The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anna Louise R
Hiya I am at The Greater Manchester assessment day tomorrow. Confused by people talking about photos, haven't heard about this for our assessment day have you? I am sooo nervous about tomorrow. It seems that you cant do much to prepare so will just do my best and try to be confident!!x

Good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well :smile: no idea what to expect but all done well to come this far xx
Reply 241
Hiya I am at The Greater Manchester assessment day tomorrow. Confused by people talking about photos, haven't heard about this for our assessment day have you? I am sooo nervous about tomorrow. It seems that you cant do much to prepare so will just do my best and try to be confident!!x

We were told in our email to bring a passport sized photo. My friend who is doing hers on Wednesday in London does not need one and her day is so very different to mine. She had to send things off beforehand but I've got to take everything. Confidence levels disappeared now! Good luck for tomorrow x
Reply 242
My nerves are absolutely shattered already. Trains were a disaster so I'm now in a taxi.

Good luck to everyone else attending the assessment centres today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 243
Hi All

I was booked in to attend GMA today in Salford? but got an email Friday at 6pm:frown:
saying it was cancelled.

Pretty unhappy as is my boss!

Can't understand how other folks can be attending if its cancelled - did you go to Salford?
Reply 244
some stats for people who have gone to the GM assessment days...this should give you a bit of confidence. 380 Approx applied for GM, and they chose 36 to bring to assessment. thats 12 each day over 3 days! They are taking 19 through from the 36, so well done for getting to this stage, its a BIG achievement!!
Reply 245
Original post by MDaisy
some stats for people who have gone to the GM assessment days...this should give you a bit of confidence. 380 Approx applied for GM, and they chose 36 to bring to assessment. thats 12 each day over 3 days! They are taking 19 through from the 36, so well done for getting to this stage, its a BIG achievement!!

Thats great info, do you have secret insider info? Can't be one of the 19 if I can't even get to go to assessment . Wiaitng for call from Penna but not feeling very hopeful now
Reply 246
haha no I wish i did, i went to the assessment last week and they told us the stats and said we should be very proud to even get to assessment. I hope you sort it out! Have you got through to them yet?
Reply 247
They said they would call back when they had some info, but to be honest I am not holding my breath. Its just really annoying, and I have lost a lot of money organising childcare - they told me too late to cancel. 6pm on Friday is really not acceptable. Cannot go on 27th June so goodness knows what is going to happen. I will be complaining very loudly and long if I don't get fair treatment though. Worked really hard for this and if you work you can't just take days off. My boss is steaming as he had agreed me to have day off and now is angry that the cover he arranged is wasted. Am dreading having to ask for another day :frown:
Reply 248
I dont blame you for being annoyed. How can it be cancelled though if others have gone?! Hopefully they will offer you an alternative day!
Reply 249
Original post by MDaisy
I dont blame you for being annoyed. How can it be cancelled though if others have gone?! Hopefully they will offer you an alternative day!

Thats what I just don't get? Unless there is more than one Gm assesment, but how could that be?
Reply 250
Assessment day done and dusted, a long and stressful day but overall well organised. Now for the very long wait to find out the results.
Reply 251
I was very surprised (in a good way) when they told us those figures for Greater Manchester today. I think I was the least experienced out of the 12 of us so very proud of myself for getting this far. Overall I think the day went really well and I'm happy with my performance, but equally I felt that everyone else was really impressive and will have done very well.

And so the waiting game begins...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 252
Original post by Rose 73
Hi All

I was booked in to attend GMA today in Salford? but got an email Friday at 6pm:frown:
saying it was cancelled.

Pretty unhappy as is my boss!

Can't understand how other folks can be attending if its cancelled - did you go to Salford?

I went to Salford today. It sounds like Penna have made a big mistake. I really hope they have a solution for you! Perhaps you'll be able to go to an assessment centre in a different partnership?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 253
Hi,

I'm attending the assessment day on Wednesday in Birmingham, I'm so nervous! Eek. What are others wearing? The first email said smart casual then the second said smart, I know it's a silly thing to worry about but it's all I can control at the mo lol!

xx
Reply 254
Original post by Jeff1987
Hi,<br />
<br />
I'm attending the assessment day on Wednesday in Birmingham, I'm so nervous! Eek. What are others wearing? The first email said smart casual then the second said smart, I know it's a silly thing to worry about but it's all I can control at the mo lol!<br />
<br />
xx
<br />
<br />

I wore a suit and that seemed to be the same with most people. If not a suit then shirt and tie at least.
Original post by takemethere
I was very surprised (in a good way) when they told us those figures for Greater Manchester today. I think I was the least experienced out of the 12 of us so very proud of myself for getting this far. Overall I think the day went really well and I'm happy with my performance, but equally I felt that everyone else was really impressive and will have done very well.

And so the waiting game begins...
Mobile

Hi there

How was it? I have assessment Thursday and I have no idea what to expect. Any tips?

Did they say it would be a long wait?

hope you are successful
Reply 256
I went to the assessment day in Birmingham on Friday 21st, and they told us we'd hear whether we'd been successful during week commencing 8th July. The assessment day is based around a number of tasks, and they give you a numerical grade for each. Apparently, they tot up the total number, and see where you are, then if you're in the top however many, they take up your references, then they decide whether you're in or not. Phew! A lot of work!

Good luck with your day, and enjoy it!
Original post by Rose 73
Thats what I just don't get? Unless there is more than one Gm assesment, but how could that be?

Hi Rose someone who was at the assessment yesterday said that the same thing happened to her friend. The man who was running things said they were possibly arranging another assessment day next week so dont worry. Its not ideal for you but think you will get a fair go x
Original post by takemethere
I went to Salford today. It sounds like Penna have made a big mistake. I really hope they have a solution for you! Perhaps you'll be able to go to an assessment centre in a different partnership?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya I was at the assessment centre yesterday wondering who you are lol x
Reply 259
Hiya I was at the assessment centre yesterday wondering who you are lol x

Haha, Claire! Dawn is on here too and a couple of people who attended on different days - which hopefully means we'll know when people have started getting positive replies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending