The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Converse girl
You play badminton though?

I used to play for my county at tennis, badminton and squash, I'm not that standard now but I'm pretty good :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
^^ really?! :zomg: I suck at sports though :frown:

Because my wrists are really weak:emo:

You can always improve, and you can't really complain cause you're super intelligent so it wouldn't be fair for you to be good at sports as well :lol:
Original post by Stevo F
I used to play for my county at tennis, badminton and squash, I'm not that standard now but I'm pretty good :smile:

You can always improve, and you can't really complain cause you're super intelligent so it wouldn't be fair for you to be good at sports as well :lol:

I'm bad at sports which require hand strength :lol: but I really like tennis:frown:

So football I'm actually okay at!

And I'm not that smart...

Singing, music and art :mmm:
I'm bad at sports which require hand strength :lol: but I really like tennis:frown:

So football I'm actually okay at!

And I'm not that smart...

Singing, music and art :mmm:

I have big, strong hands, yeah the wrist is probably the most important thing for badminton, tennis is more of a whole arm sport...

've never really played football properly :dontknow:

There will always be smarter people but you're pretty high up the list compared to a lot of people :mmm:

I'm really bad at music and art :frown:
Original post by Stevo F

Cool:ahee:

You are not that standard but pretty good okay :mmm:

I don't really know what I am good at still need to figure it out
Original post by Stevo F
I have big, strong hands, yeah the wrist is probably the most important thing for badminton, tennis is more of a whole arm sport...

've never really played football properly :dontknow:

There will always be smarter people but you're pretty high up the list compared to a lot of people :mmm:

I'm really bad at music and art :frown:

Badminton I used to be good :frown: I'm **** now :colondollar: like can't even serve ****...

My arms are okay I guess... Actually no they aren't :frown:

Aah, I like football, but I haven't played for a team in years...

Really?:awesome:

Music, meh, I can sing a little and used to play instruments, now I can't even play one!:eek: I wanna play guitar/piano next year...

Art, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh :mmm:

How bad?
Badminton I used to be good :frown: I'm **** now :colondollar: like can't even serve ****...

My arms are okay I guess... Actually no they aren't :frown:

Aah, I like football, but I haven't played for a team in years...

Really?:awesome:

Music, meh, I can sing a little and used to play instruments, now I can't even play one!:eek: I wanna play guitar/piano next year...

Art, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh :mmm:

How bad?

I used to prefer badminton to tennis but I'm starting to prefer tennis now...

you have no muscle or what? inbefore do you even lift bro? :rofl:

It's one sport I would have liked to have played more when I was younger :moon:

You know it :tongue: :mmm:

You're really good at art! :ahee:

Like I'm ok if I'm given a picture and have to copy it but drawing anything from scratch you won't even know what I'm trying to draw, even a simple object :lol:

Music I had to do by memory, I couldn't read music at all. I'd have to practise for ages to do even a simple tune and I'd still make mistakes :/ :colondollar:
Original post by Stevo F
I used to prefer badminton to tennis but I'm starting to prefer tennis now...

you have no muscle or what? inbefore do you even lift bro? :rofl:

It's one sport I would have liked to have played more when I was younger :moon:

You know it :tongue: :mmm:

You're really good at art! :ahee:

Like I'm ok if I'm given a picture and have to copy it but drawing anything from scratch you won't even know what I'm trying to draw, even a simple object :lol:

Music I had to do by memory, I couldn't read music at all. I'd have to practise for ages to do even a simple tune and I'd still make mistakes :/ :colondollar:

Tennis :colone:

Here's a pic of my arm... :colonhash:.the test of.my body is just fat!

1372259991591.jpg

^ that looks deformed :ahee:

Can't complain... You play sports :colonhash:

Aaah, I see! That's not bad then :smile:

Memory is awesome! :biggrin: it's nice too, but I.think.reading sheet music would make it easier.for.new melodies
No-one can be as bad as me at art, my storyboards are always good for a laugh.
Tennis :colone:

Here's a pic of my arm... :colonhash:.the test of.my body is just fat!

