The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Another really good day yesterday, which means I'm going to crash hard today or tomorrow. I wish I could be productive and sociable all the time.
Original post by Anonymous
You sound so positive. I'm at my wits end, how do you get through everything?

I don't know. Every morning I wake up teeth clattering and feeling down. But it gets better throughout the day. Plus, it is easier to cheer someone else up than yourself.
Original post by PonchoKid
Guessing your on about my uni work?
I have a placement file to complete including an essay on change and then another essay on something relating to management in youth work. No idea what though... Be lucky if they ever get finished...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was, sometimes it helps talking to others about your work. I have no idea about the second one, but for the first, I have moved so much in my life, change has been a big part of it. Have you decided what type of change you want to write about? It could be personal like my moving but you could even discuss change in society.
Original post by llessur123
Ah. Is it normal to "feel normal" and then something small, like a stupid situation or comment, just sets it all off again? I go from feeling quite ok to feeling like utter **** instantly, which makes me think I haven't recovered at all. I can see logically that this is stupid and has no impact on anything yet I still feel awful.

Happens to me a lot. You go from thinking something is solved and you are great to almost crashing when you realize or think you realize it isn't solved or another problem comes up.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not really OK but various people have kept me going through the night. Plus I recreated my fave iTunes playlist (hence post about regressing :colondollar: ) :gah:

Channing is all yours :yep:

glad youv been kept going, sorry i fell asleep again :facepalm: but if you need me just PM me ok :yep:
i love sorting out my itunes :colondollar: i just never have time, as soon as i start i regret it because its in such a mess :frown:

:woo: hahaha thanks, just wish his wife would say the same thing :tongue: then i have the issue of my boyfriend :s-smilie: hummmmmm, slight issue there :tongue:
Original post by danny111
I was, sometimes it helps talking to others about your work. I have no idea about the second one, but for the first, I have moved so much in my life, change has been a big part of it. Have you decided what type of change you want to write about? It could be personal like my moving but you could even discuss change in society.

guess so, i should probably hunt it all out really :tongue:
no its a change that happened within the placement, would be easy if it was a change that i went through :tongue:
glad youv been kept going, sorry i fell asleep again :facepalm: but if you need me just PM me ok :yep:
i love sorting out my itunes :colondollar: i just never have time, as soon as i start i regret it because its in such a mess :frown:

:woo: hahaha thanks, just wish his wife would say the same thing :tongue: then i have the issue of my boyfriend :s-smilie: hummmmmm, slight issue there :tongue:

No worries hun - my sister lives in America so chatted to me (time difference = 5 hours behind. Perfect for sleepless nights :h: ) :yep:

:console: My tutorial partner at Oxford was horrified by my iTunes and so did lots of stuff to it. Not actually sure WHAT he did but meh - it made him happy :p:

Yeah, I have the problem that Dev Patel is with that girl from Slumdog. Plus he's Indian, which wouldn't go down well with my parents. I still love him anyway though :love:
Getting random adds on Skype, is the best way to make you feel even more paranoid about ****! Thanks a damn bunch. Idiot.
Original post by octoberbaby

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply(s). How are you getting on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Getting random adds on Skype, is the best way to make you feel even more paranoid about ****! Thanks a damn bunch. Idiot.

I hate when that happens. I don't want to be rude either so I often end up accepting then worrying even more :rolleyes: I just put it down to people trying to increase their friends or some **** and happening to come across me- stupid and annoying but harmless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
guess so, i should probably hunt it all out really :tongue:
no its a change that happened within the placement, would be easy if it was a change that i went through :tongue:

Oh, yea that is kind of specific!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No worries hun - my sister lives in America so chatted to me (time difference = 5 hours behind. Perfect for sleepless nights :h: ) :yep:

:console: My tutorial partner at Oxford was horrified by my iTunes and so did lots of stuff to it. Not actually sure WHAT he did but meh - it made him happy :p:

Yeah, I have the problem that Dev Patel is with that girl from Slumdog. Plus he's Indian, which wouldn't go down well with my parents. I still love him anyway though :love:

i love siblings in different countries when you cant sleep, my brothers in china, so gets to work when its like 2am here haha, glad you had someone though :yep:

half my music isnt even named properly :facepalm: hahaha, you can be let lose if you like :tongue:

ahh no, well have to kidknap them :tongue: hahaha
hummmm, just tell them hes rich :ninja: hahaha
Original post by -FireFlies-

:hugs: how are you doing now?
Original post by Kindred

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply(s). How are you getting on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Am okay, had a fair few days of 'good' and am starting to expect some kinda crash but we will see.
Original post by octoberbaby

Spoiler

Am okay, had a fair few days of 'good' and am starting to expect some kinda crash but we will see.

Yeah I think so. Hopefully i'll be able to do more exercise if i'm less exhausted too :rolleyes:

Well whatever happens you've had a good few days and you'll go bad to good days later. Who knows you may not even get a crash (hope you don't). Glad you've been doing well. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3015
Did an easy (slightly more than) 5K on the road; feeling pretty good. Fitness is returning really quickly given that I had quite a break from running, and it's been almost a year since anxiety let me run actually outdoors. Think I should be back at 10K by the end of summer, cos I wasn't hugely pushing it today (ran yesterday too, and don't want to overdo it).

Had a lovely email from my supervisor about my results as well so overall feeling pretty ok. I'm not over the moon happy or anything but I feel like I'm coping and that's nice. Wondering if coming off the pill has had some positive mood effects.
Original post by asdfgah
Did an easy (slightly more than) 5K on the road; feeling pretty good. Fitness is returning really quickly given that I had quite a break from running, and it's been almost a year since anxiety let me run actually outdoors. Think I should be back at 10K by the end of summer, cos I wasn't hugely pushing it today (ran yesterday too, and don't want to overdo it).

Had a lovely email from my supervisor about my results as well so overall feeling pretty ok. I'm not over the moon happy or anything but I feel like I'm coping and that's nice. Wondering if coming off the pill has had some positive mood effects.

Hey well done! 5km is nice! Keep us up with your progress :smile:
Slept in til 5.00 today having weird as **** dreams. Been really lethargic since coming back from holiday. :s-smilie:

Original post by asdfgah

Haven't congratulated you yet on your amazing and epic 1st! :jive: Really really well done, and I hope someday soon you feel appropriately proud of yourself. :hugs:
Just want a cuddle. Don't want to think anymore. I don't have the energy anymore to distract myself from all these thoughts :frown: blergh.
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Just want a cuddle. Don't want to think anymore. I don't have the energy anymore to distract myself from all these thoughts :frown: blergh.

:hugs: Is it to do with the new meds again? You'll be seeing your doctor soon, and hopefully they'll come up with a good solution.

Latest