isn't shaping up as well as I'd hoped it would.

I love Hernandez but it looks so bad for him right now. If its true why did he throw it all away. New wife and baby girl only recently...

If hes innocent great but I think Bill right now is going to be absolutely seething. So many distractions from him.

Gronk I'm not so worried about. Reports indicate he should be okay for week one and even then if he needs a few more weeks to get into shape its okay our first 3 games are Buffalo, Buccs and the Jets all winnable games. Don't forget Brady has had worse receiving cast and still done well. Gronk has 6 weeks to not do anything on his back then another 5-6 weeks to strengthen it and such.

What Bill did to Tebow :rofl:

Is it bad a I laughed?
Reply 6369
I don't like the Pats but this is not the way you want to see a franchise crash. I'm predicting a horrible season for the Pats, the usually quiet media around the team might really put them off their game.
Original post by Wattsy
I don't like the Pats but this is not the way you want to see a franchise crash. I'm predicting a horrible season for the Pats, the usually quiet media around the team might really put them off their game.

We play in the AFC east that should automatically help us haha. Too early to predict a crash. Hernandez wont play again with us but Gronkowski's not out for the whole season. Not to mention our defense has improved tremendously so much so that its probably looking better then our offense right now.

:rofl:
Reply 6372
We play in the AFC east that should automatically help us haha. Too early to predict a crash. Hernandez wont play again with us but Gronkowski's not out for the whole season. Not to mention our defense has improved tremendously so much so that its probably looking better then our offense right now.

Yeah your division is terrible at the minute so that should be at least 3 freebies with 5/6 perfectly possible. I'm playing Madden CC with the Vikings to fill time currently and my division annoys the hell out of me. CJJ just catching bombs one week, to Urlacher killing my run game the next and Rodgers just being unstoppable until you intercept one of his passes!

I may have been premature looking at it again, I can't see them having the best of seasons, crash may be a bit far.
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah your division is terrible at the minute so that should be at least 3 freebies with 5/6 perfectly possible. I'm playing Madden CC with the Vikings to fill time currently and my division annoys the hell out of me. CJJ just catching bombs one week, to Urlacher killing my run game the next and Rodgers just being unstoppable until you intercept one of his passes!

I may have been premature looking at it again, I can't see them having the best of seasons, crash may be a bit far.

Yeah haha I still think we're better then the Dolphins so Playoffs should be attainable. Are you a coach or player haha?
Reply 6374
Yeah haha I still think we're better then the Dolphins so Playoffs should be attainable. Are you a coach or player haha?

Coach this time, I just finished season 2 and lost in the wildcard to the Chargers, the year before I lost the divisional to the Panthers somehow. Just drafted me a new quarterback because Christian Ponder was creating too much swearing and rage. Had to trade 2 first draft picks to someone to do it but I'm sure my Mum will think it was worth it!
Original post by Wattsy
Coach this time, I just finished season 2 and lost in the wildcard to the Chargers, the year before I lost the divisional to the Panthers somehow. Just drafted me a new quarterback because Christian Ponder was creating too much swearing and rage. Had to trade 2 first draft picks to someone to do it but I'm sure my Mum will think it was worth it!

Ahhh nice I started off as a CB for the Patriots in my 4th season now. 91 Overall man to man. Its a little boring sometimes because they just don't throw my way...
Reply 6376
Ahhh nice I started off as a CB for the Patriots in my 4th season now. 91 Overall man to man. Its a little boring sometimes because they just don't throw my way...

Yeah I have an MLB on Seahawks and I have to make like 5 tackles a game... I'm thinking the reason that the Seahawks haven't really addressed their MLB problem is because the rest of their defense is solid. I spent a lot of time standing around. That's why I'm playing coach, no standing around, I usually play MLB on man coverage because I suck at man coverage and safety or corner on zones, One of my safeties has like 92 hit power and big hitter trait so the occasional fumble keeps me interested, when I can't be bothered defending there's always defensive end too and actually my d tackle loves to steamroll centers so he's fairly interesting.
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah I have an MLB on Seahawks and I have to make like 5 tackles a game... I'm thinking the reason that the Seahawks haven't really addressed their MLB problem is because the rest of their defense is solid. I spent a lot of time standing around. That's why I'm playing coach, no standing around, I usually play MLB on man coverage because I suck at man coverage and safety or corner on zones, One of my safeties has like 92 hit power and big hitter trait so the occasional fumble keeps me interested, when I can't be bothered defending there's always defensive end too and actually my d tackle loves to steamroll centers so he's fairly interesting.

I think the most fun position is Safety or DE haha but for my Cornerback I usually employ shut down on the other receiver for all the game bar a few where I "slack" off a bit to encourage them to throw my way :laugh:
Reply 6378
I think the most fun position is Safety or DE haha but for my Cornerback I usually employ shut down on the other receiver for all the game bar a few where I "slack" off a bit to encourage them to throw my way :laugh:

Yeah I'm horrible for over-pursuing 1 man in my zone and leaving the other to wave at the quarterback shouting pass to me so I do give the computer a chance, I also have a habit (I think its actually Christian Ponder's habit (the only other QB I played with is Colt McCoy so he has the same problem)) for leading my passes straight into the extended arms of a linebacker who has suddenly discovered a 5 foot vertical or forgetting that I'm throwing to my full back and he's horribly slow and as soon as I release having the corner jump all over my route. I had an interception today where on the slow motion thing a linebackers feet were at my receivers shoulders... I couldn't even get annoyed I was just like 'Madden, is this for real?'
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah I'm horrible for over-pursuing 1 man in my zone and leaving the other to wave at the quarterback shouting pass to me so I do give the computer a chance, I also have a habit (I think its actually Christian Ponder's habit (the only other QB I played with is Colt McCoy so he has the same problem)) for leading my passes straight into the extended arms of a linebacker who has suddenly discovered a 5 foot vertical or forgetting that I'm throwing to my full back and he's horribly slow and as soon as I release having the corner jump all over my route. I had an interception today where on the slow motion thing a linebackers feet were at my receivers shoulders... I couldn't even get annoyed I was just like 'Madden, is this for real?'

It is a pretty damn glitched game haha with that infinity collision engine :laugh:

Latest