The Student Room Group

Imperial College London Postgraduate Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by dstudent07
Hi,

Which Gradpad accommodation did you choose? Woodlane ? Griffon ? or Orient house ? Where are you from?? :smile:

Hello,

I chose Woodlane studios primarily because of the location and its the most recent!

Have you decided on accommodation yet?

I am from Trinidad and Tobago :smile: what about you?
Reply 101
Hi guys,

I am pretty new here and I was just wondering, is there a group like this on facebook?

RisseD
Original post by RisseD
Hello,

I chose Woodlane studios primarily because of the location and its the most recent!

Have you decided on accommodation yet?

I am from Trinidad and Tobago :smile: what about you?

Hi I am from Colombia, I was considering Griffon Studios or maybe private accommodation but it seems a little bit demanding. Woodlane is almost full there are left very expensive rooms. So I don't know what to do. I hope we can meet soon. Good Luck with everything.
Hi I am from Colombia, I was considering Griffon Studios or maybe private accommodation but it seems a little bit demanding. Woodlane is almost full there are left very expensive rooms. So I don't know what to do. I hope we can meet soon. Good Luck with everything.

My brother stayed in a studio with Mansion Student when he did his postgraduate course, he said it was nice and peaceful to study but still had nice community feel as there were lots of international students there who wanted to make friends! He stayed at Mansion Lock but I know they have more london properties.

http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/
Reply 104

I know what you mean, I didn't expect rent to be so expensive! I searched all the sites on Imperial's website and I must say it was a frustrating experience. I hope you find somewhere soon, there are a lot of places in London and its way cheaper if you are sharing with someone. You can probably email the student accommodation centre at [email protected], I am sure someone is willing to help.Good luck!
Reply 105
Hey guys

I got an offer for MSc Computing (Software Engineering). Anyone else got an offer in the Department of Computing? :smile:
Original post by nixylloyd90
My brother stayed in a studio with Mansion Student when he did his postgraduate course, he said it was nice and peaceful to study but still had nice community feel as there were lots of international students there who wanted to make friends! He stayed at Mansion Lock but I know they have more london properties.

http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/

Thank you !
Hi all,
Is anyone else starting MSc Physics this October? It would be great to make some contacts beforehand...
Hi guys I have an urgent question.

My italian M.Sc. discussion of the thesis has been moved from mid-July to Mid-October.
I am extremely upset about this but I can't do nothing about it.
I have won a ITN marie curie bursary that will cover my expenses and tuition at imperial, but still waiting approval by chemistry department.
Is this going to be a problem, since the phd would start on october 1st?

thank you so much, i am extremely worried and upset because it has been moved when I was sure that I would have graduated in July and I really do not want to lose this bursary, since I won it by selection and I really care about it.

thanks again!
Original post by ouroboros88
Hi guys I have an urgent question.

My italian M.Sc. discussion of the thesis has been moved from mid-July to Mid-October.
I am extremely upset about this but I can't do nothing about it.
I have won a ITN marie curie bursary that will cover my expenses and tuition at imperial, but still waiting approval by chemistry department.
Is this going to be a problem, since the phd would start on october 1st?

thank you so much, i am extremely worried and upset because it has been moved when I was sure that I would have graduated in July and I really do not want to lose this bursary, since I won it by selection and I really care about it.

thanks again!

Perhaps you should discuss with your university and explain to them that its important that you graduate in July because of your bursary? Did they give you any notice in advance about your graduation being moved to October? If they just gave a few weeks notice in advance, then I think you have a right to say that its unfair since you've already made plans for your PhD with the knowledge of graduating in July.

Apart from that, have you discussed with Imperial if they allow you to start your PhD without your MSc transcript? Probably you might need your university to call Imperial and convince them that your situation is genuine since they will find it hard to believe your case if you're the one doing all the explanation.

I'll be starting my MSc at Imperial this October too. Hope to see you there. All the best!
Reply 110
Original post by rukutaneja
Hey, everyone :smile:
Just wanted to know if anyone else has a postgraduate offer from Imperial College London & the course you have opted for!
Mine:-
Course: MSc Strategic Marketing

Hey! Cngrats on everyones offers! I applied for Strategic Marketing and got accepted BUT they put me on the waitinglist as the program is full for this October intake (i applied late) people who are on FB group of this program, how many ppl are there in that group and what do you think how likely is that i get confirmed? Thanks
Reply 111
Original post by truestory
Hey! Cngrats on everyones offers! I applied for Strategic Marketing and got accepted BUT they put me on the waitinglist as the program is full for this October intake (i applied late) people who are on FB group of this program, how many ppl are there in that group and what do you think how likely is that i get confirmed? Thanks

Hey good luck! I think there's a high chance you may get in since the Facebook group only has 142 members this year and last year there was bout 170+! So I guess it might not actually be full, although that's my theory.

Anyways when did you submit your application for this?

I am also a Colombian student, I was accepted at Imperial College London for an MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering with Biotechnology. I am currently applying for housing at Woodlane Studios.
Reply 113
Hi All,

I am from Taiwan, I got offer from Msc Strategic Marketing :smile:
Really looking forward for upcoming PG life!

I am now considering applying Gradpad accomodation, but not sure to choose Wood Lane or Griffon, any advice?
Hi Everyone!

I'm an International Student from India, joining the MSc Biomedical Engineering with Biomaterials track in September 2013. Anyone else doing Biomedical Engineering? Is anyone interested in sharing private accommodation?
Reply 115
Just got the grades for my BSc - met offer for Biomedical Engineering MSc! Looking forward :smile:
Does anybody know what software is used in Biomedical engineering? I assume matlab is one of them but i wanna know more about this.If anyone knows please reply!
Hi,

I can see that people are looking for accommodation. I have lived in London for the past 3 years while studying at LSE. I currently live with three other students and are looking for someone to fill one of the rooms in our house. Gradpad is really expensive compared to what our house has to offer. We live in a large town house with garden, 2 bathrooms , living room, large kitchen and a garden. There is a bus from the end of the road that can take you straight to imperial. The double room we have to offer is very large and spacious and is marketed as 190 per week with the contract starting from September.

Anyone who is interested should really come to see the property to appreciate how amazing the room and house is. We are available most days for anyone to come and have a look around.
Hey!

I'm going to be starting my Msc in environmental Technology at Imperial college in Sept. 2013.
Lauren is a room in your flat still available to rent?

I am also considering gradpad. What is everyone's take on it here? What is a better option, woodLane or Griffon? It would be great to be in a community of fellow Imperial grads.

Any advice would be really helpful!

Thanks.
Reply 119
MRes Drug Discovery and Development here, anyone else on the same course? (or at least related - bio / chem)
would be nice to get to know some people before arriving :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending