The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tommyjw
How Good is Wilfried Zaha? Statistical Analysis

Interesting post with some lesser-known stats

So he's the best winger in the Championship? How much upside is there at 15m?
Reply 5521
Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague9m
Thiago's dad just back from Manchester. He wants to meet FCB to tell them his son wants to go to United. But FCB want 2 convince him 2 stay

Moderately good news, if true :bike:
BAlaague is **** I don't think he's ever got one thing correct tbh
Reply 5523
Uh oh. Don't start this Balague thing again. There was a massive argument between Tommy and Wilfred last time.
Thiago rumours are just people guessing getting some page hits. None of them have any substance. No confirmable sources or official channels. None of them confirm they personally know anything. Complete waste of time.

Garay is similar how many times have we been linked to the same guy by the same people. Doesn't even make sense, we have 3 capable defenders, and 2 who we have invested ~£30m in. It makes sense to play Smalling and Jones rather than buy another CB. Jones is 21, Smalling is 23 they need games, not bench time. Evans is 25 now, and his progress has to be linked to the increased games in the last two seasons. Vidic has 2-3 seasons left, Ferdiand has 1-2. Plenty of time for Smalling and Jones to progress.

I don't understand the rational of buying Fellani as a DM. All the attention on him being a good player was brought about him playing behind the striker. As a DM there are better less expensive options. Strootman would be good as he's versatile, but as people are saying he might be a little overhyped. Good player but he might be a little too expensive, I'd guess Moyes has a knowledge of cheaper similar players.

Zaha stats are interesting, pretty much show the idea of sending him out on loan being stupid. Compare him to Ox at Arsenal who came in from a league lower and had an impact, Zaha can do the same. He's not going to be Robben by any means but he's certainly not useless, again he needs game time and its not like we are overloaded.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Thiago rumours are just people guessing getting some page hits. None of them have any substance. No confirmable sources or official channels. None of them confirm they personally know anything. Complete waste of time.

You just described 95% of transfers ever.
Reply 5526
What happened to all the hype surrounding Wanyama? Celtic accepted a bid from Southampton for him, but he rejected their offer. He's also been linked with Cardiff, Stoke and Liverpool. I think the big boys were interested in him, not too long ago.
Original post by Tommyjw
You just described 95% of transfers ever.
True, the point being why bother keep posting updates which are not actually updates. It's just another rumour without substance. If Moyes or
Rosell say something that's an update someone randomly saying Thiago said something is just not an update. You might as well just write it yourself, it's worth about as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What formation do you think would be best for us with Thiago? Obviously if we were to sign him, he would have to be a regular starter as that's the main reason as to why it looks like he's leaving Barcelona, however I'm sure Kagawa will be given a much bigger role this season and he's wasted out wide. Not sure what we'll do with Rooney either, got so many attacking options in our team, I just think we need to sign a centre midfielder and a winger really.
Reply 5529
Original post by joebloggs105
Thiago to Man Utd? Think again. Brentford FC are on the verge of capturing him.

p.s. suck my whole ass

Tis a big ass twas a 4 man job !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doggyfizzel
True, the point being why bother keep posting updates which are not actually updates. It's just another rumour without substance. If Moyes or
Rosell say something that's an update someone randomly saying Thiago said something is just not an update. You might as well just write it yourself, it's worth about as much.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair point i agree with that.
Reply 5531
Original post by rohannnnn
What formation do you think would be best for us with Thiago? Obviously if we were to sign him, he would have to be a regular starter as that's the main reason as to why it looks like he's leaving Barcelona, however I'm sure Kagawa will be given a much bigger role this season and he's wasted out wide. Not sure what we'll do with Rooney either, got so many attacking options in our team, I just think we need to sign a centre midfielder and a winger really.

I think we'd go 4-2-3-1 with Thiago alongside Carrick in a two man midfield with Kagawa playing off the striker, centrally in the attacking trio. Rooney or Kagawa may play wide right, depending on whether Rooney stays but it's up to Moyes but I'd back Kagawa to play centrally. If however we do get Strootman then I'd guess Strootman would partner Carrick in midfield and Thiago would play further forward as an attacking midfielder and Kagawa wide right but I'm not sure where that would leave Rooney. I'm not too fussed about Kagawa playing wide right anyway because a. He plays there well enough for his country and b. he has a tendency to drift centrally anyway, he is pretty much an infield winger not an out and out winger like Valencia so in my opinion he is fine to play wide right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5532
Re Thiago we have agreed personal terms etc and Thiago along with his father wants the move however Barcelona are doing all they can to try and halt the deal. Follow @BumperGraham @AndyMitten @Fergie1975 on twitter. They are very reliable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 51m
Barcelona not going to make the transfer easy, but my word, having Thiago Alcântara in the middle with Michael Carrick excites me!
Expand

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 52m
Thiago's father Mazinho and his agent apparently stayed at the Lowry Hotel before returning to Spain last Friday afternoon.
Expand

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 52m
Thiago Alcântara's father and agent were in Manchester last Thursday to discuss with United Officials about possible transfer/contract.
Expand

He works for the club as a photographer, he's not just another one of these guessing journalists.
We are definetly in for him as Oliver Norwood works for utd. Latest twitter rumour is his fad has confirmed he's not signing new deal
Reply 5536
Original post by Whitechapel

How do we know that's not just some random kid who's wearing a top that resembles a Man Utd one? It's so blurry you can't tell. :s-smilie:
You obviously don't know the staff who work at the club
Amazing.

Football signed from a United player
Picture of him signing a United shirt
Sly smiles and such when asked about signing United
And now a picture of him (apparently) wearing a United shirt

ITs like, the most perfect muppet saga i've ever seen. All it needs know is for him to announce something on twitterr.
Wouldn't suprise me if the deal is done/at the stages of a medical etc. etc. but they're waiting till at least 1st July to officially announce it. That way, Moyes is officially in charge and it all looks nice and glossy. :teeth:

Latest