The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3140
Original post by SciFiRory
why is it so hard to do things? :frown:

I know I need to brush my teeth but I just can't get myself to do it, it's like my brain just won't accept it, it's telling me that it's too much effort and that I don't have the motivation and that if I do do it something could go wrong or my drinks/food won't taste right afterwards :s-smilie:

it's such a simple thing but I can't even get myself to do that without having to go through this massive internal argument with myself and I lose that most of the time so I don't do things often enough at all and this is just basic self care yet alone other things :frown:

I hate being like this I really do :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by HmMusic

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by sunfowers01
Thanks. I'm worried about exams for my students. I've had complaints and it makes me feel awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it will be fine, but in some action plans to help your students and that will help you too...

Everyone gets stressed out near exam times and normal do better than they reckon!
Reply 3143
Got real bad depression last night and now I don't feel like doing any work at all. I worked so hard to get these clients now I just feel like letting them down because of my own stupidness...
Original post by Patche
Got real bad depression last night and now I don't feel like doing any work at all. I worked so hard to get these clients now I just feel like letting them down because of my own stupidness...

That's not good :s-smilie: Can you get someone to sit down and start the work with you? And then you can get lost in the work?
why is it so hard to do things? :frown:

I know I need to brush my teeth but I just can't get myself to do it, it's like my brain just won't accept it, it's telling me that it's too much effort and that I don't have the motivation and that if I do do it something could go wrong or my drinks/food won't taste right afterwards :s-smilie:

it's such a simple thing but I can't even get myself to do that without having to go through this massive internal argument with myself and I lose that most of the time so I don't do things often enough at all and this is just basic self care yet alone other things :frown:

I hate being like this I really do :frown:

But you have no problems posting on TSR? Why don't you brush your teeth while browsing on TSR? I sometimes go watch youtube videos while brushing my teeth to make sure I brush long enough, else I'd just rush over every teeth once and be done after like 30 seconds. Could be a little help. And you could eat before brushing teeth then you won't have to worry about bad taste :smile:

Have you managed to brush them by now?
Original post by Anonymous
But you have no problems posting on TSR? Why don't you brush your teeth while browsing on TSR? I sometimes go watch youtube videos while brushing my teeth to make sure I brush long enough, else I'd just rush over every teeth once and be done after like 30 seconds. Could be a little help. And you could eat before brushing teeth then you won't have to worry about bad taste :smile:

He posts on TSR to help and support people aswell as getting help and support from others.
He cant brush his teeth while browsing because he uses a desk top and needs to brush hes teeth over the sink (not everyone can walk away from the sink when brushing teeth)
Most of the time he just forgets. Im one of the worst for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

um, kinda hard to use a laptop and brush teeth at the same time :tongue: plus it really isn't as easy as that, that's the problem, if I could do it as easily as I can use TSR then I would believe me! I guess I could put music on though in our house that's kinda difficult as is a small bathroom :erm: yeah I generally try to eat first if I do get myself to brush my teeth.

I did earlier but that's the first time in at least a week :sad:
Original post by whitepearlbaby
I've come back from a festival today. Had great fun, really :h: I was with friends and my boyfriend and it was rainy but that didn't matter too much.

Trigger? I don't know but I'll spoiler it anyway.

Spoiler

Spoiler

um, kinda hard to use a laptop and brush teeth at the same time :tongue: plus it really isn't as easy as that, that's the problem, if I could do it as easily as I can use TSR then I would believe me! I guess I could put music on though in our house that's kinda difficult as is a small bathroom :erm: yeah I generally try to eat first if I do get myself to brush my teeth.

I did earlier but that's the first time in at least a week :sad:

Why do you put a sad face on that, you managed to do something for the first time in a week, that's good no?

