The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by Prendah
So now there is even less competition for Williams to win the title now, womens 2nd and 3rd seeds out today.

The way things are going I don't think we can look too far into the competition, who knows what can happen
Reply 3981
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Why are you so happy - nadal still got beaten

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am happy because Nadal conquerors don't get far after beating him; its the curse effect.:wink:
Reply 3982
Sorry for an amateur question, but for the quarters, is it the winner of section 1 plays winner of section 2 and so forth?
(1v2, 3v4, 5v6 etc)
Reply 3983
Original post by WdA04
Sorry for an amateur question, but for the quarters, is it the winner of section 1 plays winner of section 2 and so forth?
(1v2, 3v4, 5v6 etc)

Yeah.
Original post by ubi1
Am happy because Nadal conquerors don't get far after beating him; its the curse effect.:wink:

So you're happy he got injured?
Reply 3985
So you're happy he got injured?

:yes:
Reply 3986

You are one sick individual. :smile:
Reply 3988

Snape?:withstupid:
Reply 3989
Federer needs to improve his ground game if he is to win Wimbledon again. Although his serve has been working, which is obviously the most important shot on grass, but he can't became another Isner. He has to try to break serve.
Original post by ubi1
Snape?:withstupid:

What?
Reply 3991
Question to anyone: why when a player slips or for some reason stays on the ground for a while, does a ballboy/girl come along to nick their racket?
Can't believe Federer mugged up completely on them break points. If he goes onto lose this then he will only have himself to blame.
Reply 3993
Original post by Hopple
Question to anyone: why when a player slips or for some reason stays on the ground for a while, does a ballboy/girl come along to nick their racket?

I guess just to hand them their racket when they get back up.
Federer vs Stakhovsky pretty interesting match tied at 1set all 2 tiebreaks and beginning of the 3rd Federer made 2 really big forehand UEs which cost him getting a break
Roger Federer does not go out before the quarter finals of grand slams .... But then this is not a normal day?
Reply 3996
Federer will not go out before the quarters of slams law of Federer:wink:
Reply 3997
Original post by hskjlclcn
Roger Federer does not go out before the quarter finals of grand slams .... But then this is not a normal day?

He was in a worse position last year, I'm sure he'll come through.
Reply 3998
Original post by Prendah
I guess just to hand them their racket when they get back up.

Tbh, I'd find that annoying more than anything. And that's without the OCD "Don't touch my stuff!" that tennis players would have.
Reply 3999
2 and a half sets gone and still no break of serve. Serve and volley working so well for Stakhovsky

Latest