The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I finally found out I have got through to the assessment day for Surrey! I have booked on for 11th July, so quite a long time to wait and get nervous!
HI
Anyone from Central Eastern region .. Just finished 2nd day assessment so waiting to hear yay or nay .. Very nervous. Good luck everyone.
Hi everybody, got an email today with an invite to the assessment centre in London (applied for Surrey)!! Have booked a place for 9th July! xx
Original post by MDaisy
eurghhh I had my assessment day yesterday and I think I did really bad :frown: I'm disappointed because I feel like I didn't tell them enough about myself. I hope they do another cohort so I can apply again next year.

Honestly try not to be so hard on yourself. I bet you did better than you thnk. Interviews are stressful and I'm sure the assesses can see through the fluster to the potential underneath. Stay positive...fingers crossed for you Hun...it's not over till you've received that email! Xxxx
Original post by AAthert
That's the thing, I received an email saying congrats and it had the criminal dec form and references form as the original email they sent didn't have the attachments so they said we will email you then if your successful so I was like yay. Then once I responded I got a phone call from like the head office saying congratulations your through to the next stage, but oh by the way the location has changed ill email you the details through later today, so I was like oh ok. Then the next thing the email came through but with Halton still on it so I emailed the normal email address as this one came from a no reply one and asked if the location had changed and they were like nope still the same. So now I'm like ok it must be Halton stadium but there still a niggling doubt because I'm like why would te woman on the phone lie lol x

Oh what a stress. I got a telephone call on the 18th saying I'd been successful, they left a message asking me to call to confirm...I called to confirm my attendance and asked if it would be in the same location...the woman said 'as far as i know'. Then later that evening I got an email from noreply@nsw confirming thati had been invited to the assessment centre on the 26th at Halton stadium. It said to reply to this email (even though its a noreply address?) to confirm attendance. I replied even though I'd already confirmed over the phone. Maybe the lady thought you were attending a different day perhaps? Some of them are at alternative locations I think. I hope we end up at the right place! X
Original post by Jazzybabe
Guys,
I am in bits, I was waiting and waiting.....I don't know what to do.....I have about five minutes ago received an email from Penna saying that I should have been at an assessment center today and should ring them to know what happened, why I did not show up!!!
Please, I did not receive an email or phone call about my assessment today!!!!

i called Penna and am waiting for them to get back to me.....actually crying it means so much to me.....

Have they been back in touch jazzy? I feel for you...what a stressful situation! Hope you get it resolved and can hopefully attend an alternative assessment day! X
Reply 226
I was with you today, I'm really nervous too, just trying to put it to the back of my mind and stop going over what I should have done differently as it's too late to change anything now. Good luck and maybe I'll see you in January :smile:
Original post by dellydoonorman
HI
Anyone from Central Eastern region .. Just finished 2nd day assessment so waiting to hear yay or nay .. Very nervous. Good luck everyone.
Reply 227
Original post by Winstonsone
Have they been back in touch jazzy? I feel for you...what a stressful situation! Hope you get it resolved and can hopefully attend an alternative assessment day! X

Hi Winstonsone, thanks for your concern. Yes I am happy to say that they have been in touch and apologised.
They have arranged another day for me next week.
It has indeed been a stressful day.

Good luck with your application x
Original post by Jazzybabe
Hi Winstonsone, thanks for your concern. Yes I am happy to say that they have been in touch and apologised.
They have arranged another day for me next week.
It has indeed been a stressful day.

Good luck with your application x

Great news...good luck! X
Reply 229
Original post by Winstonsone
Oh what a stress. I got a telephone call on the 18th saying I'd been successful, they left a message asking me to call to confirm...I called to confirm my attendance and asked if it would be in the same location...the woman said 'as far as i know'. Then later that evening I got an email from noreply@nsw confirming thati had been invited to the assessment centre on the 26th at Halton stadium. It said to reply to this email (even though its a noreply address?) to confirm attendance. I replied even though I'd already confirmed over the phone. Maybe the lady thought you were attending a different day perhaps? Some of them are at alternative locations I think. I hope we end up at the right place! X

Well hopefully we end up in the right place, at least if its not Halton I won't be the only person there so I we all turn up late to the other venue it's not like I'm making it up. If jet all emails saying Halton so hopefully lol.
Original post by Goldiloxx
I was with you today, I'm really nervous too, just trying to put it to the back of my mind and stop going over what I should have done differently as it's too late to change anything now. Good luck and maybe I'll see you in January :smile:

Hey Goldiloxx ... Good luck and yeah positive thinking for Jan. I've stopped thinking about it now but we did well to get this far :biggrin:
Original post by dellydoonorman
Hey Goldiloxx ... Good luck and yeah positive thinking for Jan. I've stopped thinking about it now but we did well to get this far :biggrin:

How was it? I am so nervous, can you prepare for any of it at all? Hope your interviews went well, good luck :smile: xx
You can't really prepare .. Usual type interview questions and they are really nice and relaxed.
Reply 233
Well done to everyone who has had their assessments so far! I'm so nervous for tomorrow. My parents had my GCSE certificates (thank god), I'm just trying to get their scanner to work to get copies.

Did anyone attend the Greater Manchester assessment on Thursday?

I'm so nervous I can't even be decisive about whether to get the train or drive! I've no idea how to prepare either :confused:
Reply 234
Hi all I have my assessment day tomorrow in Birmingham. Is anyone else there? I've finally got all the documents together, I think. Really not sure what to expect. Am going between chilled out and complete melt down! Don't know what to look at to prepare or what to prepare for.
Reply 235
Original post by Gizzy125
Hi all I have my assessment day tomorrow in Birmingham. Is anyone else there? I've finally got all the documents together, I think. Really not sure what to expect. Am going between chilled out and complete melt down! Don't know what to look at to prepare or what to prepare for.
<br />
<br />

I am at the Birmingham one tomorrow, spent most of the morning getting the documents ready and shooting out to get a photo done last minute. I am also going between extreme nerves and then oddly also feeling a bit relaxed, in a what will be will be kind of way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 236
Hi deankb1. Yes the photo through me, forgot about that. Thank goodness tesco was open until 5! Where have you applied for. Did you get the email about arriving really early?
Reply 237
Original post by Gizzy125
Hi deankb1. Yes the photo through me, forgot about that. Thank goodness tesco was open until 5! Where have you applied for. Did you get the email about arriving really early?
<br />
<br />

I have applied to Staffordshire but I have said I will go to another one if I am offered. I didn't get an email, I got two phone calls to go through all the requirements for the day. What area have you applied for?
Original post by takemethere
Well done to everyone who has had their assessments so far! I'm so nervous for tomorrow. My parents had my GCSE certificates (thank god), I'm just trying to get their scanner to work to get copies.

Did anyone attend the Greater Manchester assessment on Thursday?

I'm so nervous I can't even be decisive about whether to get the train or drive! I've no idea how to prepare either :confused:

Hiya I am at The Greater Manchester assessment day tomorrow. Confused by people talking about photos, haven't heard about this for our assessment day have you? I am sooo nervous about tomorrow. It seems that you cant do much to prepare so will just do my best and try to be confident!!x
Reply 239
Original post by Anna Louise R
Hiya I am at The Greater Manchester assessment day tomorrow. Confused by people talking about photos, haven't heard about this for our assessment day have you? I am sooo nervous about tomorrow. It seems that you cant do much to prepare so will just do my best and try to be confident!!x

No, it definitely doesn't say we need to take a photo on the email so don't worry about it! I'm just getting my documents together now before re-reading my application. I'm nervous too, especially about the role play and the interview!

Good luck and I'll see you tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending