Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography and Radiotherapy Sept 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Helena'O
I just firmed Hertfordshire too, so hope to be starting in September, just need to get those grades. :smile:

Good luck! Hope to see you in Sept :-)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by glc23
Hi Ollie, The number of weeks each year varies, on average though about 36 weeks. In year 2 we are expected to do placement for up to 3 weeks over the summer holiday and then in year 3 we finish in June so only do about 12 weeks on placement over that year compared to 18 weeks placement in yr 1&2. I sent off for my nhs bursary today, the application is quite long especially as they asked for tons of 'evidence', hopefully yours is more straight forward! This is also my second degree, will you be living on campus? Gemma :-)

Hi Gemma thanks for the reply! That's good to know. Are you a first / second / third year? Yeah I think I'll be living on campus. At first I thought it might be a bit weird in halls again as I've done it all before! But it seems like there are quite a few older students at Herts so hopefully it won't be as insane as my time in halls at Soton! Not that I didn't love it..... lol but I'm focusing much more on work this time round haha. Yeah I'm doing the bursary application now actually! Annoyingly I can't get funding as an 'independent' because I don't have the 36 months of independent earnings prereq..... :/
Reply 22
Original post by glc23
Hi Ollie, The number of weeks each year varies, on average though about 36 weeks. In year 2 we are expected to do placement for up to 3 weeks over the summer holiday and then in year 3 we finish in June so only do about 12 weeks on placement over that year compared to 18 weeks placement in yr 1&2. I sent off for my nhs bursary today, the application is quite long especially as they asked for tons of 'evidence', hopefully yours is more straight forward! This is also my second degree, will you be living on campus? Gemma :-)

So don't have any summer placement after 1st year?
Reply 23
Original post by pdog8
I'm off to Hertfordshire, Liverpool rejected me unfortunately.

did liverpool give you a reason?
Reply 24
Original post by Sbapu
did liverpool give you a reason?

Yeah said my personal statement didn't go into enough detail about why I wanted to study it
Reply 25
Original post by Znapdragon
Hi Gemma thanks for the reply! That's good to know. Are you a first / second / third year? Yeah I think I'll be living on campus. At first I thought it might be a bit weird in halls again as I've done it all before! But it seems like there are quite a few older students at Herts so hopefully it won't be as insane as my time in halls at Soton! Not that I didn't love it..... lol but I'm focusing much more on work this time round haha. Yeah I'm doing the bursary application now actually! Annoyingly I can't get funding as an 'independent' because I don't have the 36 months of independent earnings prereq..... :/

Hey Ollie, I will be starting in my first year this September. I think there will be a few mature students on our course, I'm the same as you, I've completed a degree before at Sussex uni but this time I'm much more focused on the career at the end of it! I don't live too far away so I'm going to commute into uni and hopefully get into a local hospital for placement. I think you will be fine in halls, it will hopefully be abit be more chilled compared to the first time round ;-)
Reply 26
Original post by pdog8
So don't have any summer placement after 1st year?

Based on the 2012 yearly structure in year 1 there is a 10 week clinical placement from end of May throughout June till end of July and then 9 weeks summer holiday August to Sept. Year 2 clinical placement is end of June till beginning of August then 6 weeks summer holiday over August till beginning of Sept then 3 week placement till end of Sept. This may change slightly for the new academic year. It was explained in my interview that we will be on placement for a few weeks over the summer holidays in both year 1 and year 2, the more clinical experience the better.
Reply 27
Original post by glc23
Based on the 2012 yearly structure in year 1 there is a 10 week clinical placement from end of May throughout June till end of July and then 9 weeks summer holiday August to Sept. Year 2 clinical placement is end of June till beginning of August then 6 weeks summer holiday over August till beginning of Sept then 3 week placement till end of Sept. This may change slightly for the new academic year. It was explained in my interview that we will be on placement for a few weeks over the summer holidays in both year 1 and year 2, the more clinical experience the better.

How many placements are during the year then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by pdog8
Yeah said my personal statement didn't go into enough detail about why I wanted to study it

ohh, just wanted to know because im applying through ucas extra. thanks for the reply.
by the way, did you complete the clincal visit form for liverpool as well?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Sbapu
ohh, just wanted to know because im applying through ucas extra. thanks for the reply.
by the way, did you complete the clincal visit form for liverpool as well?

yeah I did
Ooh another radiography thread! :smile:
I've firmed SGUL and insured Exeter. Exams are over so just waiting for results day, hoping I get what I need for London! Im 17, but will be 18 in August.
Can't wait to start, good luck everyone waiting for results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by pdog8
How many placements are during the year then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In year 1: 2 placements (7 weeks and then 10 weeks) In year 2: 4 placements (4 weeks, 5 weeks, 7 weeks and then 3 weeks) In year 3: 3 placements (6 weeks, 2 weeks and then 4 weeks placement) As I mentioned this is an example year plan from 2012 and is likely to differ slightly for the new academic year.
Reply 32
I'm 19 from Dublin and I'm going to Hertfordshire in September to do radiography as well I repeated my school exams this year but I have an unconditional offer so takes the pressure off hugely on results day! I'm so excited to start hopefully staying in Telford Court if I get it.
Reply 33
Original post by SazBergin
I'm 19 from Dublin and I'm going to Hertfordshire in September to do radiography as well I repeated my school exams this year but I have an unconditional offer so takes the pressure off hugely on results day! I'm so excited to start hopefully staying in Telford Court if I get it.

Hey I'm 21 from cork and I've an unconstitutional too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SazBergin

Original post by pdog8
Hey I'm 21 from cork and I've an unconstitutional too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm 18 and I have a conditional for Hertfordshire as my firm for radiography, hopefully I'll get the grades and see you both in September!
Reply 35
why did you choose radiotherapy as a career choice?
Reply 36
Original post by pdog8
yeah I did

Interview?
Reply 37
Just got my unconditional offer, So excited! Just wondering which accommodation would be best for the radiography course? Do you need a car for placements?
Hey,

I'm going to studying diagnostic radiography at Herts this September too!

I live in Leicester, so will have to move down.

Dunno what it's gonna be like in halls, as I'll be 27 when the course starts (so comparatively old). Having said that, I'm not really "mature" for my age and still like to go out/ have a laugh, so should be fine.

I've only just applied for accommodation this week, and haven't heard anything back as yet. As it's gonna be my second degree, I don't have any academic conditions to fulfil :biggrin:

Hope to see you all soon!
Reply 39
Original post by dave_r_1986
Hey,

I'm going to studying diagnostic radiography at Herts this September too!

I live in Leicester, so will have to move down.

Dunno what it's gonna be like in halls, as I'll be 27 when the course starts (so comparatively old). Having said that, I'm not really "mature" for my age and still like to go out/ have a laugh, so should be fine.

I've only just applied for accommodation this week, and haven't heard anything back as yet. As it's gonna be my second degree, I don't have any academic conditions to fulfil :biggrin:

Hope to see you all soon!

Hey all! Dave, just thought I'd message, I'm in the same boat as you at 25, a mature student, got one degree already but we're all still young haha so I'm not too worried about it! I'm also in halls, but put down that I'd like to be in with slightly older young people, simply because I've done the whole freshers thing before and need to focus on study and part time work. So we'll see how that works out... Haha.

I got into Telford Court! Block F I think. Is anyone nearby? Exciting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending