The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Original post by superwolf
Actually, scratch that last post - just checked her profile and she seems to be online (I'm assuming this is the same Tyrion you were thinking of) - maybe she just temporarily had herself banned, and is back now?

Let me know if I can help with anything else. :smile:

Yeah that makes sense. I'm glad she is back. Was very worried. Maybe anxiety thing!
Original post by danny111
Skype if he isn't busy atm?

He came back eventually. Stopped me doing stuff. I'm still here.

Original post by ANONYM00SE

:hugs: meeeeeeeeeeh. I'll PM you if that's ok? no worries I haven't been around either. I missed you! :hugs:

:hugs: Feel free to anytime hun! I missed you too!! :jumphug:
Reply 3062
hi, I'm new to TSR but just needed people to talk to who understand how I feel.
I've had issues with anxiety and depression throughout my teens and went to uni last september which was a big step to live in halls. I met my boyfriend there and recently we've been spending like everyday and every night together but now I won't see him for around 3 weeks, most of which I won't be able to talk to him because his phone won't work abroad. It seems to have set off familiar feelings of depression and hopelessness.

I haven't stopped crying since I last saw him a few days ago and I know it's irrational because 3 weeks isn't that long in the scheme of things and I will be working almost every day until he gets back so I have lots on to keep me busy.

I don't know what to do with myself, whether I should go to the doctors or just wait and hope that it will pass by the end of the week and I can get on with my life. It's so frustrating, I don't want to be dependent on someone else when I'm perfectly capable and used to love my own company and my friend's.
Reply 3063
Original post by banksy17
hi, I'm new to TSR but just needed people to talk to who understand how I feel.
I've had issues with anxiety and depression throughout my teens and went to uni last september which was a big step to live in halls. I met my boyfriend there and recently we've been spending like everyday and every night together but now I won't see him for around 3 weeks, most of which I won't be able to talk to him because his phone won't work abroad. It seems to have set off familiar feelings of depression and hopelessness.

I haven't stopped crying since I last saw him a few days ago and I know it's irrational because 3 weeks isn't that long in the scheme of things and I will be working almost every day until he gets back so I have lots on to keep me busy.

I don't know what to do with myself, whether I should go to the doctors or just wait and hope that it will pass by the end of the week and I can get on with my life. It's so frustrating, I don't want to be dependent on someone else when I'm perfectly capable and used to love my own company and my friend's.

This is a really good place to talk about things. I hope we can ease it for you somewhat. I don't know if I can personally give you advice but I can offer as much support and listening as you feel you need. It must be very tough when someone you love has to go for a while. I suppose it may help to look forward to the time when he gets back and you can be together again. Perhaps you can focus on a project for him for when he comes back? I don't have any ideas but it may help to keep yourself occupied in a positive way.

I've done something I've told myself I will never do and entered an argument on another thread. I called someone deluded. I know it doesn't seem like much of a big deal to most people on this forum because it happens every day. I'm now shaking because of panic, being on my own, worried that he is going to throw insults back at me and make me look like an idiot. How do most of you guys cope with that? I know it's pretty much anonymous over the Internet, but I DON'T argue with people, like, ever. Because I'm always wrong. Now I'm worried that the points I believe are wrong. Aargh I can't explain it. I hate my brain!
I honestly don't know who I think I'm kidding, I definitely CAN'T do this.
Reply 3065
I also feel like such a fat pig right now. I've just eaten 2 pain o chocolats and have put another 2 in the oven. I know I have a really good excuse to be a pig, but it feels so wrong. I can tell today is going to be a bad day.
Original post by HmMusic
I also feel like such a fat pig right now. I've just eaten 2 pain o chocolats and have put another 2 in the oven. I know I have a really good excuse to be a pig, but it feels so wrong. I can tell today is going to be a bad day.

Why don't you share the 2 in the oven then? One for you one for someone else, that way you won't feel like a pig :smile:
Reply 3067
Original post by HmMusic
This is a really good place to talk about things. I hope we can ease it for you somewhat. I don't know if I can personally give you advice but I can offer as much support and listening as you feel you need. It must be very tough when someone you love has to go for a while. I suppose it may help to look forward to the time when he gets back and you can be together again. Perhaps you can focus on a project for him for when he comes back? I don't have any ideas but it may help to keep yourself occupied in a positive way.

I've done something I've told myself I will never do and entered an argument on another thread. I called someone deluded. I know it doesn't seem like much of a big deal to most people on this forum because it happens every day. I'm now shaking because of panic, being on my own, worried that he is going to throw insults back at me and make me look like an idiot. How do most of you guys cope with that? I know it's pretty much anonymous over the Internet, but I DON'T argue with people, like, ever. Because I'm always wrong. Now I'm worried that the points I believe are wrong. Aargh I can't explain it. I hate my brain!

Thanks for your reply :smile: Yeah I know it's natural to miss someone you love but this is just too much and isn't healthy. I worked so hard to be able to live out at uni and I did that by myself, I don't want to go back to be relying on someone else for my happiness. I wish i could just sleep for 3 weeks but I know I have to get through this for my own sake more than anything.

I can understand your frustration, the fact that something can make us that upset when most people could just shrug it off can drive me crazy. I think the best thing to do is ignore the thread and go out and do something for a bit to take your mind off it, or get a job done around the house.
Reply 3068
Original post by Anonymous
Why don't you share the 2 in the oven then? One for you one for someone else, that way you won't feel like a pig :smile:

Cos I'm the only one here and I'm still hungry. Baby is making me do strange things.

I knew it was a bad idea to argue. Been argued at back now, and just posted an apology instead of saying what I really think. I'm such a coward. I'm shaking and crying and panicking. Such a mess. I'm never giving any opinions ever again,
Original post by banksy17
Thanks for your reply :smile: Yeah I know it's natural to miss someone you love but this is just too much and isn't healthy. I worked so hard to be able to live out at uni and I did that by myself, I don't want to go back to be relying on someone else for my happiness. I wish i could just sleep for 3 weeks but I know I have to get through this for my own sake more than anything.

I can understand your frustration, the fact that something can make us that upset when most people could just shrug it off can drive me crazy. I think the best thing to do is ignore the thread and go out and do something for a bit to take your mind off it, or get a job done around the house.

I second this, I woke up with clattering teeth again, sad, and scared. So I forced myself to eat a slice of bread and then clean up a bit in the kitchen and living room. Starting to get better again.

And hey, three weeks isn't that long! Maybe you could cross of days on a calendar or plan something nice for you to do when he gets back?
Hi a'll, was given a link to this page after posting on another forum that apparently consists on inconsiderate uncompassionate idiots! Ahh if depression isn't enough to deal with its people calling you lazy and fake! Lovely!

Any who! Diagnosed with depression and anxiety 3 years ago after my daughter's first birthday although had been suffering a year. Got better after a year and a half then got worse again recently and been off work since March! Going to uni in September for a break from work and what I feel is the answer to my depression (we'll see!) think I'm more hoping!
How is everyone ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Cos I'm the only one here and I'm still hungry. Baby is making me do strange things.

I knew it was a bad idea to argue. Been argued at back now, and just posted an apology instead of saying what I really think. I'm such a coward. I'm shaking and crying and panicking. Such a mess. I'm never giving any opinions ever again,

Don't say that. If it is something that you really care for or believe in, stand your ground. All the other **** that isn't that important you can say ah who cares I won't argue. But if you care for something, no decent human is going to look down on you for arguing your point. They may disagree, sure, but they will respect you for saying what you think.
Reply 3072
Original post by kmcgowan13
Hi a'll, was given a link to this page after posting on another forum that apparently consists on inconsiderate uncompassionate idiots! Ahh if depression isn't enough to deal with its people calling you lazy and fake! Lovely!

Any who! Diagnosed with depression and anxiety 3 years ago after my daughter's first birthday although had been suffering a year. Got better after a year and a half then got worse again recently and been off work since March! Going to uni in September for a break from work and what I feel is the answer to my depression (we'll see!) think I'm more hoping!
How is everyone ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! That thread just caused me a mild panic attack which I am still shaking and crying from. This one is much better. People are actually nice, considerate and understanding here. It's safe. I pretty much live here. I was gonna suggest this one to you myself but didn't know if you already knew about it or weren't using it or something. Anyway I'm glad to see you here.
Original post by SciFiRory
I honestly don't know who I think I'm kidding, I definitely CAN'T do this.

Yes you can! Why do you think you can't?
Some kind soul pmd lol!

I'm getting really angry with it, it's making me anxious, I get more shouty and arsey now rather than panicked attacks I lose all sense of control. I told my boss to f off once something I'd never do I have such respect foe superiors! My mind tells me to shut up but my body takes over... Shouted at my daughter yesterday for asking me to take her plate off her! Ended up in bed at 7! Already had an argument with my partner this morning as I thought his status about money and lack of it was aimed at me :-( oh yeah just remembered I've not been great with tablets again :-(

Also suffering a cold from being so anxious on holiday it's run my immune system down arghhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danny111
Yes you can! Why do you think you can't?

cause everything seems to be designed to prevent me from doing so, be it myself, other people or just the world in general, the message is the same "Rory cannot do this"
Reply 3076
Original post by kmcgowan13
Some kind soul pmd lol!

I'm getting really angry with it, it's making me anxious, I get more shouty and arsey now rather than panicked attacks I lose all sense of control. I told my boss to f off once something I'd never do I have such respect foe superiors! My mind tells me to shut up but my body takes over... Shouted at my daughter yesterday for asking me to take her plate off her! Ended up in bed at 7! Already had an argument with my partner this morning as I thought his status about money and lack of it was aimed at me :-( oh yeah just remembered I've not been great with tablets again :-(

Also suffering a cold from being so anxious on holiday it's run my immune system down arghhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could tell that person I decided to rant to that he contradicted himself with the medication thing, but I am terrified of causing myself more panic. This is why I rarely venture out of this thread, and if I do I only post trivial things. I keep wanting to speak to you properly because you have a daughter and I have a son on the way due in July, so I hoped we could support each other.

Edit: Aargh everything that guy is saying is antagonistic! I just want to scream at him!

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Pm I'll see if I can help! Plus I work for the health visiting team (when I'm there!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SciFiRory
cause everything seems to be designed to prevent me from doing so, be it myself, other people or just the world in general, the message is the same "Rory cannot do this"

Is it something that you can do right now or is it a longer thing? If it is a longer thing I know exactly how you feel, I am struggling with my master thesis at the moment. And I have no idea either how to overcome the feeling of failure.

But if it is a shorter thing, it's just a state of mind, I think. Just try and you will see you can do it.
Original post by HmMusic
I wish I could tell that person I decided to rant to that he contradicted himself with the medication thing, but I am terrified of causing myself more panic. This is why I rarely venture out of this thread, and if I do I only post trivial things. I keep wanting to speak to you properly because you have a daughter and I have a son on the way due in July, so I hoped we could support each other.

Edit: Aargh everything that guy is saying is antagonistic! I just want to scream at him!

Spoiler

I think somebody was being a bit argumentative for arguments sake. Ignore the thread and stay here where it's lovely and safe *hugs*

Last day to work on my dissertation and I am so nervous I could cry.

Latest