The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This Jekyll and Hyde act from Federer is just excruciating. Every time he gets himself ahead he will just as quickly peg himself back with an awful FH error.

EDIT: Just again. Had to save two break points -- saved the first with a great ace, but then loses the second with a horrible shank. :facepalm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Is Federer injured, or is Stakhovsky just playing really well?
Reply 4002
Original post by whyumadtho

The latter.
Original post by whyumadtho

Not injured, just playing like ****. Stakhovsky playing very well.
Original post by Prendah
He was in a worse position last year, I'm sure he'll come through.

I know that but Federer isn't what he was then and Bennetteau was not what Stakhovsky is right now!
Reply 4005
Would be strange to see Roger's QF streak end at Wimbledon of all places, surely not.
Original post by hskjlclcn
I know that but Federer isn't what he was then and Bennetteau was not what Stakhovsky is right now!

Federer played worse in that match in my opinion but Stakhovsky is just better.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Federer played worse in that match in my opinion but Stakhovsky is just better.

It's open to debate. I think last year Federer always had a grasp on how to win that match even from 2 sets down, whereas this year he just doesn't seem to (at this moment in time of course!)
What I want to know is why everyone in the crowd is supporting Federer. Get behind the underdog, they only get to do this sort of stuff very rarely!
Opinions on Stakhovskys girlfriend? :mmm:
Original post by one2three_abc
What I want to know is why everyone in the crowd is supporting Federer. Get behind the underdog, they only get to do this sort of stuff very rarely!

Well said!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching Stakhovsky is like watching tennis from the 1980s at Wimbledon. Refreshing to see the S+V plays from him.

Federer just nailed a backhand at Stakhovsky without apologising. Not cool.
Reply 4012

Rarely? There've been enough upsets already :tongue:

Original post by Mr Smurf
Opinions on Stakhovskys girlfriend? :mmm:

I thought she was Jenna-Louise Coleman first of all, shows the quality of my stream :tongue:

Because most casual tennis watchers are people who think nobody apart from Federer is worth watching and that he should win all the time. Compare it to Nadal or Djokovic and the underdog gets plenty of support.
Come on Stakhovsky!
Reply 4015
Original post by Sirocco11
Watching Stakhovsky is like watching tennis from the 1980s at Wimbledon. Refreshing to see the S+V plays from him.

I dont like that he tried taking out the opponent twice.:angry:

I hope he teabags fed when he beats him :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because most casual tennis watchers are people who think nobody apart from Federer is worth watching and that he should win all the time. Compare it to Nadal or Djokovic and the underdog gets plenty of support.

In that case, I hope Stakhovsky gets the win, I doubt he will though
Original post by hayles101
I hope he teabags fed when he beats him :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. Federer can do things like that and get away with it because of who he is.
Original post by accountant-future
In that case, I hope Stakhovsky gets the win, I doubt he will though

Same, if he can take this to a breaker he's got a chance. If he gets broken the 5th set will fly by in 20 minutes.

Latest