1372259991591.jpg

^ that looks deformed :ahee:

Can't complain... You play sports :colonhash:

Aaah, I see! That's not bad then :smile:

Memory is awesome! :biggrin: it's nice too, but I.think.reading sheet music would make it easier.for.new melodies

I'm good at doubles, I don't really play singles very much...

looks very normal to me :dontknow: most of the power you get from tennis is actually timing rather than strength, if you hit the ball on the sweet spot of the racket it will always go a reasonable distance :smile:

Yeah I know :mmm:

MY short term memory is so bad, but my mid-longer type memory is pretty good :ahee:
Learning a piece of music they day before didn't work too well though :erm:
Original post by Stevo F
I'm good at doubles, I don't really play singles very much...

looks very normal to me :dontknow: most of the power you get from tennis is actually timing rather than strength, if you hit the ball on the sweet spot of the racket it will always go a reasonable distance :smile:

Yeah I know :mmm:

MY short term memory is so bad, but my mid-longer type memory is pretty good :ahee:
Learning a piece of music they day before didn't work too well though :erm:

I think if I played tennis doubles, I'd piss of my partner too much :ahee:

Fair enough, aah, timing I can do :colone: all that maths actually helps :tongue:

The day before?:lol: what instrument?
Original post by Converse girl
What does that mean?

Converse Girl...Queen goat...TSRian...

You don't know what a dildo is? :facepalm2:

Where have you been all of your teenage years?? :lolwut:
1372259991591.jpg

You have the same TV remote as me. :ahee:
Original post by boumavilla
You have the same TV remote as me. :ahee:

Pretty sure they all look the same :mmm:
I think if I played tennis doubles, I'd piss of my partner too much :ahee:

Fair enough, aah, timing I can do :colone: all that maths actually helps :tongue:

The day before?:lol: what instrument?

I never get annoyed with my partner, just myself :mmm: Although it was a bit frustrating the other day when we were playing a competitive mens match against a top division team and we were winning, and then my partner does 4 double faults on his service game and effectively hands them the match :laugh

3D trigonometric mechanics :awesome:

Recorder :teehee:
Original post by Stevo F
I never get annoyed with my partner, just myself :mmm: Although it was a bit frustrating the other day when we were playing a competitive mens match against a top division team and we were winning, and then my partner does 4 double faults on his service game and effectively hands them the match :laugh

3D trigonometric mechanics :awesome:

Recorder :teehee:

Oh wow :mmm: I'd be slightly annoyed at that :colone:

How do you return such fast serves?:redface:

:ahee: :sogood:

Haha. I can't take recorders seriously :mmm:
Oh wow :mmm: I'd be slightly annoyed at that :colone:

How do you return such fast serves?:redface:

:ahee: :sogood:

Haha. I can't take recorders seriously :mmm:

He played well overall though and we beat their other pair so it's all good :h:

My forehand is like awesome, I can return almost anything with a hard shot back with it but my backhand is much much weaker and I'll just do a slice block return high into the airwith it, takes some practise but once you know how to do it it's pretty easy :yep:

Nor could I, that was kinda the problem :teehee:
Original post by Stevo F
He played well overall though and we beat their other pair so it's all good :h:

My forehand is like awesome, I can return almost anything with a hard shot back with it but my backhand is much much weaker and I'll just do a slice block return high into the airwith it, takes some practise but once you know how to do it it's pretty easy :yep:

Nor could I, that was kinda the problem :teehee:

:awesome: Tsonga had to pull out:frown:

So jelly :ahee: I find my grip is weak and my bat would fly off if I tried to one handedly return the ball with a back hand :colondollar: (this was years ago)

:rofl:
I hate Wimbledon... and tennis for that matter. :colone:
:awesome: Tsonga had to pull out:frown:

So jelly :ahee: I find my grip is weak and my bat would fly off if I tried to one handedly return the ball with a back hand :colondollar: (this was years ago)

:rofl:

I like Tsonga as a player, hard hitter like me xD

You probably need a new grip if you're having that problem, it would be difficult to let go of your racket mid-shot if you had a decent grip on it...
And it's called a racket :colonhash: :tongue:

:mmm:
Original post by Stevo F
I like Tsonga as a player, hard hitter like me xD

You probably need a new grip if you're having that problem, it would be difficult to let go of your racket mid-shot if you had a decent grip on it...
And it's called a racket :colonhash: :tongue:

:mmm:

Haha. Yeah, I liked him :colondollar:

Racquet :mmm: I meant that! I think my left hand is better :holmes: it's stronger to punch with too...

:teehee:

Latest