The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Feeling lonely :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Last day to work on my dissertation and I am so nervous I could cry.

you can do it! were all rooting for you :smile: good luck!

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Managed to sleep last night :yay:

yeyyyy for sleep :smile: hope your feeling better today :hugs:

Original post by HmMusic
Ok so I had a bath to relax after earlier, and return to find the guy being antagonistic is accusing me of being hostile towards him. I shouldn't have got involved. I'm shaking again. I am only hostile because he triggered a panic attack. Leaving it now. I hate that I'm such a coward. What is wrong with my brain?!

baths are good :yep:
ignore the thread hun, it will be ok, try not to let them get to you :smile:
you need me tonight ill be on skype :smile:

Original post by -FireFlies-
How does one go about banning themselves for a temp period on this ?

hope your ok hun! :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks for this :hugs:

Thanks. I think my sister's point was that I'm not mentally ill enough to need the money (because I'm very high functioning for a schizoaffective person) and I have a freedom pass, so don't pay for travel in London, and I live at home with my parents rent-free. Thanks for your post though. You're right in that it relieves the pressure to jump straight back into another job once this one finishes. I need a break and to find the right job for me, rather than just applying willy-nilly to everything :yes:

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get a freedom pass? I'm moving to London next week, and it would really help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3104
Anxiety flaring up and I would state why but I don't want to just in case someone I know sees it...good ol' paranoia :frown:
Original post by bullettheory
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get a freedom pass? I'm moving to London next week, and it would really help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My CPN at my EIS had a form so I filled out my bit and then she filled out a bit to verify that I needed one, and then the manager of all the CPNs countersigned it. I posted it to the relevant people (the LA who have to pay for my travel, rather than the government), then they sent back saying it will be given but I have to do some shiz at the Post Office. So went to the Post Office, did the shiz (I forget what i had to do :colondollar: ) and then hey presto! FREEDOM :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3106
Original post by kerrydouglas
What thread? Don't worry, remember you don't HAVE to read the replies you get - I'm here if you need me xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thread about why people get depression. Pretty much over it now but it completely ruined most of my day earlier. I never debate on the internet. It was weird and unnatural for me.

Original post by PonchoKid

baths are good :yep:
ignore the thread hun, it will be ok, try not to let them get to you :smile:
you need me tonight ill be on skype :smile:

A bath gets me through the day. I get to watch Pointless on iPlayer and feel good about myself when I come up with good answers! Ah all the confessions coming out now. :mmm:
Original post by HmMusic
A bath gets me through the day. I get to watch Pointless on iPlayer and feel good about myself when I come up with good answers! Ah all the confessions coming out now. :mmm:

pointless is good :ninja: only caught the last 10 mins tonight though :frown:
also like the chase :tongue:
got to hold on to things that you enjoy!
:h:
Original post by HmMusic

A) I'm jealous of you for owning a bath. I miss baths, showers are not the same. For a start, you can't read in them. B) Pointless is ridiculously addictive. Ridiculously. I love that programme. :tongue:
Original post by kmcgowan13

Thanks. I'm not having a good day today. Feel like I'm rubbish at my job and rubbish at life :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3110
Original post by Anonymous
A) I'm jealous of you for owning a bath. I miss baths, showers are not the same. For a start, you can't read in them. B) Pointless is ridiculously addictive. Ridiculously. I love that programme. :tongue:

I got a pointless answer the other day in the final. It was hits by Aqua, and I said Cartoon Heroes cos they used to play it at the kids parties at the bowling alley where I used to work. I swear I should go on it with my BF. Between us I estimate that we know 100% of all the things, ever.

I am so lucky to have a bath. We also have a separate shower. This flat is perfect and cheap for what it is and in the area. If we ever had to leave I would probably die.

It so is!

It is a major reason why I miss living in UK, not being able to watch Pointless on Iplayer!
sleeping in the day makes me feel like a zombie :s-smilie:

on the upside my mum says there's a charity we can see that will help and then CAB are coming tomorrow so hopefully can get benefits/housing sorted out or at least moving in the right direction (oddly enough not keen on becoming homeless with no money to live on...)

just need to wake up and feel human again

I love Pointless too! Though its really hard for anyone to win and if they do they get a tiny amount of money to split between them (after all that!) compared to other quiz shows.

:smile:
Original post by sunfowers01
Thanks. I'm not having a good day today. Feel like I'm rubbish at my job and rubbish at life :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it :-s I'm sure it's not as bad as you feel!! I'm leaving my job as I can't do it, sadly I'm good at it, just not emotionally strong enough! I'm sure there is at least a few points that are going well for you! You just can't see it right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
I got a pointless answer the other day in the final. It was hits by Aqua, and I said Cartoon Heroes cos they used to play it at the kids parties at the bowling alley where I used to work. I swear I should go on it with my BF. Between us I estimate that we know 100% of all the things, ever.

I am so lucky to have a bath. We also have a separate shower. This flat is perfect and cheap for what it is and in the area. If we ever had to leave I would probably die.

You should definitely go on Pointless. I'm not sure if I've ever got a Pointless answer or not... :no:

It sounds great. :smile:
Reply 3116
Original post by catoswyn
I love Pointless too! Though its really hard for anyone to win and if they do they get a tiny amount of money to split between them (after all that!) compared to other quiz shows.

:smile:

I think it's more about the game and showing your knowledge. I feel sorry for the people who are on the show after a big win, like once there was one where the jackpot had built up to something like £11,000 and they won. The people the next day were back to £1000. That must suck especially if you were a returning pair.

I'd really like to go on it but I don't think we would ever get picked even if we applied!
Original post by danny111
It so is!

It is a major reason why I miss living in UK, not being able to watch Pointless on Iplayer!

Original post by HmMusic

Original post by PonchoKid
pointless is good :ninja: only caught the last 10 mins tonight though :frown:
also like the chase :tongue:
got to hold on to things that you enjoy!
:h:

You should definitely go on Pointless. I'm not sure if I've ever got a Pointless answer or not... :no:

It sounds great. :smile:

Just to hijack the pointless convo... POINTLESS IS AMAZING!
(I'm in love with Alexander Armstrong) :love:
Oh wow guys! I just came back from jogging, trying a new style. Taking long not steps but strides, like I am loping not running. Also went to therapist today, so was a really good day :smile:
I'm so stressed I feel like I'm going to be sick. Only a few more hours left to work on it and I'm near just sitting down and crying.

Latest