And I guess so, it was just an idea, to take your mind off the fact you have to brush your teeth. It was something my therapist said, we aren't as affected by what bothers us, or able to something that's hard, if we are distracted by something else.
Reply 3150

Spoiler

I'm having a terribly unmotivated day today. I woke up at 6 and just stayed in bed for ages. I'd usually just get up but today I couldn't face it. Housework is piling up again and I just feel like having a "stare at the ceiling" kind of day.
Missed my bus and I have to email my supervisor for an extension. Sitting on a park bench in the park I spent a lot of time with my ex in and just feeling like hell. Everything is just so pointless and I'm an idiot and i deserve nothing good. Why did I even think I could do a degree. I feel like my supervisor and assessor abandoned me and I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel better about this stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3152
Why does it feel that everyone that knows about my fragile mental health has forgotten about it? I haven't opened up with anyone other than my counsellor (and parents) for quite a long time because it feels like they simply don't care about it or even me anymore. I want to be able to open up a bit because I really want share my story and perhaps people can see that I work so hard in such a tough period of my life. However, my common problem is who do I turn to? I don't think I could manage any teasing or judgements etc. I've turned into such a 'lone-wolf' now when it wasn't something I wanted to be but something that I just...became I guess.

I just don't really know to be honest, everything is swirling around and I can't make sense of anything. I don't really know what I want to do...I just...don't know really, just don't know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3153
Really wanted to go for a run today, and pretend that I'm running away. But woken up barely able to breathe from allergies and I'm not sure an activity that increases need for breathing is entirely wise... Taking lots of antihistamines and praying it stops soon because I really need to get out. Home is hard. Not sure how I'm gonna do three months of this. :cry2:
Original post by asdfgah
Really wanted to go for a run today, and pretend that I'm running away. But woken up barely able to breathe from allergies and I'm not sure an activity that increases need for breathing is entirely wise... Taking lots of antihistamines and praying it stops soon because I really need to get out. Home is hard. Not sure how I'm gonna do three months of this. :cry2:

Oh that really sucks, I hope your allergies get better soon!
Reply 3155
Oh that really sucks, I hope your allergies get better soon!

Thanks, I'm not even entirely sure what I'm reacting to other than being home... :tongue: I think it's a combination of bad hayfever (live in the country so more pollen around than at university), cats and dust. So frustrating!

Hope you're doing ok today. :smile:
Original post by asdfgah
Thanks, I'm not even entirely sure what I'm reacting to other than being home... :tongue: I think it's a combination of bad hayfever (live in the country so more pollen around than at university), cats and dust. So frustrating!

Hope you're doing ok today. :smile:

Well those three don't sound too good for someone with allergies and yea frustrating is the right word. Can't even imagine how annoying it would be :frown:

I am actually meh. Restless, because I try to ignore my problems so I don't have to worry about it and freak out. I am gonna go to the local table tennis club tonight though, so hopefully that will be good :smile:
Morning all! Hope were all well? I've had my first counselling appt today was really good just to sound out to someone and get it off my chest! Got an appt for work at 3:30 not looking forward to that as its basically deciding whether I'm fit for work.. I'll lose a lot of money if they fire me :-(

Managed to get up early and get daughter to preschool for 8:30 and I've taken the dog for a walk (plus my meeting) things are looking up at last! Let's hope it lasts!!! Just need to lose the stone I've put on from over eating :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmcgowan13
Morning all! Hope were all well? I've had my first counselling appt today was really good just to sound out to someone and get it off my chest! Got an appt for work at 3:30 not looking forward to that as its basically deciding whether I'm fit for work.. I'll lose a lot of money if they fire me :-(

Managed to get up early and get daughter to preschool for 8:30 and I've taken the dog for a walk (plus my meeting) things are looking up at last! Let's hope it lasts!!! Just need to lose the stone I've put on from over eating :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, that's great to hear! I wish you best of luck for your work interview! Take the positives with you and you will be fine :smile:
I feel awful. I hate being me more than anything, but there's no fix for that. Aside from something I'd have to spoiler. Had a driving lesson and really didn't want to go, then went and it was so rubbish, I couldn't pay attention to what was going on around me so kept nearly killing us both. Not the best.

As always the future looks bleak. I really don't want to see September...

Latest