The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by misty00
Yeah im gonna stay in halls, i dont wanna share a room though :'( we have to...bit awkward lol personal space

Yeah im muslim why? are you?

Yea i am aswell lool
Reply 261
What everyone doing for accommodation ? Do the Uni give you rooms ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
hi, does anyone know anything about Hradec Králové faculty of medicine. I cant get enough info from the internet. is there a nightlife in palacky?
Reply 263
Original post by lewistan
hi, does anyone know anything about Hradec Králové faculty of medicine. I cant get enough info from the internet. is there a nightlife in palacky?

U off to palacky?
Reply 264
Original post by W4L1Y
U off to palacky?

I have been offered a place a palacky but cant decide yet. do you know anything?
Reply 265
both the unis are run by students for night life. both cities have around 95'000 people.
Reply 266
Heyyy guys, I'm new to this thread and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can apply to take the entrance exam for medicine at Charles university in Czech?
Also how much does the entrance exam cost?
Thank you very much.
Reply 267
Hi everyone,

I shall be going to Charles (1st faculty) in September to study Medicine and am hoping to find someone to rent private accommodation with. If anyone is interested or in the same position with helpful tips please let me know!

thanks! :smile:
Reply 268
Heya! I'll be going to the Charles U in september as well! I still haven't decided where ill be staying, whether on campus or in an apartment! But it would be nice to know someone before stepping into my new school in a country that's located across the ocean from me!
Reply 269
Is anyone going to Charles faculty of hredec kralove?
Looking for a few people to share a taxi because you get the cost reimbursed
Original post by Np18
Hi everyone,

I shall be going to Charles (1st faculty) in September to study Medicine and am hoping to find someone to rent private accommodation with. If anyone is interested or in the same position with helpful tips please let me know!

thanks! :smile:

Hi Np18, I'm going to the 1st faculty in September too. I was looking for private accommodation and I think the private places are in better condition and better price wise too. I would like to share an accommodation with someone or another Idea would be to rent a three bedroom place if we can get another student. Tell me what you think.
Hama
Reply 271
Original post by kakarad
Hi Np18, I'm going to the 1st faculty in September too. I was looking for private accommodation and I think the private places are in better condition and better price wise too. I would like to share an accommodation with someone or another Idea would be to rent a three bedroom place if we can get another student. Tell me what you think.
Hama

Hi Hama,

I've been looking online at some places available and agree they look much better and are reasonable prices as well! I'm open to sharing with someone else as well depending on availability of flats and trying to find another person lol either way im not too fussy! do you know anyone else looking?
Reply 272
Original post by izzyoroz
Heya! I'll be going to the Charles U in september as well! I still haven't decided where ill be staying, whether on campus or in an apartment! But it would be nice to know someone before stepping into my new school in a country that's located across the ocean from me!

Hi! Yes i agree would definitely be nice to know a few people before! Have you visited the uni? where are you from? If you're are interested in sharing accommodation or finding someone let me know, you can send me a message as well so we can chat! :smile:
Reply 273
Heyyy guys, I'm new to this thread and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can apply to take the entrance exam for medicine at Charles university in Czech?
Thank you very much.
Please guys if anyone can give me some information on how I can sit this entrance exam please please tell me. I really need to sit this exam please
Reply 274
Original post by Ayesh123
Thank you very much.
Please guys if anyone can give me some information on how I can sit this entrance exam please please tell me. I really need to sit this exam please

I don't know what you mean by 'to take the entrance exam for medicine at Charles university in Czech?' Do you mean you want to do the exam in Czech or take the exam in the Czech Republic? There are a couple of exam centres here in the UK, but I only know of one. I did the entrance exam through CMUCAS, which is in Malvern, Worcestershire.
Reply 275
Original post by VoodooTik
I don't know what you mean by 'to take the entrance exam for medicine at Charles university in Czech?' Do you mean you want to do the exam in Czech or take the exam in the Czech Republic? There are a couple of exam centres here in the UK, but I only know of one. I did the entrance exam through CMUCAS, which is in Malvern, Worcestershire.

Hello,
Thank you very much for answering my question.
I mean which website if any do I go to book my entrance exam to get into the Czech uni for medicine? Also if it is possible for you to tell me, how much did you have to pay altogether?

Thank you very much in advance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 276
Original post by Ayesh123
Hello,
Thank you very much for answering my question.
I mean which website if any do I go to book my entrance exam to get into the Czech uni got medicine? Also if it is possible how much did you pay for the exam?

If you want to do it through CMUCAS:-
Website is www.cmucas.com
E-mail is [email protected]
Number is +44 (0) 1684 892300

Your best bet is to ring them to avoid waiting to hear an answer from them by e-mail.

I forgot how much it costs, but I did the one week revision course there and it was pretty expensive, around about atleast £2000.
Reply 277
Hi every1
i have the charles uni 1st faculty exam in london (abbey college) in about 3 weeks (20/7/13) and havent started revision. I dont even know where to start cos the spec. is huge its beyond my alevel spec. please can someone give me advise on what revision materials to use!!!
The questions on the past paper on their website are completely random and ive never heard of some of the things that they asked.

Has anyone had the exam already?
What kind of questions did they ask?
Did they interview you and what did they ask?
What did you wear?
What did you do the whole day at the college?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck, but i would appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions.

Thanks
Reply 278
Original post by patel101
Hi every1
i have the charles uni 1st faculty exam in london (abbey college) in about 3 weeks (20/7/13) and havent started revision. I dont even know where to start cos the spec. is huge its beyond my alevel spec. please can someone give me advise on what revision materials to use!!!
The questions on the past paper on their website are completely random and ive never heard of some of the things that they asked.

Has anyone had the exam already?
What kind of questions did they ask?
Did they interview you and what did they ask?
What did you wear?
What did you do the whole day at the college?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck, but i would appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions.

Thanks

You only need like 2 weeks of hard work max to pass.

The Biology questions tend to be human-based, but Chemistry and Physics maybe more general i.e. not just based on human-related topics. If you're just going to sit the entrance exam without doing the revision course, my best bet is to revise the CGP books.

If you score a really high mark in the exam, then you automatically get a place. I don't know what the cut-off mark is. The interview was just standard questions like 'why do you want to be a doctor?' and what are the three most important qualities you think a person should have to being a good doctor?' etc. The interview isn't that long - just 3 or 4 questions.

You don't need to be in formal attire to do the written exam, but it's best to wear formal attire for the interview just to make a good impression.

I spent pretty much most of the day studying everyday up until the exam.
Reply 279
Original post by VoodooTik
If you want to do it through CMUCAS:-
Website is www.cmucas.com
E-mail is [email protected]
Number is +44 (0) 1684 892300

Your best bet is to ring them to avoid waiting to hear an answer from them by e-mail.

I forgot how much it costs, but I did the one week revision course there and it was pretty expensive, around about atleast £2000.

Would you be able to tell me what exactly you learnt in the revision sessions you had?
Also I have looked on the website and it says there's a written an oral exam on same day. What exactly would they want us to do know about the oral exam.
Thank you very much for the information you have given me.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending